Everything posted by Astro Domino
-
Should your QB play defense?
Logan Armstrong played QB/LB in ‘07. A few factors went into that though. That was his one and only year starting at QB and he had definitely already established himself as one of the best players on defense the 2 seasons prior. He was built like a LB and QB was really his secondary position behind LB. Also that team was pretty thin on solid players if I remember correctly.
-
2024 Herald-Leader Class Of The Commonwealth
Undefeated, Record-Setting, State Champion, Paducah Tilghman QB Jack James wasn’t even mentioned. And that’s with at least 8 QBs being listed. With that being said, there’s always going to be some way to pick apart a list like this.
-
How many state championships will NKY teams win this year?
Not sure about that. I thought Beechwood would win 2A before the season, before the playoffs and before yesterdays game. No way more people thought Ryle would win 6A than Beechwood would win 2A.
-
Trinity vs. Ryle Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)
14-14
-
Christian Academy of Louisville vs. Union County Predictions/Updates (3A State Championship)
As much as I am hoping for a Union County upset, it’s just not going to happen. Like a few others have said, this will be the most lopsided game of the weekend. CAL wins big.
-
Beechwood 50 Owensboro Catholic 34 (2A State Championship)
3A is no tougher than 2A. Probably weaker than 2A at the top at least the past 2 seasons. How many classes do you want them to move up?
-
Paducah Tilghman vs. Franklin County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
The missed connection for a potential FC touchdown on the PT blown coverage was huge. But so was the goal line stop by FC to end the half.
-
Paducah Tilghman vs. Franklin County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
I’ve seen him make kids with good speed look like they were moving in slow motion.
-
Paducah Tilghman vs. Franklin County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
Not many kids other than Carter chase that kid down on that last run.
-
Paducah Tilghman vs. Franklin County Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
I know this team is a year older and a year better with a couple added pieces but Tilghman was averaging 51.8 points per game last year when they headed to Covington Catholic and they only put up 14 on the scoreboard so it’s definitely possible PT doesn’t light up the scoreboard. They could also put up 40. Who knows. I will agree with an earlier comment though that Franklin Co. hasn’t faced a quality team that can deliver in the passing game like PT can.
-
Beechwood vs. Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)
Beechwood has been slept on the last 3/4 of the season. I’m kind of looking at them this season like the Chiefs always look. It’s like “hey man we have been here and done this a million times, just see us in the playoffs when we start to actually play!” Beechwood is super talented and just has winning in its DNA. Beechwood wins this game for sure.
-
Louisville 41 Kentucky 14
As a Mayfield football fan it’s nice to see Boley still throwing the ball to Cardinals!
-
Union County 43 Belfry 21
Awesome to see Union County advance to the championship. They’ve had a solid program for several years now and it’s nice to see them finally get over the hump. Go Braves!
-
Beechwood 44 Lexington Christian Academy 24
Surely it wouldn’t have been any worse than 47-7, but glad we’ll never know. See you next year and beat O-Cath!
-
Beechwood 44 Lexington Christian Academy 24
I’ve always felt the same with Danville against Mayfield. Mayfield has only ever beat them once. But there’s been many times we had a better team than them (especially in the past 15 years) but they weren’t good enough to make it to play us. Of course the one time we played them in the last 18 years was in the 2017 state title game when they had VanCleave and they beat us again haha. And I do realize they weren’t in the same class from 07-15 but still.
-
2024 KFCA Mr. Football Finalists
I’m gonna say it comes down to: Atwell Jarren Johnson Quisenberry Jack James And I’m guessing one of the QBs wins it especially if they win a state title. With that being said, I would still personally go with Quisenberry.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
I agree. Back in 2010 or so Mayfield’s offense was ahead of 95% of Kentucky schools when we really started to spread it out and use the whole field, but we have never evolved one bit in the past 15 years. Mayfield has the athletes. Send guys in motion. Run plays out of uncommon sets. Put guys in different positions to make plays and confuse the defense.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
In 2003 you had to be up by 45 to get a running clock. Tilghman didn’t even score 45 points in that game.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
Was 36 points a running clock then? I know up until at least 2006 you had to be up by 45 before the running clock started.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
Mayfield will be good next year. Not saying they will win state by any means but I will also say they have a great shot at it. Their senior class will be very experienced and battle tested. Gray Robbins will have a year under his belt. Josiah England will be GREAT next year. Mayfield will be VERY tough next year and have a great shot at a state title!
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
Anybody that thought Mayfield was going to make some noise this year was delusional. Point blank period.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
But I still don’t think it was a running clock in Indiana.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
Mayfield has never had a running clock put on them period that I know of. Playoffs or not.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 47 Mayfield 7
I haven’t commented on Mayfield hardly at all if any this year. I knew they were super young and didn’t expect hardly anything out of this season if anything. I know the old school Mayfield guys on here talk them up no matter what but they are COMPLETELY out of touch. Any team is what they have that season. Mayfield will be VERY GOOD next year and I will be commenting a lot but this season there was nothing I could ever say that was bragging on them genuinely. Mayfield was super down this year and that’s that. Good luck to all teams….my prediction is that Beechwood beats LCA in the semifinals and they also beat OCath in the state championship. And that’s what I’ve thought all season long.
-
6A Quarterfinalists
If all 3 of these teams win this week then Trinity and FD will be playing in the final four.