Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many state championships will NKY teams win this year?

Featured Replies

I had a friend ask me if NKY was going to win four state championships this year.  I think that is highly doubtful.  Here are the teams still alive.

6A - Ryle
5A - Cooper & Highlands
4A - Covington Catholic
2A - Beechwood

How many state championships will NKY teams win this year?

My answer to my friend was 2 at best.  I think I like the teams (chances) in this order:

Cooper
Ryle
Beechwood
Highlands & CovCath (tie)

What are your thoughts on the NKY teams?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Beechwood has been considered an underdog all season and not giving the credit they deserve? Beechwood has been considered basically a top 3 team in the state all year in 2A. I don’t think a single pe

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    I think it will be just one. Here is the order of the best chances in my opinion.    Cooper Ryle Highlands Covcath Beechwood

  • Regardless of what happens over the next few weeks I hope ALL NKY teams left in post play represent well.   Being a Beechwood fan,  also I like seeing Beechwood in most of this post discussion as

Posted Images

Give me Highlands Beechwood and Cov Cath. Can never go wrong with Blue bloods.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

One.

Which one and why the laugh?

I think it will be just one. Here is the order of the best chances in my opinion. 
 

Cooper

Ryle

Highlands

Covcath

Beechwood

6A - Ryle - If Savage is healthy, I think they do this. Quality roster, big OL, multiple P4 difference makers.

5A - Cooper - best player (O'Hara), surrounded by high end talent and experience. 

4A - I don't know enough about Corbin and Franklin County to make a prediction. If Cov Cath matches up against PT, I think the Colonels win based on what I saw last year. 

2A - I think Beechwood gets beat this week after looking at the preview thread. 

Regardless of what happens over the next few weeks I hope ALL NKY teams left in post play represent well.  

Being a Beechwood fan,  also I like seeing Beechwood in most of this post discussion as the underdog, it’s been that way all season and I feel most don’t give them the credit they deserve, only time will tell.

 

I am bullish and going 4.  Ryle, Cooper, CovCath and Beechwood.

2 hours ago, The_Bull44 said:

Regardless of what happens over the next few weeks I hope ALL NKY teams left in post play represent well.  

Being a Beechwood fan,  also I like seeing Beechwood in most of this post discussion as the underdog, it’s been that way all season and I feel most don’t give them the credit they deserve, only time will tell.

 

Beechwood has been considered an underdog all season and not giving the credit they deserve? Beechwood has been considered basically a top 3 team in the state all year in 2A. I don’t think a single person would be shocked in Beechwood wins state again. Just because people may not think they are the favorite, doesn’t mean people don’t think much of them. 
 

I know for me I think Beechwood is the 5th best team in NKY this year, behind the other teams that are also still playing. So to me I just like those other teams chances a little bit better at winning it all than Beechwood. However, as I said before I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Beecbwood does it again and wins it all. 

I agree with the BIG ?…

Cooper / Highlands
Ryle
Beechwood
CovCath

…really tight / very strong teams outside of NoKY

- 5A is probably a toss-up…seems like Bowling Green & South Warren are really good - I assume the final three games will be quite entertaining

- I *think* Union’s Pirates will make it to LEX…just not sure they have enough to get the W over Freddy D or Trinity 

- The ? ‘probably’ matches-up better against OCath than LCA…they’re likely underdogs in the semi-final game 

- I consider The Blue Colonels victory against Boyle County more surprising than Boyle’s victory up north - I also think 4A is the “best “classification””…all remaining teams are “live wires”

I “think” ONE / hope TWO

Always the optimist:  4   

Ryle

Highlands

Covington Catholic

Beechwood

 

I'm pulling for Beechwood, I said last year they should win it this year.

3: 

Ryle makes final but will find Trinity a little too much to handle. 

Winner of Highlands/Cooper takes 5A (and believe this is a coin flip game). 

Colonels ride the wave of momentum and confidence from Boyle victory to take 4A. 

Beechwood takes 2A.

 

Wishing good luck to all the teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.