Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Astro Domino

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Astro Domino

  1. I was just honestly wondering if they used him a lot on offense in the scrimmage. Definitely not trying to make a case that Mayfield’s defense is better than OC’s or anything because I haven’t even seen them play. Like you said football is a crazy sport and the season is just getting started. It’s definitely gonna be a fun one!
  2. My only response to that would be how much did PT throw to Wade in that scrimmage? He was literally a one man wrecking crew. You take him off the field and it’s a totally different game. That is no knock to any other kid in a Tilghman uniform, that is just a testament to the dominance I saw by him tonight.
  3. The Cardinals should be fine in 2A. Wade is just a next level athlete and Paducah used him very little in the past 2 weeks. You can exert the resources to somewhat contain him but then Thompson and McPike are gonna tear you apart. If you wanna drop 6 or 7 into coverage to slow down the pass game then they’ll run it down your throat behind their solid O Line. I thought Mayfield’s shot at winning this game would come from the inexperience of PTs QB but he looked very good. Their offense is top notch anyway you look at it.
  4. Football is the ultimate team game but the speed and athleticism of #5 Cam Wade alone was enough to decide this game. His speed and quickness is elite level, and by elite I don’t mean just in the state of Kentucky. Crowe looked very good at QB.
  5. Not that polls even matter, but hypothetically if Mayfield beats Paducah this Friday in a close game and Beechwood and OCath win in convincing fashion does Mayfield move up? What if LCA happens to win also? And oh yeah possibly Belfry over JC. Just seeing what people’s thoughts are? Ranking good teams is tough when everyone is winning.
  6. Pikeville Bowling Green Johnson Central Manual Moeller TB - 52
  7. This game is very hard to call for me. I think Paducah’s roster is the more talented of the two with that being no knock on Mayfield’s players. I would say experience-wise Mayfield has the upper hand. They have several guys that have played big roles for 3 years now. I can definitely see this game going either way and expect it to be a great game that I can’t wait to attend. It will be a great atmosphere especially with this being PT’s first home game of the year. No matter who wins or loses this game it will not define either team’s season but will give the winner a great boost heading forward and is a great measuring stick for both teams as this will be the toughest challenge for both until at least the 3rd week of the playoffs. I’m admittedly being a bit of a homer with my pick but I think if Mayfield doesn’t play too conservative on offense and takes some chances they will win this game. With that being said, of course turnovers always have a huge role in a game of this magnitude. Also the penalties, especially unsportsmanlike penalties, in a game that is almost sure to get chippy at times will sway the game one way or the other in big situations. I’m gonna take the Cardinals in a close one 31-28.
  8. I respect that. You are probably right. Guess I was just giving them the benefit of the doubt. I’ll be rooting for Hoptown either way.
  9. No better time to check this game out than this coming Friday! Teams seem pretty evenly matched this year. Not trying to look ahead but it seems Paducah will have the upper hand in the next few years (hope I’m wrong about that). It’s at Tilghman and they have some REALLY GOOD concession food on the visiting side. It’s the most wonderful week of the year down here in far western KY!
  10. Northeast is not that good. McCracken can and should win that game I think. Murray and Mayfield will beat MC. Union could be a toss up but as of right now I would lean Union. McCracken should beat Hoptown and Christian. Can definitely see them starting 1-5 though.
  11. Oh ok sorry. Was thinking this game should be almost over. Guessing it’s the 2nd game of a doubleheader. Keeping an eye on it.
  12. Any other info on game? Time left? Score?
  13. I heard @theguru get a shoutout before kickoff on The Red Helmet broadcast!
  14. 35-0 Mayfield with 7:33 left in the first half. Clock runner.
  15. Let’s Go Ads! KY Football is wayyy better when Danville is winning football games!
  16. Highlands Johnson Central Manual Glasgow Belfry TB - 43
  17. Obviously WAYYY too early to tell but this win could help give OCath the #1 seed in 2A once again come playoff time. That gives them home field advantage and keeps them out of a dog fight in the 3rd round in which LCA and Mayfield would once again have to battle it out. Like I said way too early to tell but this was definitely a first good step on that path for them. Great win.
  18. I think they were talking about Woodford County.
  19. Yeah from everything I’ve read about X it sounds like they are loaded! That will definitely be the best team O plays all year. And I am guessing next Friday will be the 2nd best team they play all season. Not saying they can’t win that game but I don’t expect them too. From there on out I think the sky is the limit though.
  20. Anyone have stats for the game?
  21. I totally agree. With O’s early schedule, no matter who they face come playoff time they can think back and say “been there done that.” I love to see teams willing to play a challenging schedule. You do yourself no favors by scheduling cupcakes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.