Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman 55 Mayfield 29

Featured Replies

Tilghman started showing flashes of 2024 on offense in this game and had their best performance of the season to give them a 3-peat in the series. A lot of us knew it may eventually get there,figured it may take longer,but big improvement in just over a week. 

Predicted to be a close game by most, including me, the Mayfield secondary struggled against the PT receiving corp and that's probably the biggest difference. 

Mayfield is still a top contender in 2A, go ahead and believe that, because it's true. 

I was at this one.

Honestly thought Mayfield would've been more competitive.

Just now, Cmurph06y said:

I was at this one.

Honestly thought Mayfield would've been more competitive.

How do you feel about the two teams after watching the game?

Football is the ultimate team game but the speed and athleticism of #5 Cam Wade alone was enough to decide this game. His speed and quickness is elite level, and by elite I don’t mean just in the state of Kentucky. Crowe looked very good at QB.

I have to admit that I'm surprised at 55 for PT. That's a lot for a rivalry game. They had 500+ offensive yards. 237 yards and 5 td's for Cam Wade. Awesome stats for one guy. 

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

How do you feel about the two teams after watching the game?

I don't know who beats Tilghman in 4A if they're looking like this against a team like Mayfield.

I'm not gonna go out and say another 15-0 year, but they're clearly the top dogs in their class again this year.

Just now, Cmurph06y said:

I don't know who beats Tilghman in 4A if they're looking like this against a team like Mayfield.

I'm not gonna go out and say another 15-0 year, but they're clearly the top dogs in their class again this year.

What about the Cards in 2A?

PT had 564 total offensive yards. Crazy.

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

What about the Cards in 2A?

I personally think Mayfield will be alright and are definitely contenders for 2A.

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

What about the Cards in 2A?

The Cardinals should be fine in 2A. Wade is just a next level athlete and Paducah used him very little in the past 2 weeks. You can exert the resources to somewhat contain him but then Thompson and McPike are gonna tear you apart. If you wanna drop 6 or 7 into coverage to slow down the pass game then they’ll run it down your throat behind their solid O Line. I thought Mayfield’s shot at winning this game would come from the inexperience of PTs QB but he looked very good. Their offense is top notch anyway you look at it. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

What about the Cards in 2A?

Kinda tough.

The offense practically lost the game on Tilghman's first kickoff with a costly fumble, but was otherwise solid enough.

Obviously, the defense got shredded all night long, but outside of Beechwood and MAYBE LCA, Mayfield won't see another offense like this either in the regular season or the playoff field.

Cards will be fine the rest of the way, just a testament to how dominant Tilghman is.

  • Author

After having scrimmaged Owensboro Catholic and now having played Mayfield, I would give the edge to OC on defense alone. 

Mayfield has the offense to put up some points. Home field in 2A is going to be huge this year. 

 

3 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

After having scrimmaged Owensboro Catholic and now having played Mayfield, I would give the edge to OC on defense alone. 

Mayfield has the offense to put up some points. Home field in 2A is going to be huge this year. 

 

My only response to that would be how much did PT throw to Wade in that scrimmage? He was literally a one man wrecking crew. You take him off the field and it’s a totally different game. That is no knock to any other kid in a Tilghman uniform, that is just a testament to the dominance I saw by him tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.