Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman 55 Mayfield 29

Featured Replies

  • Author
Just now, Astro Domino said:

My only response to that would be how much did PT throw to Wade in that scrimmage. He was literally a one man wrecking crew. You take him off the field and it’s a totally different game. That is no knock to any other kid in a Tilghman uniform, that is just a testament to the dominance I saw by him tonight.

They actually targeted him quite a bit, it just seemed someone was always in the area to slow him down. Had several runs and couldn't get the big break away. They just slowed the PT offense down overall. 

Now, I know we're not comparing apples to apples here either and as I type this, I see OC struggled tonight some. 

High school football can be so unpredictable. Mayfield will go deep in the playoffs at minimum. 

4 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

They actually targeted him quite a bit, it just seemed someone was always in the area to slow him down. Had several runs and couldn't get the big break away. They just slowed the PT offense down overall. 

Now, I know we're not comparing apples to apples here either and as I type this, I see OC struggled tonight some. 

High school football can be so unpredictable. Mayfield will go deep in the playoffs at minimum. 

I was just honestly wondering if they used him a lot on offense in the scrimmage. Definitely not trying to make a case that Mayfield’s defense is better than OC’s or anything because I haven’t even seen them play. Like you said football is a crazy sport and the season is just getting started. It’s definitely gonna be a fun one!

Congrats to Tilghman!  I'm sure it felt good to win this one at home!

For Mayfield, still a long way to go.  Is the Mayfield QB healthy?

9 hours ago, PTHSalumni said:

I have to admit that I'm surprised at 55 for PT. That's a lot for a rivalry game. They had 500+ offensive yards. 237 yards and 5 td's for Cam Wade. Awesome stats for one guy. 

I do not recall Wade from last year, its like he came from out of nowhere. What a showing by him, he dominated early and often. How did he not start last year? He was one of the best I've seen in a while. Congrats PT!

 

3 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

I do not recall Wade from last year, its like he came from out of nowhere. What a showing by him, he dominated early and often. How did he not start last year? He was one of the best I've seen in a while. Congrats PT!

 

Riehards does not show Wade on the 2024 roster.  Is he a transfer?

  • Author
22 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

Riehards does not show Wade on the 2024 roster.  Is he a transfer?

Yes

37 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

Riehards does not show Wade on the 2024 roster.  Is he a transfer?

From the East Nashville area I believe.  Very speedy!  That catch he had from Sains on the flea-flicker was nice!!!

As a Mayfield fan my heart hoped we would keep it close but my mind and eyes always thought PT was faster and more athletic than we were starting with the QB and so forth....PT can beat you how they want to beat you that's the dominance of this team...Some got caught up how they beat Graves by running the ball and actually forgot they got a legit passing game that challenges you down the field were Mayfield continues to throw screens and dink and dunk..Maybe its bc we don't really have that type of athleticism at WR but even when we do we've also continue with the dink and dunk and screen play ie in 2023 against PT but had WR that could challenge you down the field...As good as number 5 was offensively I would of challenged him more as I posted in a earlier thread PT secondary was doing a lot of holding and saw in a earlier post someone comment on his defense as well...PT will be fine but I am concerned with us against OC, LCA and especially BW with their speed and yes home field will be key...We got time to work on somethings..don't be mistaken PT was a much better team and knew we could never threaten them offensively enough to win, alway 2 or 3 steps behind...just IMO...from a football fans point of view awesome high school football game to watch....

The Cardinals held their own offensively, moving the ball both through the air and on the ground, but, couldn't keep pace with the Tilghman offense. To beat them, you have to somehow manage to get a couple of stops defensively, which PT did and Mayfield didn't. The Cards had numerous chances having PT in 3rd and long or 4th and long but couldn't hold them on key downs. It didn't help that they turned the ball over a couple of times and gave the Tornado short fields to work with. As poorly as Mayfields defense was, they still managed to stay within striking distance, but, PT always had an answer to maintain their cushion and usually within a minute or 2 after the Cards had scored to pull it close. On several pass plays, the Cards DBs were all over the PT wide receivers, but, they still managed to come down with the ball on 50/50 plays, so, give credit to them for making plays in key situations. 

The most impressive thing about the Tornados is they play loose, aggressive, with confidence & swagger & with sound fundamentals & discipline. That's not always been the case with some past teams. They may not win it all this year cause there's some other really good teams in their class, but, it'll take a huge effort and well executed game plan to knock them off. 

Mayfield will be fine. It'll still take a great effort and clean game for another 2a team to knock them off.  

Mayfield went  against 2 SEC receivers and their other receivers are pretty good too. I'm not sure the QB for PT isn't better than the one they had last year. He is very accurate and throws a good deep ball. 

Mayfield couldn't slow them down at all last night and the turnovers we had put us in the hole. This is the type of game that prepares you for the playoffs and we won't even come close to seeing a team like this in the playoffs. When PT is good, it's good for the whole State when PT is a contender for a State Title. The one thing that concerns me about PT is their defense.

Mayfield should contend for a State Title as long as they improve over the season. 

All the valid points have been made, and I agree with them. We did a good job stopping the run, but had NO answer for their passing game. Well done Big Blue.

One more thing, and it is an observation not a criticism. I thought it was unwise to have Crowe still in the game with 3:00 to go leading 55-29. He even ran the ball. Yikes! They cannot afford to lose him. IMO ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.