Everything posted by Astro Domino
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
Correct. And I don’t see Green County being able to hang anywhere near OCath.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
I really don’t think so either but I honestly don’t know. They are playing a decent 4A team to close out their schedule but probably won’t be enough.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
If Green County happens to jump LCA then OCath will essentially be penalized for having the #1 spot as they will have to play LCA in the third round, given Green County makes the third round. With that being said, for someone other than LCA to win the championship you will have to beat them at some point, so what better place to do it than on your home turf.
-
Mayfield 49 Murray 14
Murray brings out the worst in Mayfield. It’s a bitter rivalry with no love lost. The Mayfield-Murray game is almost always way more chippy than the crosstown rival Graves County game or the Paducah Tilghman game. I’m not making any excuses for the penalties. It just is what it is. These teams will likely meet in the 2nd round of the playoffs and I’m sure that game will be the same way.
-
Mayfield 49 Murray 14
Does anyone know the penalty stats of last nights game?
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
Kinda looking like everything is set in stone at this point but I guess you never know.
-
Mayfield 49 Murray 14
Yes a CRAZY amount of flags thrown in this game. And yes it is a huge rivalry game and I understand the refs trying to mitigate the situation to a certain degree but they kind of took the fun out of the game to an extent. Either way, no harm done, onto next week.
-
Simon Kenton at Ryle Predictions/Updates
Down goes Frazier!
-
Boyle County Pound for Pound #1?
When I rethink the title of this post it actually can be and to me is translated into a boxing metaphor. If you are the pound for pound best boxer in the world it doesn’t mean you can beat the champ that’s two weight classes ahead of you, it means that you are more dominant against your own class than any other boxer I’d in their class. So with that being said, Boyle could beat Corbin and still be the best pound for pound team in the state if if they aren’t better than Male.
-
The price of a ticket
Of course I understand that NFL players are highly paid and for good reason and I also understand the logistics of pro sports and why they can charge so much for a ticket and deservedly so but to be honest I am a KY high school football connoisseur and would pay up on a good high school matchup I wanna see before I would an NFL game, of course with the understanding that a high priced high school game is still gonna be a fraction of the price of any NFL game.
-
The price of a ticket
If I wanna see the game I’ll pay whatever the price. Of course knowing it’s gonna be under $20
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 2A Football Rankings 10/16
It honestly is possible. Sorry.
-
Boyle County Pound for Pound #1?
So hard to say but like he just stated if Boyle beats FD and beats Corbin or wins 4A state against a team that beats Corbin, it would be hard to argue against. Especially if FD wins 6A and Boyle has beat them and Boyle wins 4A then I would say yes it’s unanimous they were the best team in the state. Time will tell a lot.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
To be honest if Green County beats Taylor County last game of the season and somehow jumps LCA in RPI, and assuming Green County also makes it to the third round of the playoffs then being the number one ranked team will be a burden considering the #1 ranked team would then host LCA in the third round. RPI is a crazy beast.
-
TP94 Power Ratings (10/18/23)
I say it every time you release these but I honestly think these are the most accurate rankings out there by far.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
I honestly don’t think so because Fort Campbell has a decent record but who knows.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 4A Football Rankings 10/16
How much space separates these top 4 teams? Is Corbin as good as Boyle? How far behind those two teams is CovCath? Does Paducah belong at the table with the other 3? Just wondering people’s thoughts on this.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 10/16
I stated that BG is 6 seconds and a hook and ladder away from being a three loss team only because someone made the argument that they are 9 points away from being undefeated. So if there are are arguments both ways then you have to say a win is a win and a loss is a loss. BG has 2 losses and Highlands has one. All good losses. There is no way that there is a clear cut argument that BG is better than Highlands. Let it go.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 10/16
They are also 6 seconds and one hook and lateral away from having 3 losses. So just depends on how you look at things.
-
If you could change one thing about Kentucky High School Football what would it be?
I can’t disagree with that. But a lot of other states have 5 rounds in the playoffs so our teams wouldn’t be able to keep up. My solution to less teams making the playoffs goes back to your point #2. With only 4 classes there would be less teams in the playoffs across the state. I just still can’t believe they ever thought that it was necessary to have more than 4 classes in Kentucky.
-
If you could change one thing about Kentucky High School Football what would it be?
The ONLY reason I am against #3, and this may seem goofy to most people, is the fact that Kentucky has 3 schools in the top 5 nationally in all time wins and I would like to see those teams stay there so more games equals more opportunities for wins to stay atop the list.
-
If you could change one thing about Kentucky High School Football what would it be?
First two things that came to mind when I just saw this topic before I clicked on it to see what you said was your number 1 and 2. RPI just seems lazily put together and I would think almost everyone could agree that it is not accurate or fair in a lot of cases. And ever since they went to 6 classes in 2007 I’ve always thought that was a bad idea.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
It’s all about scheduling 5A and 6A schools. In my opinion, the RPI is a very lazy and inaccurate rating system, especially for schools that play out of state teams.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
At this point LCA knows they are probably traveling to Mayfield for a third round game so I don’t think traveling to OCath would be any worse for them. They’re gonna have to travel to play a top notch team in the third round either way even though they are, in my eyes, the best team in the state. On the other hand it has been looking like OCath would have to beat virtually no one on their road to state so if they end up having to host LCA in the third round that is a huge turn of events for them.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
To my knowledge and I could be totally wrong about this, the score of games is not factored in to the RPI. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.