Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Beechwood 27 Covington Catholic 7
I was close on my prediction. I figured it would be a 3 touchdown win for BW even though I guessed 35-14. Don’t know what I was thinking by assuming CCH could score 14 points with no passing game. Nothing against Holtz but he is not the answer at QB. Keep him at LB. It’s been 5 games now. Either bring the sophomore in at QB and give him a chance or make Agee the QB as long as he can throw the ball more than 10 yards. He seems like he is just a running QB too. Someone in that school of 600 boys has got to be able to throw the ball down field with some accuracy and actually hit a wide receiver. The other issue is special teams. CCH is simply bad in that department. Every game we give up a big play. The onside kick disaster in the Lex Cath game killed us there. Dixie had kickoff return for TD. The kickoff return to the 10 yard line in this game after we just scored with like a minute left in the half. Geez people. Not to mention our kicking game is non existent and hurts us in every game this year. The whole night I had to listen to Thom Brenneman talk about the size disparity and how much bigger CCH was over BW but yet we still got pushed around. Still couldn’t stop Cam. It’s just frustrating to see I guess. I can only imagine how frustrated Eviston is right now by not having a offense that can score consistently.
-
Beechwood 27 Covington Catholic 7
- Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Shocking how CCH got no one in that school that can throw a ball more than 5 yards. Do we have no confidence in the passing game? I think we gave up on passing tonight.- Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
CovCath special teams is horrendous.- Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Why is Agee not at QB? Holtz just isn’t getting it done.- Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Beechwood wins easily this year. It does happen from time to time. Beechwood is simply a better team this year. CCH defense could make it closer but Beechwood got too much fire power on offense. CCH offense can’t move the ball consistently especially without a productive passing game. I say 35-14 for the Tigers.- Dixie Heights vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Why does CCH constantly have key players out? Benke, Jones last week, Zion a few games earlier this year. Is it due to injuries or Covid?- Lexington Catholic 34 Covington Catholic 27
I don’t know. Beechwood will destroy us. I think CovCath will be in a dog fight with Dixie, Highlands, and Ryle. We will probably beat Boone County and Cooper. We been pretty spoiled the last 4 years with dominate teams even though l thought last years team was a lot weaker than the previous 3 years teams. I knew coming in this year we would be weaker than last year team, I stated it a few times already on other threads. I predict 5-5 or 6-4 on the year for Colonels. You can’t have 10-0 seasons every year guys. You just got to accept it. Obviously I will still cheer for the Colonels and wish them luck in every game.- Beechwood 49 Somerset 0
Easily the best team. They will beat CovCath by a lot this year.- Lexington Catholic at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I think this game is a toss up. I think it will determine a lot about CCH and if they got what it takes to go all the way. I figured CCH would probably loss to Elder the bigger school and beat Belfry the smaller school. I think LexCath is spot on with CovCath. Calpreps has it 24-22 for CCH and that neutral field score so I will take CCH by a field goal.- BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 8/30
I’m very interested in this weeks game against Lexington Catholic. It will determine a lot about this CCH team. I think it’s a toss up.- BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 8/30
I think 1 of the top 3 will definitely win state this year. Here is my take on the usual contenders: FD is about the same as last year. Owensboro looks like they may be better than last year. South Warren looks to be slightly better than last year. Cov Cath will be weaker than last year’s team. Highlands obviously looks better than last year. Bowling Green is obviously weaker than last year. Scott County is weaker than last year. My early prediction is South Warren wins state. What???? Way too early to predict that. Of course that depends on injuries to key players and the whole Covid stuff.- Covington Catholic 42 Belfry 13
Next week should be another exciting game against Lexington Catholic. LexCath beat Pulaski County last night and Pukaski County beat Belfry 55-13 in week 1. The last 2 meetings against LexCath have been decided by a point. I still think we need a ton of work on offense. We got a lot breaks last night from turnovers. I think Belfry had 4 turnovers. A few of those put us in good field position. The defense did a solid job. Not everyday you deal with a triple option type of offense. Congrats on the win. The schedule doesn’t get any easier.- Troy Howell Top 30 Countdown
Still no love for CovCath? This Troy guy must know something that I don’t know. I guess CovCath is going 5-5 this year and losing 2nd round of playoffs.- Trinity at Moeller (OH) Predictions/Updates - Trinity Forfeits
Trinity by a few touchdowns.- BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 8/23
Looks good but I would flip flop Cov cath and Highlands. Highlands had a quality win. CovCath played a tougher opponent but also looked flat on offense. We will see what things look like after a few more games. Hard to judge after week 1.- Covington Catholic at Belfry Predictions/Updates
I remember that 1993 game against Leslie County. Tim Couch their big QB, no one gave CCH a chance against him and CovCath wins the game 33-6 . Good times.- Highlands vs. Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates
Birds win easily. I watched the CovCath/Simon Kenton scrimmage a few weeks ago. SK didn’t look good at all.- Covington Catholic at Belfry Predictions/Updates
I’m very curious to see how Cov Cath responds. Lot of things to work on and fix especially the offense which had trouble moving the ball. Need better blocking from our O-line and create some holes. Too much east/west running, not enough north running. Holtz had a few good passes, just needs more time to throw and our center to quit snapping the ball over his head. I think Reed Hummel will be good at RB, he had some good runs/jukes against Elder. CCH front seven on defense will be good and will be the difference in this game against Belfry. I like how they made the necessary adjustments at halftime and held Elder to 7 points in the 2nd half. Need a little work in the secondary, hopefully Zion Mason gets to play this week. Don’t know much about Belfry but CCH should win this game easily. I think Belfry will struggle to score points against our defense. Also think coach Eviston will light a fire under the offense and get them to score some points this week. I wouldn’t of liked practices this week after last week performance. CCH 39-7 We miss 3 extra points because our kicking game is scary. ?- Elder (OH) 28 Covington Catholic 6
I agree. I didn’t think Elder was anything special. They could methodically move the ball but I thought our defense did ok. How many 4th and 1 were there? We just couldn’t stop them on the 4th down. Them 2 big screen plays killed us where they ran for 99 yards and the other long play were he got hit out of bounds at the 4 yard line. That was really frustrating. There QB was not a deep threat but them damm screen plays killed us. CCH secondary is the weak point on defense.- Covington Catholic at Elder (OH) Predictions/Updates
Frustrating so far- Coaches are upset about Covid forfeit rule
Finally. Someone that actually knows what their talking about on this subject matter. I applaud you.- Covington Catholic at Elder (OH) Predictions/Updates
That was first year for coach Eviston at CCH. The program was in transition that year. Eviston has built a nice program now so don’t count them out. It will be closer than what some are saying on this message board.- Coaches are upset about Covid forfeit rule
You all are giving me a headache. Lol.- BluegrassPreps Class 5A Pre-Season Football Rankings
I never understood the pre-season rankings. No one knows how their team will do until some hitting occurs in a real live game. I say wait until after week 3 to start doing rankings. You will have a good idea then. - Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates