Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 57 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      66%
    • Lexington Catholic
      33%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/03/2021 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Under Coach Eddie Eviston, the Colonels are 3-2 against Lexington Catholic. This will make the third time that Cov Cath and Lex Cath have faced off during Coach Nigel Smith's tenure, and with the previous two contests being decided by one point each, that makes this Friday's game all the more interesting when the Knights head to Park Hills for the second time ever.

Kickoff is currently set for 7:00pm, pending any weather changes.

  • Replies 224
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Welcome to BGP @ColonelGator!

  • 1. This is a very loseable game, so we better come ready to play. I'm expecting a close game throughout, but think we pull it out because I'm a homer.  2. Is the QB from Lex Cath back from last y

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Yes they do. It's $35 for the season pass this year: https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can The season pass covers all the home football games for the varsity, JV and freshman football teams.

Posted Images

Is CovCath going to have their season pass for video of their home games this year?

  • Author
18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is CovCath going to have their season pass for video of their home games this year?

Yes they do. It's $35 for the season pass this year: https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can

The season pass covers all the home football games for the varsity, JV and freshman football teams.

This is intriguing matchup. I'll take Cov Cath because of their defense.

I looked up Lexington Catholic's schedule and was WOWed. They are playing possibly 4 state champion contenders (Pulaski, Cov Cath, Boyle Co and LCA) not to mentioned a tough 6A PRP and Ryle. No rest for the weary for those boys on Clays Mill. 

How does the winning team pull it off.  Short into the season, what are the strategies, personnel that makes the difference??

I feel neither team has come close to hitting their stride .I also think they`re pretty even teams . So maybe a turnover late or a break here or there could determine the outcome. The Colonels by 3.

Last week Belfry provided the Colonels with a lot of short fields to work with that turned into scores. I dont think that will be the case with a disciplined Lex Cath team coming into Park Hills this Friday.

That being said, this Cov Cath offense is still in development. Adam needs to throw more and establish a rhythm. A steady dose of Hummel and Collins will do a lot of damage to every team in NKY, and I think this week as well.

The defense, while giving up some huge plays against Elder and bending a bit early in the game against Belfry, is still extremely stout and reliable. 

I believe a return to Dennis Griffin is exactly what the Colonels need.  

Colonels 26 - Lex Cath 21

I think this game is a toss up. I think it will determine a lot about CCH and if they got what it takes to go all the way. I figured CCH would probably loss to Elder the bigger school and beat Belfry the smaller school. I think LexCath is spot on with CovCath.

Calpreps has it 24-22 for CCH and that neutral field score so I will take CCH by a field goal.

  • Author
1 hour ago, ColonelGator said:

Last week Belfry provided the Colonels with a lot of short fields to work with that turned into scores. I dont think that will be the case with a disciplined Lex Cath team coming into Park Hills this Friday.

That being said, this Cov Cath offense is still in development. Adam needs to throw more and establish a rhythm. A steady dose of Hummel and Collins will do a lot of damage to every team in NKY, and I think this week as well.

The defense, while giving up some huge plays against Elder and bending a bit early in the game against Belfry, is still extremely stout and reliable. 

I believe a return to Dennis Griffin is exactly what the Colonels need.  

Colonels 26 - Lex Cath 21

Welcome to BGP @ColonelGator!

 

1. This is a very loseable game, so we better come ready to play. I'm expecting a close game throughout, but think we pull it out because I'm a homer. 

2. Is the QB from Lex Cath back from last year? If I remember correctly, he should be a pretty nice player for them this year if he is.  

3. Like some of the posters mentioned above, I feel really solid defensively. Jones and Sullivan are just 2 big dudes playing inside linebacker for us and it's tough to run between the tackles on those guys. I didn't watch the Belfry game, but loved the way those 2 competed vs Elder. Our secondary is also better this year, so I feel better about limiting LC's passing game. 

4. Offensively, are we going to be able to generate explosive plays? I think a Belfry poster brought up needing to get the ball to Agee in space more and I 100% agree. He's been the best guy with the ball in his hands and we need to feature him. Hopefully Zion is back ready to roll this week because we need him. 

5. Finally, I think it's a revenge game for the offensive staff. One of probably 2 games the last few years I can remember where I thought Eviston got out-coached on this side of the ball (the 18 State Final being the other). LC played more man coverage in the game last year than any HS team I can remember and we didn't really run any man beaters and we had worse athletes outside. Tough to throw the ball when that's the case. Are we going to do that this Friday? If not, it's up to Zion and Agee to win on the outside, which they are more than capable of. 

23 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

 

1. This is a very loseable game, so we better come ready to play. I'm expecting a close game throughout, but think we pull it out because I'm a homer. 

2. Is the QB from Lex Cath back from last year? If I remember correctly, he should be a pretty nice player for them this year if he is.  

3. Like some of the posters mentioned above, I feel really solid defensively. Jones and Sullivan are just 2 big dudes playing inside linebacker for us and it's tough to run between the tackles on those guys. I didn't watch the Belfry game, but loved the way those 2 competed vs Elder. Our secondary is also better this year, so I feel better about limiting LC's passing game. 

4. Offensively, are we going to be able to generate explosive plays? I think a Belfry poster brought up needing to get the ball to Agee in space more and I 100% agree. He's been the best guy with the ball in his hands and we need to feature him. Hopefully Zion is back ready to roll this week because we need him. 

5. Finally, I think it's a revenge game for the offensive staff. One of probably 2 games the last few years I can remember where I thought Eviston got out-coached on this side of the ball (the 18 State Final being the other). LC played more man coverage in the game last year than any HS team I can remember and we didn't really run any man beaters and we had worse athletes outside. Tough to throw the ball when that's the case. Are we going to do that this Friday? If not, it's up to Zion and Agee to win on the outside, which they are more than capable of. 

QB for LC is back this season. The only thing I can say about LC is that they know how to win close games. 24-21 Ryle with a late defensive stop as Ryle was going in. 38-36 vs Pulaski Co after PC scored and pulled ahead 36-35, but PC left too much time on the clock and drove for a game winning 47 yard FG w/4 sec left.

Is Zion going to play?  He missed Elder and his presence helps the defense and can stretch the opposing defense.  
 

2 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

Is Zion going to play?  He missed Elder and his presence helps the defense and can stretch the opposing defense.  
 

I've heard that Zion is playing.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.