Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
Geez people. They won’t sell out. They will take cash. I plan on going and will buy my ticket on the spot and I’m not worried at all about not getting in. CCH will let as many people in that will pay. More money for school. Go Colonels.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
First game!!!!!! What??? You missed some good cult classics through out the years. Best rivalry years being in the 90s .
-
What's the most famous (or infamous) Highlands vs. Cov Cath game?
Wow!!!!!! Just spent the last hour watching this game since the NFL Thursday night game sucks. It’s been probably 15 years since I have seen this. I remember going to school at EKU at the time and found out by someone back home that Highlands was blowing us out in the first half ( forgot it was a 22 point deficit) so I figured it was another loss to Highlands in the regional final game. Then I wake up the next day and find out CCH won. I couldn’t believe it. It was awesome. I remember going to the championship game in Louisville with a girl I was friends with from EKU who’s family lived in Louisville. I remember spending the night at her parents place with her so we could go to the game the next day. The good ole days of college life. Good memories.
-
What's the most famous (or infamous) Highlands vs. Cov Cath game?
Nope.
-
Past KY Teams that NOBODY this year could beat
I think the 2017 Covcath team. They destroyed everyone that year. Great high powered offense. AJ Mayer at QB. Maybe the 2019 Covcath team as well. Michael Mayer playing both ways and doing whatever he wanted to do. Man amongst boys. The 2017 team had a better offense and I believe they were better than the 2019 team.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
I guess it all depends if all them injured players for CCH suit up. If they were able to rest up during the bye week and play in this weeks game then I think CCH wins by a few touchdowns.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/3)
I agree with your thought process.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/3)
CovCath could have their hands full next week with Highlands. The Birds offense been scoring lots of points as of late. Hopefully CCH can keep the win streak alive against them. What’s it been? 10 in a row over HHS. Anything can happen in a rivalry game.
-
Beechwood vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
Dixie is horrible. Beechwood by many touchdowns.
-
Saint Xavier vs. Ryle Predictions/Updates
Running clock at some point in 2nd quarter for St X .
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/19)
Hmmmmm, Covcath should be #2 after their win over BW. They got a good SOS and look to be improving each week. Calpreps got them #2 in 5A as well. CCH should be able to win out if they stay healthy and be 9-1 at end of the season.
-
Covington Catholic at Cooper Predictions/Updates
CCH 35-14
-
Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
They should probably not kick to him again.
-
Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
I think BW wins it 21-7. I'm still not completely sold on our defense and think the Berger kid will do some damage. Whoever starts at QB for the CCH will struggle against BW defense. CCH did struggle against a 1A team, barely beat a 4A team, beat a Dixie team who are terrible and got destroyed by Elder. CCH is kind of a decieving team. I really don't know what to think of them based on their competition so far. I think BW will be a true test for the CCH team. If CCH wins, then that might just make more 5A teams be on full alert. I feel like all the talk in 5A is for Freddy D and SW. I hope my Colonels win but I just think BW got the better team this year.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 6A Football Rankings (9/12)
I say Elder beats St. X this week. Elder barely lost to the #1 Ohio school and I watched them destroy Covcath in the first week of the year.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/12)
Calpreps got BW winning 19-17 on a neutral field but has CCH ranked higher by 2. CCH at #9 and BW #11. Interesting.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/12)
If Covcath beats Beechwood this week, how high does CCH go in the rankings?
-
Covington Catholic 7 Lexington Catholic 6
I guess that's why CCH keeps scheduling them every year. Pretty evenly matched
-
Covington Catholic 7 Lexington Catholic 6
I believe the last 3 out of 4 meetings between these schools have been decided by 1 point.
-
Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 (Pike County Bowl)
It states 503 students for the 21/22 school year on their webpage. Seems like it was always around 600 students for many years. That is low.
-
Southwestern at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates (9/3)
Southwestern 35-21
-
Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 (Pike County Bowl)
Hmmmmm, that Howell Top 30 had Pikeville at #13. Next week we got #27 LexCath. CovCath usually struggles against them but I think LexCath is not as good as last year's team so it may be a toss up on who wins. Not convinced on Covcath yet but my expectations were not too high on the Colonels but prove me wrong.
-
Covington Catholic at Pikeville Predictions/Updates (8/27)
Covcath should win. They were showing some signs of life in the 2nd half against Elder even though it was probably Elder's 2nd string. I hope they go with Pitzer at QB. He looked better than the one that started the game. Covcath defense needs to get a lot better especially secondary. I thought that was going to be their strength this year based on all the threads I read before season started. Not very impressive so far in the scrimmage against SK or last week's game. If we lose to Pikeville then I can easily see a 4-6 or 5-5 year for the Colonels.
-
Elder (OH) at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I agree.Covcath not looking good. Oh well, I expected this. CCH looks small. Is there another Mayer kid coming thru the system soon. .
-
Howell Rankings Countdown 2022
Too high. I say they should be ranked around the 15-20 range. They have no QB which is a huge thing to be ranked that high. They still will be one of the better teams in NKY if not the best.