Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Boyle County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
Too many missed tackles for CCH. Got to clean that up.
-
Cooper 17 Highlands 15
That’s cool. I picked Cooper in this one. I had a feeling they were legit and would redeem themselves.
-
Cooper 17 Highlands 15
Congrats Cooper. Is this the first time in the State final??
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
We need to take advantage of these turnovers already. That last series was devastating, interception to the 5 yard line and no points. That’s the third red zone we had with no points. Got to covert points on this PT team. Their dangerous on offense.
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Yep. I think EE is going to heavy on the QB runs already.
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I don’t think either team or coach is underestimating the other team. They both know it will be a battle. Their both 13-0 for a reason.
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
This game scares me with the Paducah passing attack. I think the weakest part of CCH defense is the secondary. We gave up some big pass plays to Ashland the week before. Against better competition this year, CCH usually gives up more than 20 points per game (Ryle, Highlands, Dixie, Beechwood, Ashland) , The 2nd half of regular season we played weak teams so that obviously helped lower the points per game average given up by our defense. This game looks to be a shootout. Probably like a 49-42 game. I hope CCH can find a way to win. I think the turnover battle will be key. Just don’t turn it over and let the other teams high powered offense be on the field. I’m hoping the long drive up here from Paducah wears them out mentally and physically.
-
Covington Catholic 31 Johnson Central 0
When’s the last time we played Paducah? The 1988 championship game? I feel like it’s been forever.
-
Covington Catholic 31 Johnson Central 0
So who does CCH play next? Franklin Co, Paducah, or Boyle
-
2A RPI Quarterfinal Matchups
Really!!! Still no love for Beechwood who wins state every year. They are a great team and probably will win state again this year.
-
Covington Catholic at Mason County Predictions/Updates
Good picture on the broadcast but they need to zoom in. Hard to see where the ball is.
-
If you could change one thing about Kentucky High School Football what would it be?
That's what I was thinking, Greenup County was 0-10 in the first round of 1992 playoff.
-
Highlands at Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
Here comes another shoot out.
-
Covington Catholic 35 Beechwood 31
Here we go, let me hear it. So I let my frustration get the best of me with the pour execution in the first 8 minutes of the game. Obviously shouldn’t have posted the crap I said. I think everyone in mankind has said dumb things while watching a sporting event or their team not executing. For example, I had to listen to all them Bengal fans last weekend quickly turn on the team and say dumb things when things aren’t going their way. It happens. We’re human.
-
Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
This game is over. CCH is simply not prepared for this game. Sad to see.
-
Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Good lord, did CCH prepare for Beechwood this week or not? Beechwood not scared, CCH looks confused
-
Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Since the Yeagle era and starting back up the series in 2003, it looks like Beechwood wins 1 out of every 5 or 6 years. So since they won 2 years ago with their 5th year QB they are not yet ready to win another one from CCH. Good logic, right??? CCH 42-24
-
Is Highlands' Coach Sphire in a do or die situation?
Have a little faith people. Highlands will be just fine this year. 5A don’t have any superior teams in it this year so Highlands has a legit shot of winning the 5A championship. This is coming from a CovCath guy. I wish CCH was in 5A still, they might have a better shot at winning it compared to being in 4A with Boyle who is superior.
-
Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
I have to agree with The Oracle in the other thread, why don’t CCH target Willie more often. He is tall, big, and physical and makes it look easy but we throw to him only a few times a game. I don’t know his true stats on the year but he has 5 TDs on probably 10 receptions. CCH was getting into that QB draw a lot in the 2nd half again. The whole time I’m thinking, just throw the ball to Willie, he will catch and run over someone to score. And sure enough that’s what he did on the final score last night.
-
Covington Catholic 31 Dixie Heights 24
Dixie is the best 1-3 team out there. Good Lord, what a game. I much rather watch a game like this compared to last weeks blow out win over SK.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Mr. Football Watchlist (9/5)
I think Evan Pitzer could easily throw 40+ TDs this year with the easy remaining schedule CovCath has. He has so many weapons to throw to which is usually 6 or more receivers per game. The only thing they will hurt him is CovCath likes to be a balanced attack on offense so that will hurt his passing yards as well as TD passes this year. As for Willie Rodriguez, he is a beast. He could easily catch lots of balls for many yards per game and have 15 TDs on the year but he won’t just because again CCH likes to spread the ball around which is fine by me. Personally I think he likes blocking people as a tight end more and pancaking them to the ground. Always fun to watch. Especially when he drove that Highlands player to the ground on that block and he got up and hit Willie in the helmet out of frustration.
-
Dixie Heights at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Blue Colonels 49-14
-
Bowling Green vs. Bryan Station at LCA (9/2) Prediction/Updates
That was dumb. Why not kick a field goal? It be like a extra point at that distance
-
Ryle at Highlands Predictions/Updates
This will be a toss up. Game of the week. Two equally matched teams. I was surprised by the Ryle win over Cooper. It should be high scoring affair. I will take Highlands at home 42-38.
-
Covington Catholic 50 Simon Kenton 12
Pitzer was the player of the game in this one. He threw many thrown balls on a dime tonight to many different receivers. He looked so poised in the pocket, the pass protection was great tonight. Good work Oline. Pitzer getting better and more confident each week.