Everything posted by BigTiger55
-
Caldwell County 19 Christian County 14
Caldwell County scored on a punt return, questionable blind side block. A Td pass, that was tipped twice by County defenders, (after a questionable targeting call against Christian County). And a kickoff return (Christian County revived an illegal participation penalty). Christian County out gained Caldwell to the tune of 353 yds to 106 yds. This is with 3 touchdowns being called back. I’m not one to blame a game on officiating, but when you throw a flag for unnecessary roughness because you determined that a player “overly aggressively blocked” the defender then it leaves something to question. Happy for the Tiger players and community. Sad that officiating tarnished what otherwise was a highly competitive game.
- Preseason 4A Rankings
-
Christian County - 2019 Schedule
Tough schedule for a 4-7 team. Ouch!!
-
Bowling Green/Trinity to Renew Season Series
I think it’s because BG is an independent school and the rise of South Warren is hurting BG getting some of those studs. Exposure carries some weight with today’s youth.
-
2019 Class 6A Teams - Kentucky High School Football
So schools get to choose what district to play in?
-
2019 Class 6A Teams - Kentucky High School Football
I apologize if this question has already been answered. But, how is Oldham County not in District 5?
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #5 Bowling Green vs. Christian County
BG should win. Won’t be a running clock unless Christian County turns the ball over for scores. Christian County Defense is too stout to have a running clock put on them.
-
Western Kentucky Power Rankings - September 30, 2018
Talented WR Ellis Dunn has been playing QB for Hopkinsville.
-
Western Kentucky Power Rankings - September 30, 2018
Great work purple 88! Just a quick note from my perception about the CC Owensboro game. Owensboro’s staff did a great job as the second 2 Td’s they scored where a result of blown coverages by CC. As for the 21 pts left on the field...I beg to differ. Two where forced turnovers in the red zone by the county defense. A sack fumble and a strip of the WR. Now the high snap that led to a punt, I give the devils. I believe the score was 28-13 devils going into the 4th qtr before Owensboro added two more scores. I came away very impressed with the devil Defense. That d-line is for real, and Warren is as good as advertised. Very special talent.
-
Christian County 16 Hopkinsville 7
Christian County didn’t seem to be threatened whatsoever in this gsme. Hoptown had -7 yds rushing in the first half with Bland on the field. Take away the remarkable catch by Ellis Dunn in the 1st qtr and I’m not sure they score at all. Hoptown never seemed to be able to get in a rhythm and when Bland went down it was over. I think the story that is getting lost in all this is, that after graduating all those seniors, this Colonel Defense is for real.
- 4A #5 Hopkinsville vs. 5A Christian County
- 4A #5 Hopkinsville vs. 5A Christian County
-
Western Kentucky Power Rankings - August 27, 2018
Great job, P88! Just a quick note on the Rossview Christian County game. Per Max Preps Rossview won this game despite only having 130yds total offense. 5 turnovers by the Colonels seemed to be the determining factor.
-
2A #1 Mayfield vs. 4A #5 Hopkinsville
I wouldn’t consider Caldwell county, Christian County, Paducah Tillman, Madisonville, or Logan County soft. IMO
-
Christian County 11 Caldwell County 6
Caldwell missed extra point. Christian had one score and forced Caldwell into two safety’s.
-
Christian County 2018
Langhi’s to prep school. Ouch! Top returning WR best returning O-Lineman have all transferred.
-
McCracken County 7on7 Tournament 7/13 and 1/14
If I could like this post a thousand times I would! Purple88 you are right again! Call me selfish but I was looking forward to seeing some of our wky teams in action. Feel like I got catfished
-
Hopkinsville 2018
I would agree! I think this team is going to be extremely good barring any major injuries. That McKracken County tournament this weekend is going to be a good one with a bunch of WKY schools attending.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 5A
You are correct on the departures. Ellis Dunn is the returning WR I was referring to, Jaquan lined up a lot at TE, but actually was the teams leader in catches. The return of Antonio Abren at LB should help relieve the departure of Cory Trice, kid led the team in tackles as a Soph. Jadonivan McNeal returns as the leading Rusher, behind an Offensive line that will have tons of experience, which I believe will offset the Departure of Kolby Langhi (UK). I think this years team already knows it’s identity and I’m putting a lot of stock in the return of coach John Adams who was the OC for the Colonels last two state appearances. It’s very possible that this team could possibly start twenty seniors. Albeit I could be totally wrong for my optimism.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 4A
I just really like how much Hoptown improved. And they get back do it all RB Dillard. Look for QB Bland’s year two in Clayton’s system to be tough to handle. I’d give them the edge over Logan.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 5A
You may be correct. However Christian County has over 20 seniors, getting back key players lost to injury, entire online returns (the addition of John Adams as OC should help them), top rusher returns, top Wr returns...Wouldn’t be surprised if this team is better than last yrs.
-
Dead Period...should it expand or end?
But punish the kids that don’t want to? Why not make the dead period optional? Maybe have a dead period during the winter also and allow schools to choose when to schedule a dead period.
-
Dead Period...should it expand or end?
But the kids hate the dead period. At least the ones I know.
-
Open Job: Shawnee
Heck TJ isn’t much of a feeder for Male either. The little league football is still the predominant feeder program for the schools and they are usually based off of the area, even then kids get shopped around to the better teams. The lower tier schools in Jefferson County are at such a disadvantage. The quality of their facilities vs those of the better schools is appalling, and unfair imo.
-
Todd County hires Darrell Keith
Also was the middle school head coach at CCMS before moving up to the High School. You can expect Todd to be a very disciplined tough team while he is there. Great hire and good luck Coach Keith.