Everything posted by Greendevil72
-
Campbell County's New Stadium
Will the new stadium have a name, i.e. "Bob Miller Stadium".
-
A terrible way to lose a game.
This exact play happened at a game I was "attending" at Ludlow vs. South Kenton, jr. division of the NKYFL maybe 6-8 years ago. Craziest thing that I've ever seen on a field. Coach for SK ran out onto the field and yelled "what happened?" I said "you lost." He said "kid made a great play" turned and walked away. I always enjoyed working for him.
-
Dixie vs Campbell County (Frosh) 8/30
Final Score Dixie 13 Campbell County 0
-
You write the funny caption 9
"The new jumbotron was a hit with everyone in attendance"
-
You write the funny caption
PRICELESS!!!!!!! THANKS GURU
-
Walton Verona/Bellevue Predictions
Don't forget, Walton-Verona is a 2A school this year
-
Camels Coach Styer Stepping Down
CCFC: Your avatar is the same picture that is on the field house at the stadium. Please tell me what it is or supposed to be. KCumbria: I believe that at Campbell County, the AD is prohibited from being a head coach. To Troy Styer, (and staff) thank you for all you have done when it seemed like no one wanted to do anything. GD72
-
Deaton Resigns as Dayton Head coach
Jerry Cline
-
What has happened to Dayton?
In the words of the late and great Ed McMahon; "you are correct sir". GD72
-
What has happened to Dayton?
But NKY needs him to keep wearing the zebra shirt. I second, third, fourth and fifth that motion. GD72
-
Trimble County 40 Bracken County 0
Please extend to Chelsea our best wishes and deepest apologies, She did a remarkable job under adverse conditions. GD72
-
NKYFL H.O.F. Banquet
Please let me echo your comments about Jason. I had the pleasure of being on the coaching staff when the Dayton team won the 92 Super Bowl in the Senior Division with Jason at the tailback spot. The offense we ran that year was the brainchild of Paul Hundemer, another inductee from Dayton. Jason won't be able to attend the ceremony as he is in Washington D.C. to attend a wedding. Congrats to all inductees and THANK YOU for what you do. GD72
-
Was there any type of official practice cancellation today and yesterday?
This scrimmage is now going to be at Highlands field, 9am, 8/11
-
Thoughts & prayers for ump/ref Terry Bond
It breaks my heart to hear this about Terry. I started officiating football in 1994 and Terry was my first white hat on the JV/Frosh level. He always had time to answer questions and never made anyone feel like they weren't welcomed on the field. Listening to Terry tell stories of games he had worked in the past gave me great insight to what I could expect to see in the future. In 96 or 97, I filled in for a game with Terry's varsity crew at Owen County. It rained almost the entire time and the final score was 62-0. (Owen won, but I can't remember who they played.) Terry never lost his focus on his duties, all the while, training and encouraging me. In the locker room after the game, before he got out of his wet uniform, he spent several minutes with me reviewing what we just saw and how we reacted to it. It's because of people like Terry Bond that I'm still an official today. Thank you Terry. GD72
-
I don't know which one of these guys scares me more?
I wouldn't be surprised to see these same two guys in the same position on Nov. 30th at Papa John's. Greendevil 72:dancingpa
-
NKY Professional Athletes
It looks like this thread has just about run its course, and I know this doesn't fit the original criteria, but I couldn't resist it. He graduated from Martinsville(Ind,) High School in 1928 and his first ever head coaching position was at Dayton (Ky) High School from 1932-1934, the "Wizard of Westwood" John Wooden. Greendevil 72