Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

daytonfan68

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by daytonfan68

  1. As posted above, Seth Chinn is a solid returning junior. Can play qb/ or rb. Xavier Hundermer is another returning junior back who had a solid year last year. They have several seniors that have been starters since their freshman years, including Carl Matthews who will, barring injury set a school record for tackles. He will also help open holes as fullback for Seth and Xavier. Buddy Lukens and Derek Norman, both senior, provide good size and experience on the O and D lines. I have heard of a possible transfer, as well as few new kids playing this year, that should be able to help, but I won't hold my breath.Also, about 15-20 kids have been in the weight room all off season, working hard. That makes about 80 percent of the team, which will hopefully be about 27-8 kids. As usual, however, numbers is a killer for Dayton. By the end of last season, they were dressing about 15. Lack of overall speed also hurts tremendously. But who knows?
  2. spring practice for many 1A schools is difficult when the majority of the team is either running track or playing baseball. At least that's the case at the 2 1A schools in my neck of the woods.
  3. She still has several school records for track.
  4. Dayton should have 2 very solid senior tackles. Derrick Norman 6'0 290 and Buddy Lukens, 6'7 270. Derrick has been crushing it in the weight room this winter, and Lukens should benefit from playing basketball, and throwing the discus.
  5. Ludlow at Dayton. Big game for the Devils.
  6. Congrats to the Devils. 23 for villa impressed. Love the effort from daytons guards, 11,14, 5 and 2 off the bench.
  7. Cecil? What is the significance of who the refs were?
  8. Not sure who the officials were. I thought they were ok for the most part, probably missed a couple calls both ways. There were no punches thrown. It was just a physical game, both teams played hard and there were multiple times where multiple players went to floor for loose balls and got tangled up. This led to at least one of the technicals. As far as afterwards, again I didn't see at as that big of deal. We Dayton fans just wanted to wait for our players (and children) to leave the locker room to congratulate them. The powers that be apparently felt it would be best for the gym to cleared and people wait outside. I only saw one kid who seemed itching for a fight, and it wasn't mine.
  9. Actually there were 4. 3 on the players one on the Bellevue coach. It appeared mostly due to gum flapping and some pushing. Their big guy really lost his cool at the end of the game. This is the first time they have lost to a Dayton team in quite awhile. I'm sure that stings a little.
  10. Great road win for Coach Rogg and his players. It was great game. Dayton had a 10 point lead mid way through the fourth, but Bellevue tied it up later in the quarter. Don't have the stats in front of me, but Bright, and McDaniel probably had about 15 each for Dayton. Bellevue didnt help themselves with ice cold shooting and 3 technical fouls. It got a bit chippy, which is to be expected, I suppose.
  11. And I think Mallory Kubala will have something to say back.
  12. I may regret saying this later, but I don't think they have any trouble with Bellevue this year.
  13. Good one. I don't think we know how to run up the score.
  14. Lady Devils almost let a big lead slip away but hold on to go 3-0 on the season. Ludlow wins JV and Frosh games.
  15. At the risk of falling prey to a potential EDITED post I will reply. Actually, Dayton does have some talent, a nice PG, a couple nice shooting guards, and 2/3 combo guy who is forced to play inside mostly. But as previously stated, they lack depth and size. There tallest player, about 6 5 or 6, is a pure project, having not played basketball since grade school. They have alot of winnable games on the schedule. Against NC, they actually had a chance to get it under 20 at half, but turned it over and gave up a 3 near the buzzer. Not that the ever really had a chance, but it would have been nice to have been a little closer.
  16. I agree clyde. Although I admit to an irrational dislike of NCC, I will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
  17. New Cath certainly didnt let up at any point in the game, at least as far as their press is concerned. I'm not sure if they were trying to further humiliate Dayton or just simply "practicing". I will assume the latter. It was stifling, especially after Dayton's starting PG went out early. Dayton actually has a few really good players, but no size and no depth. Hard for me to judge how good New Cath is, although the big kid had a couple of nasty dunks.
  18. What the guy above me said. Beechwood should have no trouble. That being said, HC has some good skill guys and should be able to move the ball. Hopefully for the beechwood fan's sake, their defense will post a shutout. That cannon is a pain. Heard it early and often a couple weeks ago.
  19. Beechwood doesn't suck. Very proud of big #70(son) and his teamates for playing hard tonight. We suited 15 with a bunch of youngens. Actually got a few first downs. Next year.
  20. Spell check. Sorry mustang fans.
  21. Got to love Broussart. It looked like blowout early, but they persevered and now seem to have the upper hand.
  22. I just re read by initial post and it makes no sense at all and contributes nothing. Is there a way to delete posts here?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.