Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. I don't know the official numbers but I remember Bryant Pirtle (DeSales - 2015) had a ridiculous amount in his Junior and Senior seasons. I believe he was the state leader the past two years and may have been recognized as the record holder for a one season total (in his Junior year). Just not sure where to find the official totals. Committed to the Hilltoppers last year but on his way to East Mississippi CC next season.
  2. they're paying him to win football games. That's something he does very well. Similar situation as Petrino and Pitino at Louisville. Coaches can be sleazy and still do their job well. Win football games? Is that all he is paid to do when coaching high school kids? And, I've never seen Petrino or Pitino headbutt a player like a psycho in the middle of a game. Put a finger in the face, talk about his momma, grab him by the jersey or facemask. But causing harm to yourself and drawing blood is flat out stupid...even worse, someone getting the whole thing on video and all of us discussing the good or bad.
  3. Nomination is pretty simple on the website. In the event any of the Shamrock players wanted to play, I'm confident Coach Beatty would have completed the on line nomination and pulled all the strings for his kids. But, if anyone is under the impression that Beatty is sitting around trying to fill out nominations for all his kids wanting to play in post season all star games, you are strongly mistaken. Coach Beatty had 31 seniors this year and half of them could have played in the Best of Bluegrass or East/West Louisville all star game - or even the KY vs TN game. This is just my personal opinion...but the kid/player HAS to step up and tell Coach Beatty "I would like to play - will you please nominate me" - I assure you the answer would be 100% YES. The guy will do anything his kids want if they just ask. I speak from personal experience and appreciate everything he has done...especially for my own. Hard to ask a guy to devote 80 hours per week to school and coaching, put your kids in position to compete with teams from all over the region (and more times than not win the state championship) - and then fill out all star nominations for 30 seniors. Hope that helps a little with the no Trinity guys in the game discussion. Just speaking from personal experience.
  4. And it will always be that way. Same for me - miss making that trip up to Ft Thomas. Again, should have known better after reading and then responding.
  5. Sorry I took the bait guys! Both great programs. tdy is correct...on and off the field. My bad 75center!
  6. Must be upset over the 50-0 beat down in all the recent scrimmage games the Rocks put on the Bluebirds. Freshman game was pretty funny this year as well. Lot of COACHING UP when the Rocks put the running clock on the Bluebirds in the Freshman game (37-7).
  7. Not impressed. Top notch guy considering what he did to his 'real' family/wife back in Bama. I'm thankful ESPN exposed this guy on Outside the Lines. Plenty of Coaches capable of the same accomplishments considering the talent on his teams at GA and AL stops. Plenty of guys that won't act like this on the sidelines. Looks like an idiot with blood running down his face in front of his kids. In this day and age, I bet many of the kids were laughing at him behind his back. I don't care how many games you win, big difference between motivating kids and acting out like this during a game (like a little child). Even better, dare you to act like that with a grown man in your face - big shot.
  8. I did it for you Watusi. Been a pleasure reading and learning about the different programs over the past year. Can't wait to see some of them up close and personal now that mine has graduated and I won't have much to do on Friday nights.
  9. I know the following has been discussed in the past but worthy of mentioning one more time... At the time we are starting to give credit or points for this poll (1959) - Highlands already had 157 years in existence as a school / 103 years in existence for Louisville Male / and 95 years in existence for St Xavier. Trinity was only around for 6 years at the start of this poll. I know we are using the same sample size to reward points but you have to admit - a school as powerful as Highlands, Male and X - open for a hundred years or more with a longer line of tradition or foundation, an outsider would be very surprised to see Trinity so high in this poll compared to the other schools. No matter who you cheer for - you have to admit what the Shamrocks have accomplished is more than impressive. Especially in the short amount of time the doors have been opened compared to other traditional powers. Even better, I still believe the school continues to evolve academically and in the sports arena (new weight facility, basketball state championship, commitment to baseball, etc.). Really enjoyed this poll!! Congrats to all the schools.
  10. You should be proud! Sounds like a great kid. Especially like the 3.8 GPA - but the career stats are very impressive. To never miss a game also very impressive. Best of luck going to the next level.
  11. Scott is a great guy and the kind of Coach that will put academic success above all. That is exactly what the Manual administrators want and need. He will win his share of games and do a great job of turning boys into men. Scott was a solid player at J-Town back in the 80's and an even better assistant under Steve Bocko. In my opinion, Bocko accomplished so much during his day and he is one of the better coaches in Jefferson County in recent memory (not named Glaser, Lamphley or Redman) - An even better educator! Scott eventually followed Bocko to Butler where he was principal. Great people - care about kids - always going to see development in the kids on and off the field. Homerun for Manual in my opinion. Sure, it will always be an uphill climb with T, X and H - but, as long as Scott can win 6, 7 or 8 each year just like Dr Lucas, the Crimsons will be in great shape. I agree with the majority - get more athletes in the school because Carmony will do great things with them on the field and in the classroom (same can be said about Dr Lucas). Congrats Manual and Coach Carmony.
  12. Male had a 15 year gap in between State Championships and they're part of this discussion? Male is re-building a strong feeder system and the senior class from this year is a great example of doing it the right way. Trust in your system, hire great coaches, get in touch with the youth in your community, etc... My opinion - go back to 4 classes. Would rather see BG in a class with T, Male and X. Same thing with Highlands. Just put all the big boys in 1 class. Heck, I bet the Mayfield guys wouldn't shy away from the challenge of playing with the big 6A teams. And I bet they would do better than most.
  13. I'm sure he is joking. Like we said a few weeks ago, the 6A State championship was the H vs T game three weeks ago. Male is #1 and T is #2 - I guess anyone can argue but I would like to see how a knowledgeable football fan can back it up.
  14. I wouldn't be the guy to compare - I just know Male is loaded with talent at every position. I assure you, the guys from Male gave Landon everything he wanted and more. Foos and Lococo would have been the guys from Trinity going up against Landon and Willis all night. Foos will be a steal for any college - could be a teammate of Landon when everything is said and done. Think he is down to 6 or more options. Lococo is headed to UL as a preferred walk-on. Might see these two battle again down the road.
  15. I'll give some of Male's players credit they are being complimentary and saying they respect his opinion. More the adults being the bad eggs. My opinion, this had been a normal practice for some of the parents. And I stress SOME. I'm not a huge Facebook or Twitter guy, but I'm flat out embarrassed for some of the kids who have parents acting inappropriate on social media. Bottom line, the Male team is full of classy kids - we can't allow the parents to shed a negative light on what the kids and coaches accomplished the past few years (in between the lines). Enjoy it Male. Before you know it, you will be back at work and remember, it is much harder to stay on top versus getting to the top. Senior class set the bar extremely high for future classes.
  16. So all of this is coming down to starting QB when Kash was a Soph? I've enjoyed following this one. More entertaining than the UK game last night!
  17. Rodjay Burns: 44 catches for 744 yds - 14 TD 22 tackles - 4 INT 9 rush - 88 yards - 9.8 avg 1-1 passing - 41 yards - 1 TD 15 punt returns - 193 yards 12.9 avg -1 TD Going to be a lot of fun watching him play for UL. Could see Kash trying to cover him in the flats next year. I stress...he may play both ways for the Cards. I would also be interested in seeing Zachary Smith's overall statistics at WR and punt return. Outside of Burns - I'll throw Z Smith (Male)into the mix. Best player on the best team in all classes...in my opinion.
  18. Good job Dawgs! One more to go.
  19. Vince Lococo (Trinity) Louisville Just comitted as Preferred Walk On according to Jody Demling
  20. Still amazed I'm the only person on this board talking about Rodjay Burns from Trinity. Maybe because he IS a big school 6A guy or going to UL. I'm the first to compliment Kash and Q - I've seen both of them up close and personal at camps, watched the film, etc - both guys are deserving and I put them in my personal top 3 for the award. I would like to add, Kash and Q are top notch outside the football field - fine young men. But I'm going to continue pushing for Burns - you guys from out in the state would really appreciate him if you had a chance to see Trinity play the past 2 years. UL is getting the best 2 way player in the state in my opinion. Pretty special when a D1 college team in the ACC doesn't even know where the kid might play on the next level...may end up playing WR and DB for the Cards. For everyone at Male last week, we all witnessed Rodjay making the catch across the middle at the end of the game (20-19 then the missed PAT)...Rodjay was knocked out cold and still managed to hold on to the ball. I had flashbacks of Terrell Owens making the game winning catch for the 49ers back in the day (before TO was weird). Best of luck to all guys nominated. Burns would get my vote if I had one.
  21. T is 12-1 against Fern Creek. First meeting in 1957 and the last in 2006. Not sure about the exact year FC beat the Rocks but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 1994 (the year T beat Shaun Alexander at State). Rocks lost to Central that year and FC beat X that season. I'm sure one of our T buddies will jump in with the exact year the Tigers got the one victory.
  22. Great coverage by Mr Jackson as usual. Thanks for sharing CardinalsFan!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.