Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. QB Castle Hatcher Somerset WR Cal Lewellyn CAL
  2. Exactly the way I was told the bracket is set up this year. For this group of Seniors at Trinity, if we play at Male in the playoffs, it will be our 6th trip to the Male campus and only hosted the Bulldogs at Trinity 1 time. That is pretty rare. Tough place to play at Male. Natural playing surface with amazing student support. Definitely a home field advantage.
  3. Explain this to me...please. The outcome of this game will not determine anything...right? Sure, we are talking about MAJOR bragging rights for the remainder of the regular season - all of us know for a fact both teams want this one really bad. But, isn't the playoff bracket pre-determined? I was told that Male could finish #1 in the district and Trinity could finish #1 in the other district - Trinity would still travel back over to Male if they played each other again in the playoffs (even if Trinity won the regular season game...or visa versa). Follow me? Some of you guys do an outstanding job of understanding the playoff brackets. Can anyone officially clear it up? Again, I was told the bracket doesn't favor the Rocks. Can't wait for this one! Just trying to understand the big picture at the same time. Appreciate it!
  4. Seriously...anyone have additional thoughts on Male vs Trinity? Can't wait for Friday. Going to be a great game between two very athletic and we'll coached football teams. I'm willing to bet it will be really hard getting into the Male campus around 5:00. Should be a packed house.
  5. I'll take PRP in a close one. Going to say 21-20 in favor of PRP. Hearing a lot of positive chatter about a number of PRP players on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to hosting the Panthers at T next week. Take care of business in this one. Best of luck to both squads...should be a good one.
  6. Way to go Cards! Wish the Trinity Shamrocks still had this one on the schedule. We need a tiebreaker after splitting the past two seasons. Best of luck the rest of the way. Nothing but respect for the Cards and always thankful for a great road experience and hospitality like we experienced last year.
  7. You said CAL would beat Spencer County, PRP and Ballard. How in the world do you know? In regard to following or paying more attention to other fans, I don't care about the other guys. I like DeSales and want the guys in that program to get everything they deserve...so I like to follow DeSales fans. Just wish the comparison to everything that is CAL and DeSales would stop. I appreciate as much as anyone what both programs are doing...we sit back, we watch, we enjoy. But leave the other guys out of it...Spencer is having a great year, PRP is in the mix all the time and Ballard is a respectable program in this city (congrats on the victory).
  8. Have you seen CAL this year??? How about Spencer County and PRP? Every week I try to follow you guys but the first thing I notice is the weekly comparison from one school to the other and trying to compare common opponents. "This team can beat that team and we played them and won by 100 so we know it won't be a game". PRP was in the 6A State championship three years ago. But, CAL can beat them so I guess CAL can play in 6A? Just happy to see PRP taking great pride in the football program and they continue to put a great product on the football, baseball and basketball court/field. I do agree with Fern Creek. Hope to watch them rise over the coming weeks!
  9. 2013 Championship game? Talking about Scott County and Meade County?
  10. And we got a few kids on the team that have some mountain blood. Beatty isn't 'city' folk either. Biggest influence in his life was his Dad...and he worked a farm and drove a truck all his life. Beatty, Cobb, Leslie...and a bunch of guys that like to fish and hunt. Not a bad mix when you consider the mixture of ethnicity and blue collar administrators/teachers. And guess what...they all care a great deal for eachother. Said it before and I'll say it again, they care more about Trinity than personal accomplishments. Excited to see Coach Cobb get some recognition on this platform. Amazing addition to the T staff last year.
  11. Wood and Alstatt are both outstanding players. Fun to watch! Both tackles are better than advertised. Wish both of them the best of luck the rest of the year and going to college. But guess what, we have a BUNCH of talented players on our team as well. Burns officially put his name at the top of the Mr Football list tonight. Both sides of the football and special teams. Amazing performance.
  12. Nothing going on with this discussion all day yesterday or today? How is everyone doing over in Colt Country???? Ready for the big game? Could be a good one. No matter who comes out on top, two quality opponents going to battle - and I'm sure both of them will use this game to help in the overall long run or big picture. Good luck to both teams tonight!
  13. I think it says Dean Wilkes, an offensive lineman from Ohio. Dean Wells was a very successful LB from Louisville Holy Cross - went on to have a great career with Seattle and Carolina. He didn't come along until 1987...pretty sure.
  14. Funny thing, Getslow. I spent a lot of time in both stadiums. My old man played with Coach Schnellenberger at Flaget and UK. Although we spent a lot of time in Commonwealth, our family was forever greatful for what Coach Schnellenberger accomplished at UL. During his run in Miami, my Dad would tell me how bad of a "dude" Coach Schnellenberger was back in the day...if something went down back in the old west end of Louisville, he was the 1st guy you wanted to make sure was on your side. Yes sir - big time pick up when he added Greg and Jeff Brohm to the UL roster. Carwell Gardner is another former Shamrock that went on to star for the Cards. I could go on-and-on...very fortunate to spend so much time with my Dad at football games when I was growing up. I've done the same thing with my kids. I hope they have as many memories. I love stuff like this. Brings back memories. Thanks for posting, C-W-B.
  15. Oh...and I remember watching all of them play in Commonwealth. Time of my life watching the Cats play with my Dad...regardless of the outcome.
  16. Good looking class! Trinity, X, Male and Ballard represented from Louisville. Pulling recruits away from Coach Schnellenberger. If I'm not mistaken, X Coach Bill Glaser was on the UK staff during this time.
  17. Homerun should be in the mix soon! Sorry
  18. Woosley is working out just fine. Completion % improved in game # 2 against Brentwood. Strong performance against Ensworth in his first start, even better in his 2nd start. Managing the offense with no interceptions through the first two games. Showing BIG PLAY ability on 3rd down...dumping passes off to Dalton Jones and Carrico. Homer should be in the mix soon. I see a Woosley to Burns connection in our future. I've been extremely impressed with Woo over the first few games. As I've said before, can't say enough about this O-Line, JReed and Jovon putting in the work at RB picking up big yards when needed.
  19. Anyone have the all time/overall standings in the X vs BG series?
  20. Jovon Smith...yes, he had a handful of hard earned yards. Pretty sure it will be a 2 headed monster most of the season. Combined, the 2 will most likely go for 150 + every week. And I stress...150 at the very least Pretty solid. And both guys are the most unselfish people when you consider the talent level.
  21. Well...the whole poll just lost any sort of credibility if you ask me. If someone voted for an 0-2 team that hasn't scored a TD, they need to be removed from voting consideration in the future. That is a total embarrassment to the state and the teams that really deserve to be recognized. Like a Bill Curry UK team getting Top 25 votes! Ridiculous!!!
  22. Seneca??? How in the world did they get votes. Maybe I'm wrong...I'll have to go back and check it...but not sure they have scored a TD this year.
  23. Easy big guy! I told you last night...it is only Monday/Tuesday. Too bad we can't put the pads on anymore - I would be the first one in line with you big fella. We still have Wed night team dinner and Hooters to enjoy this week. But damn...hurry up Friday. Ready to get this one going right now.
  24. BG vs X the past 4 years... 6-0 in 2014 (BG) 39-25 in 2013 (BG) 38-21 in 2012 (BG) 28-20 in 2011 (BG) BG winning by an average of 11.25 points over the past 4 years. What is the overall standing of this series? Anyone can win? Trinity is 5-0 against the Purples. I know a lot of people hope to get that one back on the schedule. A lot of close games over the years.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.