Name That Year - The Cats' Pause

Good looking class!

Trinity, X, Male and Ballard represented from Louisville. Pulling recruits away from Coach Schnellenberger. If I'm not mistaken, X Coach Bill Glaser was on the UK staff during this time.

Then in 1988, Schnellenberger recruited the eldest of the Brohm brothers and a huge part of Louisville football history was set in motion. I think Cardinal fans are OK with how things turned out for The Pipe here in Louisville.

Funny thing, Getslow. I spent a lot of time in both stadiums. My old man played with Coach Schnellenberger at Flaget and UK. Although we spent a lot of time in Commonwealth, our family was forever greatful for what Coach Schnellenberger accomplished at UL. During his run in Miami, my Dad would tell me how bad of a "dude" Coach Schnellenberger was back in the day...if something went down back in the old west end of Louisville, he was the 1st guy you wanted to make sure was on your side. Yes sir - big time pick up when he added Greg and Jeff Brohm to the UL roster. Carwell Gardner is another former Shamrock that went on to star for the Cards.

I could go on-and-on...very fortunate to spend so much time with my Dad at football games when I was growing up. I've done the same thing with my kids. I hope they have as many memories.

I love stuff like this. Brings back memories. Thanks for posting, C-W-B.