Louisville Area Power Rankings for 9-7-15

Bert

1) Trinity High School (3-0, defeated Lexington Lafayette 70-14) – Some felt Lafayette would give Trinity a decent game, Trinity put that thought away pretty quickly. Next week’s game will be billed as the game of the season state wide and Trinity takes on Male at Male.

2) Male High School (3-0, defeated Fairdale 64-6) – Male’s continues to show its case for being number one over Trinity. Will wait till next week’s game to finally answer that question.

3) St. Xavier High School (2-0, defeated Bowling Green 45-19) – X finally shakes the Purple monkey off its back and gets a convincing win over BG. This game helps X puff its chest out as a member of the Big 3 decisively. Next week Central

4) St. Francis DeSales (3-0, Defeated Ballard 29-6) – Good quality win for DeSales. Proving to be a growing force in Louisville. Next week should be favored against rival Louisville Holy Cross.

5) DuPont Manual High School (3-0, Defeated Seneca 57-0) The Crimsons do the expected and more against the not very good Red Hawks. Next week will pit Manual against a better opponent in Ballard.

6) Pleasure Ridge Park (3-0, Defeated Doss 40-14) The Panthers continue winning and leap frog Ballard and Christian Academy they both lost this past Friday. Next week will be quality opponent John Hardin who will test PRP’s near top 5 ranking.

7) Central (1-2, Defeated Christian Academy 28-21) Really did not like ranking Central 7th being 1-2 but their losses were to quality opponents and they have a quality win versus CAL. Next week is St. X.

8) Ballard (1-2 Defeated by DeSales 29-6) Another case of not liking to rank someone 1-2 but the losses were to quality teams and I just feel Ballard could beat the teams ranked below them.

9) Spencer County (3-0, Defeated East Jessamine 40-8) Spencer County just keeps winning. Next week should be a better game against Bullitt East.

10) Central Hardin(2-1 Defeated Bullitt East 35-13) Nice win over Bullitt East but next week should prove if Central Hardin should be ranked higher up the rankings.

Big Riser(s) – Will have to go to Central. Their fine win against CAL puts them back in the rankings.

Big Dropper(s) – Goes to CAL. Their loss to Central drops them out of the rankings.

Game of the Week – Trinity versus Male. The two top teams in the state which cannot be argued.

Lafayette is a stronger team than Fairdale, so I'm glad the Rocks keep the number one seat. Though, next week will certainly decide who deserves it. Nice to see St. X looking strong, it appears that many fears over the scrimmage (including my own) were unfounded.

How solid of a team is Knox Central? Ballard may deserve to be ahead of Central. Also, I'm a bit surprised Fern Creek isn't on the list, though I'm not sure who to take off for them.

Pretty good list.

Here's how the CalPreps (computer) Louisville area shakes out:

Trinity

Male

St. Xavier

DuPont Manual

DeSales

Pleasure Ridge Park

Central Hardin (if we're considering Hardin County as Louisville metro)

Spencer County

Central (of Louisville, the Yellowjackets)

Fern Creek

Elizabethtown (if we're considering Hardin County as Louisville metro)

Ballard

Christian Academy-Louisville

calpreps.com

CAL would beat spencer county, Ballard and PRP. Central should have been big riser instead of CAL dropping out of rankings.

Have you seen CAL this year??? How about Spencer County and PRP? Every week I try to follow you guys but the first thing I notice is the weekly comparison from one school to the other and trying to compare common opponents. "This team can beat that team and we played them and won by 100 so we know it won't be a game".

PRP was in the 6A State championship three years ago. But, CAL can beat them so I guess CAL can play in 6A? Just happy to see PRP taking great pride in the football program and they continue to put a great product on the football, baseball and basketball court/field.

I do agree with Fern Creek. Hope to watch them rise over the coming weeks!

Have you seen CAL this year??? How about Spencer County and PRP? Every week I try to follow you guys but the first thing I notice is the weekly comparison from one school to the other and trying to compare common opponents. "This team can beat that team and we played them and won by 100 so we know it won't be a game".

PRP was in the 6A State championship three years ago. But, CAL can beat them so I guess CAL can play in 6A? Just happy to see PRP taking great pride in the football program and they continue to put a great product on the football, baseball and basketball court/field.

I do agree with Fern Creek. Hope to watch them rise over the coming weeks!

What does three years ago have to do with these rankings. Yes they were very good that year, desales actually played them and got blown out of the water. If you're referring to "you guys" as desales fan you should probably pay better attention to most other fans on this site that do similar, if not exactly, the same things. I never compared scores or anything of that nature. I simply know CAL's football program and know what they have.

I think Central Hardin is better than Spencer County. I also think we will learn how good PRP really is this week and I don't think they will beat John Hardin. Supposedly the 6'7" 315 pound transfer will finally get to play this week for John and folks are saying he is a player. We will find out on Friday.

What does three years ago have to do with these rankings. Yes they were very good that year, desales actually played them and got blown out of the water. If you're referring to "you guys" as desales fan you should probably pay better attention to most other fans on this site that do similar, if not exactly, the same things. I never compared scores or anything of that nature. I simply know CAL's football program and know what they have.

You said CAL would beat Spencer County, PRP and Ballard. How in the world do you know? In regard to following or paying more attention to other fans, I don't care about the other guys. I like DeSales and want the guys in that program to get everything they deserve...so I like to follow DeSales fans.

Just wish the comparison to everything that is CAL and DeSales would stop. I appreciate as much as anyone what both programs are doing...we sit back, we watch, we enjoy. But leave the other guys out of it...Spencer is having a great year, PRP is in the mix all the time and Ballard is a respectable program in this city (congrats on the victory).

My apologies to Elizabethtown, I was mistaken in thinking they were the one team in Hardin in the Western Area. I swear I could have thought I saw them in the WKY rankings. Assuming Elizabethtown wins this week, the rankings will be corrected by including Elizabethtown.

I think strength of opponent has to play in. Bullitt Central has beat really bad teams to go 3-0, Elizabethtown has beat 1 opponent (that opponent has wins over 2 really bad football teams) who has won a game to go 3-0, Central Hardin has beat everyone you put in front of them, Spencer County has done the same but their opponents have the same record as Elizabethtown I do believe....strength of schedule should be taken into account and that factor is why teams like CAL should stay in the top 10 even though they have lost 2 games. Just my humble opinion.

I think strength of opponent has to play in. Bullitt Central has beat really bad teams to go 3-0, Elizabethtown has beat 1 opponent (that has wins over 2 really bad football teams) who has won 1 game to go 3-0, Central Hardin is 2-1 with their only loss in a really close game to Boyle Co., Spencer County is 3-0 but their opponents have the same record as Elizabethtown I do believe....strength of schedule should be taken into account and that factor is why teams like CAL should stay in the top 10 even though they have lost 2 games. Just my humble opinion.

I think strength of opponent has to play in. Bullitt Central has beat really bad teams to go 3-0, Elizabethtown has beat 1 opponent (that opponent has wins over 2 really bad football teams) who has won a game to go 3-0, Central Hardin has beat everyone you put in front of them, Spencer County has done the same but their opponents have the same record as Elizabethtown I do believe....strength of schedule should be taken into account and that factor is why teams like CAL should stay in the top 10 even though they have lost 2 games. Just my humble opinion.

Central Hardin is not undefeated, they lost a close game to Boyle. If they were, they would be ahead of Spencer and probably another one or two higher. If they beat South Warren and Spencer does not look as impressive against Bullitt East, they will flip.