Everything posted by Rimbuster
-
Newport Central Catholic 44 Bellevue 32
Did the Davenport girl play?
-
Is this Holy Cross the best N KY team ever?
I can't say best ever,there have been some really good Boone County and NCC teams in the last 10 years that would be very competitive vs the state champs!
-
Did NCC have a successful season?
A very bitter ending to what was a very successful season up until that Holmes defeat! Most diehard Ncc fans wanted that journey south and nothing else!
-
Holmes 48 Newport Central Catholic 42 (9th Region Semifinals)
I have to agree that the officiating has not been very good!
-
Holy Cross 49 Highlands 32 (9th Region 1st Round)
Highlands looked lost and confused for most of the game! The Holy Cross match up zone is very tough to score against! Maybe if some early shots would have fell Highlands could have gained some confidence and made a better game of it! I think Highlands could have done a better job of screening that zone! Still they got some nice looks,just had a rough night putting the ball in the hoop!Holy Cross has a very nice team and I wish them nothing but the best down in Bowling Green!
-
Holmes 58 Newport Central Catholic 51 (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Holmes flat out played with more fire than the Breds, loose balls,offensive rebounds,the dogs made it happen! Seldom do you see an Ncc team out hustled,but it happened last night!
-
9th Region Semi Finals Holmes vs NCC
Ncc has been there before and will not back down from the dogs!Rebounding the ball and not allowing 2nd and third chance shots for Holmes will decide this game! Coach Stoll will have a great game plan and a Ncc victory would be no surprise!
-
NCC/Holy Cross Predictions 2/11
RCC9 is dead on in his assessment of tonight's game,could not agree more!
-
Newport Central Catholic 50 Notre Dame 41
Coach Stoll and his staff are doing one hell of a job with this team! Nice win Breds!
-
NDA vs Holy Cross Predictions 2/6
I will take Holy Cross in this one,I think HC will focus on not letting Stallman get the easy looks and take the 3 away!NotreDame will need some scoring from the bigs inside and good play from off there bench to have a shot! I look for a tough physical game!
-
Covington Holy Cross 47 Murray 46 (All A State Championship)
Great post hittheboards19, couldn't agree more!
-
"fulfilled my role..."
So true about Stephanie Lewis,worked her tail off for four years at Ncc, what a wonderful young lady!
-
Simon Kenton 53 Newport Central Catholic 51
Ncc finished with 11 3's.Very tough loss for the Breds!
-
Newport 62 St. Henry 53
That's a nice win for the cats!
-
Holmes 64 Highlands 62
Pretty high scoring game!
-
Is a 30 game schedule for Girl's Basketball excessive?
I don't think 30 games is a problem, what I think gets the girls is all the practice time leading up to those games! It gets to a point where you have to give a day off,shorten practice,maybe just come in shoot and watch some film of next opponent? Like I have said in other threads,some of these girls have not had a brake in sports activities in quite sometime!
-
Campbell County 46 Notre Dame 44 (OT)
NotreDame let a 7 point lead slip away,Smith had to sit with foul trouble. Campbell County was patient in there offense and was able to sneak back door for some easy baskets. Low scoring but hard fought by both teams. One big key to the game was Campbell's scoring on out of bounds plays. I believe they scored 6-8 points on O. B. plays. Game winner was out of bounds underneath Camels basket!
-
Campbell County 46 Notre Dame 44 (OT)
Stallman hit the 3 to send the game to overtime!
-
Holmes 61 Newport Central Catholic 59
The 3 refs last night were all veteran officials! Two full court pressing teams usually turns into a very challenging game to officiate! I am not defending the game that was called last night,just an overall opinion of that type of game played.
-
Holmes @ Highlands - Predictions 1/29
Judging on what I saw last night at the Holmes,Ncc game I would think Highlands by 10 or more!
-
Holmes 61 Newport Central Catholic 59
Holmes looked like one very tired basketball team by the end of this one! Although they scored 61 points they continued to struggle in the half court! I have not seen many teams that can press Miss Ware full court,she just blows by and sets her teammates up for great shots! Great effort by Newcath last night, undersized again but they fight you every possession and they never give up!
-
Big Three in the 9th?
I believe Holmes could really step there game up a notch or two if a couple of things occur! It's getting late in the year but in order to win it all they must develop a half court game with patience,movement and better shot selection! The second thing is the Holmes coaching staff gets to caught up with the whistles,you can't coach your kids if the staff is constantly arguing calls. This also rubs off on the girls. Out of these three teams I think Holmes has the most room for improvement!
-
Holy Cross 40 Highlands 39 (2OT)
Never saw the final turnover stats,does anybody have those as well as shooting percentage! Going into a girls basketball game my goal is to keep the turnovers to 10 or less and to have a shooting percentage of 40 percent from the field,hold the opponent in the 40 - 46 point range and you will win a lot of games!
-
Highlands/Holy Cross Predictions 1/24/15
I think both of these teams will be sky high for this game! Curious why capt d thinks Holmes was not mentally prepared?
- Covington Catholic 54 Holmes 42