Highlands/Holy Cross Predictions 1/24/15

This game can go a lot of different ways which Holy Cross team shows up? If the physical under control team from the first half of the Holmes game shows up this game is all Holy Cross unless Highlands shows up and is hitting there shots this could be another wire to wire game for the Indians! Looking for another huge atmosphere for this game!

I'll take the Indians in this one 42-31!

This is a quick turn around for Holy Cross after such an emotional victory but a great game to prepare for the ninth region tournament. Highlands will be much more disciplined versus the match up zone and in my opinion have a better outside shooting team than Holmes,I look for the birds to be patient and get some good looks. Highlands can flat out stroke it when they bring there " a "game! On the other hand highlands won't be able to turn Holy Cross over like Holmes did. If Highlands bigs can stay out of foul trouble and on offense screen that zone for good looks I feel the birds win in another great game! I love this Holy Cross team but I think the quick turn around while still not 100 percent healthy gives a slight edge to the birds!

Two pretty good assessments above! I agree with most. The only real thing I'll add is that HHS' defense is very underrated. They are not a Holmes that goes out and overwhelms you and wears you down, but they are very disciplined and switch defenses on the fly, making you adjust every time down the court. They also do turn you over because of the changing of the defense and "surprise" pressure when you let your guard down. They have a completely different philosophy than Holmes on defense. I expect it to be a low scoring game because it's no surprise HC's defense is very good when healthy.

I do think it's a quick turn for them mentally and physically. But remember, this is a make up game and they chose the date.

As for the game, I have said all along...with the top 3 teams, it will come down to whoever "wills" their style on the other will be the winner. Three different teams with three different styles. The key to all the Birds victories are rebounding, consistent defense and shooting. When they do those things well, they are a VERY tough match up. When they only do some of those things well, they are a good, but not great team. And when they don't do any of those well, HC wins in a fairly easy game. So in my opinion, it comes down to how HHS plays. I say that because you pretty much know what you're getting out of HC. When healthy, they are pretty consistent and don't really change much up...they don't have to! But if HHS shoots their avg and rebounds, this will be a great game!

Highlands coaching staff does a great job in game preparation,and I am very anxious to see how they attack the match up zone of Holy Cross! And yes I do agree with RCC9 about the Highlands defense! They will throw a lot of different looks at you but I would say that there really should not be any big surprises either way.Both teams know each other very well,I am going to say this is going to be a well played game and the team that can knock down shots against tough "D" wins!

How deep is Highlands off the bench? From my opinion Holy Cross goes 8 deep with people who aren't as good as the starters but can contribute when on the floor. Another key to this game will for sure be which team's starters can stay on the floor!

Holy Cross by 10, I don't think Highlands can match up to the size of Holy Cross and the speed that they play plus Turner is a BEAST.

Have you seen Highlands play? If I remember correctly, last year these teams had virtually the same players and the Birds came out on top. Interesting choice of game day time and date.

I have not seen Holy Cross this year except for a scrimmage and I don't put much emphasis on a scrimmage. I have seen Highlands and I will say if u underestimate their defense, you are in for a long night and they rebound very well. I expect a dog fight in this one and I don't see either team winning by much. :thumb:

Have you seen Highlands play? If I remember correctly, last year these teams had virtually the same players and the Birds came out on top. Interesting choice of game day time and date.

The answer to the bold is either...absolutely not OR the absolute worst talent evaluator ever! This is the same guy that said Highlands has no ball handlers when that is one of the strengths of this team!!! Ha ha ha!!!

Haters gonna hate! :banana:

How deep is Highlands off the bench? From my opinion Holy Cross goes 8 deep with people who aren't as good as the starters but can contribute when on the floor. Another key to this game will for sure be which team's starters can stay on the floor!

HHS goes about 9 deep, depending on the game, style and size of opponent. 7 of the top 9 can handle it and score. Almost all 7 have been high scorer this year. Six of the top nine can stroke from the outside as well, even the 6'2" center.

Someone asked about size. HHS top 8 size. 5 of the top 8 are "long" as well.

6'2"

6'0"

5'10"

5'9"

5'8"

5'7"

5'6"

5'5"

Highlands team is similar if not the same and they beat Holycross on a 3 pointer in the closing seconds of the game where as both teams I'm sure have gotten better Holycross adding turner to the mix is the reason for the 11 point win I predicted in my previous thread!