Highlands/Holy Cross Predictions 1/24/15

Highlands team is similar if not the same and they beat Holycross on a 3 pointer in the closing seconds of the game where as both teams I'm sure have gotten better Holycross adding turner to the mix is the reason for the 11 point win I predicted in my previous thread!

HHS won last year by 4 in OT and won it at the free throw line. HHS also shot HORRIBLE in the first half. They didn't have a field goal in the first half. Literally not one basket! It was 20-10 at half. All of HHS points were free throws. They were 0-16 from 3 and missed 6-7 layups. They played horrid! All that and still won!

So, you're right, it was a close game and they have Turner now. But HHS won't be 0-16 from 3 in the first half and 2-23 in the game from three. If they are, then HC probably wins. Just don't see them shooting that bad again. Not saying that wins the game, but I believe it will be a very close game. And if HHS shoots "good", then it will be a tough match up for HC.

Again, this is a "push" game for me. Many know what HC is about, but people don't seem to know a lot about the Birds. A lot of incorrect perceptions.

HHS goes about 9 deep, depending on the game, style and size of opponent. 7 of the top 9 can handle it and score. Almost all 7 have been high scorer this year. Six of the top nine can stroke from the outside as well, even the 6'2" center.

Someone asked about size. HHS top 8 size. 5 of the top 8 are "long" as well.

6'2"

6'0"

5'10"

5'9"

5'8"

5'7"

5'6"

5'5"

I'm sure I've asked this before.

When did athletes stop being tall and start being long?

I'm sure I've asked this before.

When did athletes stop being tall and start being long?

Good question! I say long when I think their arms are longer than most. So tall usually equals long, but maybe I should say tall and extra long!

HHS won last year by 4 in OT and won it at the free throw line. HHS also shot HORRIBLE in the first half. They didn't have a field goal in the first half. Literally not one basket! It was 20-10 at half. All of HHS points were free throws. They were 0-16 from 3 and missed 6-7 layups. They played horrid! All that and still won!

So, you're right, it was a close game and they have Turner now. But HHS won't be 0-16 from 3 in the first half and 2-23 in the game from three. If they are, then HC probably wins. Just don't see them shooting that bad again. Not saying that wins the game, but I believe it will be a very close game. And if HHS shoots "good", then it will be a tough match up for HC.

Again, this is a "push" game for me. Many know what HC is about, but people don't seem to know a lot about the Birds. A lot of incorrect perceptions.

Your right about the Overtime win by 4 and highlands played terrible that night but Holycross played just as bad up 10 points and not able to hit free throws and win it in my opinion Holycross lost that game last year vs Highlands winning it! But I agree this game could go either way depends on which teams show up tonight to play!

I would not use the Holmes HC game as a gauge for the HC HHS game. Holmes was not prepared mentally for the game and that was HC biggest edge. HHS is usually well prepared and I think it will be the same for this game. The key will be HHS middle game, (10 foot jumpers), they can not afford to get in a battle with HC down low a big mistake by the Holmes' girls in the first half. I say HHS by 8 if the 10 footers drop. HHS appear to be the better half court team therefore HHS by 8. However this will be a good game HC is a very well coached poised team which could get them the victory by 8.

Holmes did not get into their grove until the second half. It was clear that HC was the more relaxed team. Tubbs and # 33 were OK but the rest of the team appeared unwilling to take a shot. The BIG GAME phenomanom usually affects the younger players and that was true for this game. Holmes will have to overcome that for success in the tournament.