Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes @ Highlands - Predictions 1/29

Holmes vs Highlands 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Holmes vs Highlands

    • Holmes
      45%
      10
    • Highlands
      54%
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Battle of the HHS's. Last year Holmes beat Highlands by one on a buzzer beater by Jynea Harris. What will the outcome be this year? Who wins.. Thoughts?

Judging on what I saw last night at the Holmes,Ncc game I would think Highlands by 10 or more!

With HC beating Holmes by 5, HHS losing to HC by 1 in double OT, I'll take HHS by 3 if they can hold the press and hit their shots. Inside rebounds are a crap shoot, never know who comes to play on the inside, how the ball bounces, and if they will score off of it.

Imo the key to a Bulldogs victory will be keeping someone with Adler at all times and running her off the 3pt line. Holmes made the mistake against HC of letting Turner camp out in the corner behind the line.

  • Author
With HC beating Holmes by 4, HHS losing to HC by 1 in double OT, I'll take HHS by 3 if they can hold the press and hit their shots. Inside rebounds are a crap shoot, never know who comes to play on the inside, how the ball bounces, and if they will score off of it.

 

If Holmes plays like the did last night I'll say HSS by 5+ but if holmes can find thier way out of this little slump (not as in losing but playing scrappy) they're in, they could come out with a W in a close one! Beating Highlands on thier court is always tough. So basically it depends on what Holmes team shows up.

If Holmes plays like the did last night I'll say HSS by 5+ but if holmes can find thier way out of this little slump (not as in losing but playing scrappy) they're in, they could come out with a W in a close one! Beating Highlands on thier court is always tough. So basically it depends on what Holmes team shows up.[/QUOTE]

 

Same goes for HHS, if the team that played against Owensboro Catholic or Walton Verona in the holiday tournament shows up, Holmes will dominate.

Imo the key to a Bulldogs victory will be keeping someone with Adler at all times and running her off the 3pt line. Holmes made the mistake against HC of letting Turner camp out in the corner behind the line.

 

Fair point on Adler, but if you only saw the HC game, then I can see why you say that. However, all of them can shoot the 3, especially Graves and Combs, who didn't show that in the HC game. In my opinion, they passed up shots in that game. I'm not sure why, but they are very good from the outside as well. Coffey can heat up from out there as well and their big (Liegh) is probably the second best 3 point shooter on the team. Just isn't always out there. You're right, I would definitely know where Adler is, but the reason they are dangerous is because they have several shooters. I know they didn't show that the other night, but it's true. You can go back through the box scores to confirm what I'm saying.

 

But in no way does that mean they will win. Just telling you they are usually very balanced in the scoring. Their top 6 are all averaging around 10-12 points per game and all have carried the team as the leading scorer at some point. Every once in awhile you'll see one with a 20pt game, but it's usually pretty consistent and balanced.

 

It should be another great NKY match up. I'm sure both teams will be ramped up and ready to play this one. Going to be fun! I have no idea who will win and really don't care. Sure I want the Birds to win, but I expect it to be a close one and we really won't learn everything until the region anyway. But it's fun to watch it play out. HHS better not look past St Henry tonight!

I look for Holmes to pull this one out anywhere from the 5-10 point difference Holmes speed and in your face defense will be the difference. That being said Highlands can sneak it out if they can hit contested shots!

Way to pick both teams Panther15

This game is just so close to call gotta give valid points on both :lol2:

This thread has been quiet

This thread has been quiet

 

Is today Thursday? I didn't even know!

 

Should be a good one. Will Holmes pull themselves out of their mini slump and can HHS handle the pressure and hit shots. I hope they both play good games (by each team's standards) because it will be a really fun game to watch if they do.

Keys to the game: Does Highlands have the guard play to beat Holmes' press with the dribble -- like NCC did the other night? How fatigued is Holmes at this point of the season -- physically and mentally? As an aside, both the Holmes boys and girls seem to play better away from home, probably because they're taking everyone's best shot at home.

Keys to the game: Does Highlands have the guard play to beat Holmes' press with the dribble -- like NCC did the other night? How fatigued is Holmes at this point of the season -- physically and mentally? As an aside, both the Holmes boys and girls seem to play better away from home, probably because they're taking everyone's best shot at home.

 

They won't dribble. Unless it's a man press. In a man press, they don't rely on one kid to bring the ball up the court like HC and NCC does. They use several girls to bring the ball up and will use whichever one they feel is their best match up in a man press situation. Heck, it may not even be the guards bringing it up the floor. Yes, there will be turnovers, but not as many as Holmes is accustomed to. NCC uses the same strategy as Holmes in the man press. HHS is a very smart and patient team with a lot of AAU experience. They've all been pressed in the past by some great athletes in AAU. Heck, a lot of the experience is against the Holmes girls over the years. Its not the first time HHS kids have played against the Holmes kids.

 

Again, I think HHS' skills, bball intelligence and experience will keep the turnovers manageable. If that happens, then it comes down to who executes better in the half court and rebounding.

 

I wouldn't dare predict a winner because it's girl's basketball and you never know what you're going to get out of girls from day to day! That's why I hope they both have good games and we get to see an outstanding game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.