Everything posted by CoachW
-
Holmes 67 Newport 61
Yes. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Hoping I'm not lol. Walter is right about their intensity, though. They're a tough team.
-
Most Valuable Player in Each Region?
I agree with Pangallo in the 9th.
-
Dixie Heights vs Conner predictions 01.17.15
I've only seen Dixie play once, but i loved their guard play...with that and their size, I think Dixie gets this one done pretty easily. Only 3 homes games left of 14+? Ew.
-
Holmes 67 Newport 61
I understand that...the point i was 'trying' to make is that there was no where near a so called poster being made.
-
Holmes 67 Newport 61
Poster...??
-
Rules Reminders For Fans
Missed the reply that broke it down for 12 seconds....sorry
-
Rules Reminders For Fans
12 seconds..
-
Ethan Snapp Article
I just love to see positivity towards that young man, he works so hard and it saddens me when people rip on him. Not saying he doesn't deserve some 'criticism' for some things he does, but I love that people know he's a great kid.
-
Bank of Kentucky High School Games Schedule/Info
That's crazy...i played in this charity classic in high school, but each game was a KY high school vs an OH high school.
-
School's all time scoring list?
only a sophomore, correct?
-
Newport 60 Walton Verona 48
Final from LMIT.
-
Bank of Kentucky High School Games Schedule/Info
why is it called the Bluegrass-Buckeye Charity Classic with no Ohio teams?
-
Best 9th Region Game....Ever...
Ryle's run at a region championship in 2002 was pretty amazing...Holmes (Englemon, B. Smith, Fischer), Dixie (Bramlages and Jones), then CovCath (they were favs I think... Lewin, Finke, Hiltz and Bain). All were close games, and Conner's gym was packed every night!
-
Newport at Campbell County 12/16 Predictions
What I stated is the actual rule. If officials can use their own discretion for bending/changing rules, that's new to me. May or may not have made a difference, but Crawford scoring a bazillion points did. If Newport lets Jackson go off like Crawford did...
- Covington Catholic 86 Bellevue 22
-
Newport at Campbell County 12/16 Predictions
ha, rules are rules though. Would've taken a TO away from Brossart, or Newport could've chosen the F.T. shooter if no TO was taken. Kid hit both free throws I believe. In a game that went into double OT, 2 fts make a HUGE difference...a loss is a loss though, Brossart got it done in the end.
-
Newport at Campbell County 12/16 Predictions
I saw Campbell play at Newport vs Western Hills...If Western Hills had hit a few (great look) shots, the outcome may not have changed, but it would not have been a 16 pt CC win. Playing in the 10th region is always tough, at Brossart there were verrrry many questionable calls...(not to mention the officials letting a kid take a minute to go change his shorts that had blood on them without making Brossart sub or use a T.O.??) Not putting that game on the officiating AT ALL, bc Newport turned the ball over and took some horrible shots at key times...Newport and CC game is always a game, I just don't see the blowout. Jackson is smooooooth, btw.
-
Newport at Campbell County 12/16 Predictions
With the facts that last year's game was so close (@ NHS), how close the game over the summer was (@ CC), and that Newport's supporting cast is much better/deeper than previous years, what makes everyone think this will be such a blowout game? If Snapp makes a jumper at the end of the game, Newport wins at home last year...time ran out on Newport trying to get a last shot this summer @ Campbell.
-
Best Team in the 10th?
- 2014-15 NKY Basketball Contest Sponsored by Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 3)
- Newport 61 Lloyd 44
Blake Donovan is FAST and pesky. I remember Townsend being more of a scoring threat last year as a freshman, he didn't seem to be very effective last night.- Conner at Boone County 12/12 Predictions
Will JR be able to keep up with the pace of the Cougars. As much as Boone likes to push the ball, or maybe just had to while JR was out, Conner is even quicker. Add that to the fact that he has not played in two weeks, I think Conner won't have to worry too much about his big frame.- Paris 54 Montgomery County 51
Dang, I know if I was one of the players, that would throw me off a little bit. I don't get to see many 10th region games, but from what people tell me most games are fun to watch. Love when games come down to the wire and a big play is made.- 2014-15 Northern KY Basketball Contest Sponsored by Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 2)
- Newport 70 Boone County 44
Sorry about that. Yes it was. I don't remember exactly when he went out, late first qtr maybe early second...but game was close, 3-4 pts either way the entire game.