Newport 70 Boone County 44

Big win for Newport. Quite the turnaround from last year when Boone won 62-29.

With no disrespect to the kids this is the worst Boone County team I can remember seeing, and I've seen a bunch. Newport is not loaded with talent, but are well coached and they play very hard.

With or without Stockwell...26 pt win by Newport is impressive.

Nothing against Brossart but still trying to figure out how Newport lost to them.

Maybe cross the licking every once in a while and see Brossart play?

Perfect opportunity tomorrow against your favorite team the Bulldogs.

Maybe cross the licking every once in a while and see Brossart play?

Perfect opportunity tomorrow against your favorite team the Bulldogs.

Was told there were a few homer calls in that game. Guess I'll see for myself tomorrow night.

If you plan on being there, make sure you stop by the baseline so we can catch up.

Was told there were a few homer calls in that game. Guess I'll see for myself tomorrow night.

If you plan on being there, make sure you stop by the baseline so we can catch up.

I think our 24 turnovers probably negated all of the homer calls. :D

First time seeing Newport play in two years.

Snapp is solid. Not great. Really nice handle. Uses his dribble well to get shots. Not a great shooter. Probably a streaky shooter. Could probably be a really nice PG if he didn't try to make the "highlight" passes. He threw a couple of them tonight that caused his dad to yell "ETHAN!" Nice player. I will admit I'm a bit surprised he already has a D2 offer. I'm not sure who he can guard at that level. He'll get shoved around and knocked off the ball.

For comparison there isn't one aspect of his game I'd take over Ruthsatz's game.

Enough to make up a 26 pt difference? I don't think so.

Was told Newport played really good m2m defense tonight with Price locking Stanley up.

You heard incorrectly. BStanley did not shoot well but he got plenty of open looks. Challenge for him is that he is the ONLY weapon you worry about so he gets ALL of the attention. He got to the lane often. Problem is he ran into a couple of other bodies.

Price is a nice player though. I like his game.

First time seeing Newport play in two years.

Snapp is solid. Not great. Really nice handle. Uses his dribble well to get shots. Not a great shooter. Probably a streaky shooter. Could probably be a really nice PG if he didn't try to make the "highlight" passes. He threw a couple of them tonight that caused his dad to yell "ETHAN!" Nice player. I will admit I'm a bit surprised he already has a D2 offer. I'm not sure who he can guard at that level. He'll get shoved around and knocked off the ball.

For comparison there isn't one aspect of his game I'd take over Ruthsatz's game.

My thoughts exactly,,If I had posted that, I now would be getting bashed..