Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 70 Boone County 44

Featured Replies

Big win for Newport. Quite the turnaround from last year when Boone won 62-29.

I have seen both if these teams play. Thought it would be much closer.

Big win for Newport. Quite the turnaround from last year when Boone won 62-29.

 

With no disrespect to the kids this is the worst Boone County team I can remember seeing, and I've seen a bunch. Newport is not loaded with talent, but are well coached and they play very hard.

With or without Stockwell...26 pt win by Newport is impressive.

 

Nothing against Brossart but still trying to figure out how Newport lost to them.

With or without Stockwell...26 pt win by Newport is impressive. Nothing against Brossart but still trying to figure out how Newport lost to them.

 

Newport is decent.

With or without Stockwell...26 pt win by Newport is impressive.

 

Nothing against Brossart but still trying to figure out how Newport lost to them.

 

Maybe cross the licking every once in a while and see Brossart play?

Perfect opportunity tomorrow against your favorite team the Bulldogs.

With or without Stockwell...26 pt win by Newport is impressive.

 

I respectfully disagree. Junior is a load and makes a huge difference.

Maybe cross the licking every once in a while and see Brossart play?

Perfect opportunity tomorrow against your favorite team the Bulldogs.

 

Was told there were a few homer calls in that game. Guess I'll see for myself tomorrow night.

 

If you plan on being there, make sure you stop by the baseline so we can catch up.

I respectfully disagree. Junior is a load and makes a huge difference.

 

Enough to make up a 26 pt difference? I don't think so.

 

Was told Newport played really good m2m defense tonight with Price locking Stanley up.

How long is Junior expected to be out?

Was told there were a few homer calls in that game. Guess I'll see for myself tomorrow night.

 

If you plan on being there, make sure you stop by the baseline so we can catch up.

 

I think our 24 turnovers probably negated all of the homer calls. :D

First time seeing Newport play in two years.

 

Snapp is solid. Not great. Really nice handle. Uses his dribble well to get shots. Not a great shooter. Probably a streaky shooter. Could probably be a really nice PG if he didn't try to make the "highlight" passes. He threw a couple of them tonight that caused his dad to yell "ETHAN!" Nice player. I will admit I'm a bit surprised he already has a D2 offer. I'm not sure who he can guard at that level. He'll get shoved around and knocked off the ball.

 

For comparison there isn't one aspect of his game I'd take over Ruthsatz's game.

Enough to make up a 26 pt difference? I don't think so.

 

Was told Newport played really good m2m defense tonight with Price locking Stanley up.

 

You heard incorrectly. BStanley did not shoot well but he got plenty of open looks. Challenge for him is that he is the ONLY weapon you worry about so he gets ALL of the attention. He got to the lane often. Problem is he ran into a couple of other bodies.

 

Price is a nice player though. I like his game.

Highlight of the night for Boone was the "Valpo" play they ran to win the JV game.

First time seeing Newport play in two years.

 

Snapp is solid. Not great. Really nice handle. Uses his dribble well to get shots. Not a great shooter. Probably a streaky shooter. Could probably be a really nice PG if he didn't try to make the "highlight" passes. He threw a couple of them tonight that caused his dad to yell "ETHAN!" Nice player. I will admit I'm a bit surprised he already has a D2 offer. I'm not sure who he can guard at that level. He'll get shoved around and knocked off the ball.

 

For comparison there isn't one aspect of his game I'd take over Ruthsatz's game.

My thoughts exactly,,If I had posted that, I now would be getting bashed..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.