Newport 70 Boone County 44

You heard incorrectly. BStanley did not shoot well but he got plenty of open looks. Challenge for him is that he is the ONLY weapon you worry about so he gets ALL of the attention. He got to the lane often. Problem is he ran into a couple of other bodies.

Price is a nice player though. I like his game.

Yep,,,We saw the same game..

NEWPORT 23-19-11-17—70

at BOONE 10-16- 5-13—44

NEWPORT (2-1): Covington 3 0 6, Rico Hollis 3 1 8, Price 6 2 16, Ochoa 0 1 1, Davis 2 1 5, Snapp 5 3 15, Williams 1 0 2, Do. Joseph 5 2 12, De. Joseph 1 0 2, Rica. Hollis 1 0 3. Totals 27 10 70.

BOONE COUNTY (1-2): Bishop 4 1 9, Mayberry 2 0 4, Borkowski 2 0 4, Nyman 2 0 5, Teegarden 3 1 8, Floyd 1 0 2, Stanley 3 1 7, Robbins 2 1 5. Totals 19 4 44.

3-pointers: N—Price 2, Snapp 2, Rico Hollis, Rica. Hollis. BC—Nyman, Teegarden. JV: Boone County, 40-37.

First time seeing Newport play in two years.

Snapp is solid. Not great. Really nice handle. Uses his dribble well to get shots. Not a great shooter. Probably a streaky shooter. Could probably be a really nice PG if he didn't try to make the "highlight" passes. He threw a couple of them tonight that caused his dad to yell "ETHAN!" Nice player. I will admit I'm a bit surprised he already has a D2 offer. I'm not sure who he can guard at that level. He'll get shoved around and knocked off the ball.

For comparison there isn't one aspect of his game I'd take over Ruthsatz's game.

Pretty good assesment! Biggest plus is Snapp is only a junior. I think he has some upside.

Save this comment and just go ahead and load it into every game thread you post in all year. That comment is a given every single night.

Agreed. Though I watched the Brossart/Newport game thru green tinted glasses I did not see any homering going on. Did see Code come unglued after a no call on a play and did see Snapp Jr. whinning after a few touch fouls were called against him. Sr. told him to hush up. Refs called that 2 handed touch all night on both teams. I did not like the calls but they seemed to go both ways, I think just like last year the refs call it for the first few weeks and than it goes away. Brossart's only returning starter was the only kid to foul out if I remember correctly.

Enough to make up a 26 pt difference? I don't think so.

Yes. From what I heard Boone was up about 20 vs Holy Cross when Jr. Got hurt. Jr has a very, very nice low post game and Newport has no answer for that (and please do not say that Covington would be able to guard him). And he is relentless on the boards.

Yes. From what I heard Boone was up about 20 vs Holy Cross when Jr. Got hurt. Jr has a very, very nice low post game and Newport has no answer for that (and please do not say that Covington would be able to guard him). And he is relentless on the boards.

Do you live by WHAT IF,,Give it up...The game is in the record book..

Whoever told you this was gravely mistaken...score was close the whole game. JR is a load though, bad luck for Boone he's had to sit so long.

CoachW, welcome.

To help us in the future when you are responding to a particular quote hit the "reply with quote" button for that quote and then type your response.

I will assume you are saying the Holy Cross game was close even with Junior in the game. Correct?

CoachW, welcome.

To help us in the future when you are responding to a particular quote hit the "reply with quote" button for that quote and then type your response.

I will assume you are saying the Holy Cross game was close even with Junior in the game. Correct?

Sorry about that. Yes it was. I don't remember exactly when he went out, late first qtr maybe early second...but game was close, 3-4 pts either way the entire game.