Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 86 Bellevue 22

Featured Replies

Covington Catholic 86 Bellevue 22

 

15 Colonels in the scoring column.

Nail-biter.

No comment.

Silly to even play this game. Honestly who is responsible for this moronic decisión.

Silly to even play this game. Honestly who is responsible for this moronic decisión.

 

In of the other threads, somebody posted that Bellevue's coach stepped up to the plate when CCH was having a difficult time finding a game.

In of the other threads, somebody posted that Bellevue's coach stepped up to the plate when CCH was having a difficult time finding a game.

 

I believe CCH should have then stepped down.....

In of the other threads, somebody posted that Bellevue's coach stepped up to the plate when CCH was having a difficult time finding a game.

 

Wow, nothing like taking 3 of your teams to Park Hills for a taste of the Crazies and some beatdowns.

Wow, nothing like taking 3 of your teams to Park Hills for a taste of the Crazies and some beatdowns.

 

I wish my son could have played at CovCath for one game in his HS career.. even if it were a beatdown. Would make a great memory for the rest of his life.

  • Author
Wow, nothing like taking 3 of your teams to Park Hills for a taste of the Crazies and some beatdowns.

 

According to the broadcast there was hardly anyone there in attendance. No presence of Crazies it seems, and they also said that it was exams week.

I wish my son could have played at CovCath for one game in his HS career.. even if it were a beatdown. Would make a great memory for the rest of his life.

 

I respectfully disagree....the only memory those Bellevue kids will have is of being embarrassed. JMO Thankfully the Crazies were not out in full force or it would have really been brutal.

I respectfully disagree....the only memory those Bellevue kids will have is of being embarrassed. JMO Thankfully the Crazies were not out in full force or it would have really been brutal.

 

With all due respect you are wrong. If final scores were the only reason you play the game then CovCath should stop playing Highlands in football. I know Coach Hicks and I know the Bellevue program and I know the lessons that will be taught from this game. Is anyone happy with the result? Obviously not. But what the Bellevue TEAM will take away is a lesson in playing harder. A lesson in competing at your personal highest level. They will be reminded that effort is more important than outcome and that avoiding the best means settling for being the least. I KNOW those are the lessons being taught. If you're satisfied with staying "where you belong," as it appears you may be suggesting here, then you will never learn to compete with the best in all aspects of life. Those kids will be taught that competing, giving an effort that is sometimes beyond your current abilities, is more important that the final score of one basketball game. CovCath and their players were exemplary last night. They didn't back down because it was "just" Bellevue and for that reason the Tigers players got to see what one of the best programs in the state looks like up close. I think you shortchange both the kids and the coaching staff when you make reckless comments like yours. Yes, it was a beat down, but it wasn't their first and it won't be their last in life. As a result I know they will definitely hear the messages I mentioned. And that is a GOOD thing.

Edited by Papa Bear

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.