Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BlackandGold

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BlackandGold

  1. My quote was meant to be sarcastic because hopefully his was and he really didn’t believe the game would have been over and unraveling etc.... As far as a physical game I asked several of the kids and they said it wasn’t as physical as what they had been led to believe said it was just another normal football game and I agree there was a couple of good hits from both sides but for the most part just missed tackles.
  2. This post is funny on so many levels. Boyle had not started to unravel shows how much you know about Boyle county kids and their coaching staff. Boyle kids don’t know what the word give up is. Secondly, Belfry I don’t think gave Boyle any fumbles, nobody on Belfry team wanted the ball because of Boyle defense so they threw it down. I know that isn’t what you seen but your glasses and mine are two different colors and show two different games.
  3. Also I questioned a call one time with an official and he stated that if I didn’t think he made the right call that they are looking for good refs all the time I should give it shot. Since that day I might question it to a buddy but most of them are doing the best they can do they aren’t trying to make the wrong call. So if we don’t like the calls and think that our eyes are so much better and in a crazy atmosphere we can remain calm and be perfect then we should sign up cause none of them are perfect. I am sure that wasn’t the only missed call in the game, how many holding penalties was there? You could literally call holding every play as far as I am concerned but no way 7 refs can see all 22 young men on the field at all times and make the correct call right? Or maybe I am wrong?
  4. I would love to also see a different angle but the ball appears to me to be spotted at the 43.5 and contact occurs at the 47. That is just by me slowing it down and trying to watch first contact with the defenders hand on him if that is what happened. The receivers foot appears to be at the 47 when a hand comes into play. I feel like this video is useless to come to a conclusion on this. Never the less it was a bang bang play.
  5. With the weather forecast this game could be interesting with field conditions...
  6. If Boyle’s defense gives up that many points the future will not be bright for them in my eyes.
  7. That is why they play the game and not go by what we think but I still think that is wishful thinking.
  8. He was cleared before Friday.
  9. They couldn’t have filled the brackets in any better if they would have done it on their own. Lol
  10. As far as I could tell they were.
  11. From what I have heard Fitzgerald is out 2 games.
  12. I can guarantee you that if it would have been a tackle by big Will the other player would not have landed on his feet.
  13. Agreed and I think the biggest difference was Mercer defensive intensity was off the charts compared to Boyle’s and that caused several more fouls but I would love to see a chart of where the fouls were called and how many points were scored in the paint because Mercer didn’t attack the basket that much.
  14. Boyle only shot 15 in the second half and some of those coming from once both teams were in the bonus. I don't remember to many free throws coming from fouls on shots in the paint for either team.
  15. Boyle seemed to be getting fouled when they were in the paint too so as long as the refs let it go both ways I am ok with that.
  16. I know he went to one at Pikeville and one at UK.
  17. Maybe Cooper defense had some thing to do with that?
  18. They just got beat this past Friday night so no way have they been practicing a week they may have gotten one practice in Monday. Either way Mercer is not that bad.
  19. Not sure but wonder if any of the football players even participated? If not there is your reason for the score.
  20. I would like to know how many turnovers there was, if Corbin, Boyle or Etown don’t turn the ball over I think any of them can win. Sounds like anything that could go wrong went wrong for Belfry. So did they kick themselves in the foot or did Central kick them? Central has a great team no doubt but did Central have any turnovers and if they had been the one turning it over do they still beat Belfry?
  21. And if you watch the film two of those fumbles were intentionally punched out and not just mishandled or anything of that nature. Boyle also had their share of turnovers with 3 interceptions. To be honest I thought both teams sucked that game and can't believe anybody would want to act like one side was dominant or played good.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.