Everything posted by openlook
-
Courier Journal Preseason Top 25
Scott Co. may be overrated. I'm hearing they've pushed aside much of the upper classmen in favor of a youth movement. They're underclassmen are still pretty talented.
-
Carroll County at Lloyd Memorial Predictions
What offensive or defensive weapons does Carroll Co have?
-
2015-16 11th Region
That's crazy talk!!! When's the last time that happened?
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Pre-Season Preview
Put Kendrick Hamilton from Scott Co. on your radar. Young man is extremely athletic and can cover a lot of ground at linebacker. Plus, he's just a junior.
-
Carroll County 2015/2016
Will Hogan be playing or will he skip it to focus on football?
-
UK- Wright, Goodin, Young....
Someone help me out here, did Cal recruit Hawkins or Willis? Trying to think of the last in state kid Cal offered.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
I must've missed something. I don't see anything about the annual attempted transfers into Scott Co. Who's on this list?
-
Carson Williams-Owen County (2016) Season Highlights
Looks to be very talented. Highlights against Eminence and Walton doesn't necessarily help though. Wonder what recruiting would be like for him if he attended HS in Louisville or Lexington?
-
James Bolden Shows out at Scott Brown Classic
I think you're probably right, although, I think he'll end up being better than Hawkins.
-
8th Region Starter Predictions
Saw Hawkins play over the summer. You're right, he can shoot and is a very good player. Will likely end up being one of the better players in the entire region. I cannot remember the last guard his size in the 8th region.
-
8th Region Starter Predictions
I'm sure there are some, but how many 6'6" guards are there in the state?
-
Interesting that transfers are now being reported by Courier Journal
Boone County. Not an open enrollment district. HS' in Boone are Boone, Ryle, Cooper, Conner, Walton. Need to have residence in the designated district to attend the school (Walton is Independant so they'll take out of district kids). If I have that wrong, someone let me know.
-
Your School's All-Time Starting 5
No Boone or Conner list? Anyone?
-
Best 9th Region Game....Ever...
That was a great district from top to bottom. Didn't Conner beat SK twice that year? Boone had some excellent bigs also (Moeves at about 6'6" and Coffman at about 6'7").
-
Gimmick Defense
Thought this was interesting:
-
Gimmick Defense
I love the fact that you've played m2m all year. It's ridiculous, in my opinion, to play a zone defense in a youth league geared toward development. In elementary and middle school, zone teaches kids NOTHING productive. Coaches use zone at this level because they can't teach proper m2m (ever heard of the shell drill?). I can't recall anyone ever saying about a player, "not sure about his man defense, but he can sure play a mean zone".
-
Gimmick Defense
How about total denial defense against one player and having that specific defender not provide any defensive help to anyone at anytime? Is that a gimmick?
-
All Time Leading Scorers
An NBA 3 pointer is about 23 1/2 feet out. I played against Richie, but never saw the other guys you mentioned play in high school, but there's NO WAY these guys "lit it up consistently" from 5 feet behind where an NBA line would be. A couple shots may go down in a game from that general distance, but that's not lighting it up.
-
Highlands 47 Bryan Station 41
I didn't see the paper but was in the stands. The pass was a wounded duck/floater that could've easily been knocked down or intercepted. The Bryan Station back slipped as he broke for the ball.
-
Highlands 47 Bryan Station 41
If it were not for a Bryan Station db slipping late in the game on a poorly thrown ball which allowed Highlands a catch and score, then the outcome very well may have been different. Great job of Highlands to keep some composure and step up when needed. It seemed like Bryan Station was just more athletic/quicker than Highlands may have expected.
-
Rank The Top 10 Teams In The 8th, 9th & 10th
Having Walton in the conversation is an indication of the lack of strength in this group once you get past the top 5. Agree or disagree? Also, why does it seem like SK appears to underachieve on a regular basis? With student body that size, it would seem that would have more success. They should be able to sleep walk through their district. They should be knocking on the door of the regional finals year after year.
-
New School In Scott County
You make a valid argument. However, if a kid that wanted to play basketball and was told to either find happiness on the JV team (not sure how that works for a senior) or give bowling a try...I'm not sure I'd like it.
-
New School In Scott County
This site is primarily dedicated to athletics, so I'll go down that path. I do not know how large schools in GA, FL, etc. account for this (maybe they don't care), but a 2K-3K school may tend to have very successful athletic programs, but the disappointing thing to me would be that so many girls and boys cannot participate in these programs because of the available talent pool. There are likely kids walking the halls of Scott Co. that would love to play baseball or golf or basketball and aren't able to. Having the opportunity to participate in high school athletics can be a great experience for a young person.
-
New School In Scott County
Does anyone think it could depend on the class of school? Could Scott Co. build a A or AA school that provides just enough relief without doing a lot of damage to the athletics at the larger school? Are county high schools in KY permitted to offer open enrollment? I know the middle schools in Scott Co. offer this.
-
Scott County 2014/2015
Here's a fact: To date, the Scott Co. boys basketball program has NOT been ruled by the KHSAA to be in violation of any KHSAA rule as it pertains to recruitment of players.