Everything posted by titan101
-
Trinity Christian 62 East Jessamine 60 (46th District Semifinal)
East has the better roster but Trinity Christian is not a horrible team. Trinity Christian beat Somerset Christian by 28. Southwestern only beat Somerset Christian by 6. Somerset Christian only got beat by McCreary Central by 2. East has never been great and went to Region Semi Final in this coaches 2nd year and he has only been there 4 years.
-
Trinity Christian 62 East Jessamine 60 (46th District Semifinal)
Post season anything can happen. Gym was packed and a very loud/intense environment. Give Trinity Christian credit they just made a few more plays in an overtime game. East had a lot going on this week off the court that could have played a role. This is probably as down as a whole that I have seen the 46th district ever.
-
12th Region Week 13 Rankings and District Tournament Preview
Not that I am aware of but I will post if I find one.
-
12th Region Week 12 Rankings and Review
Have to tip your hat to SW. They out played Mercer from the opening tip and 100% deserved the win. Mercer is a hard team to figure out. They really dominated Rockastle and Lincoln. Then come out and lay an egg against SW. Mercer had zero intensity and just got out worked.
-
KABC Awards
All Great players. Steele is the only one going power 5. I have seen them all up close and I would go Steele but just my opinion. All are great offensive players. She is next level defense.
-
Somerset 53 Boyle County 39
I think Boyle could still be a dangerous team in the tourney. Quisenberry and Brown are the most athletic guards in the region and both are skilled as well. Boyle is a team that could get beat by Lincoln in the district tourney and not make region or could get in region tourney and win a few games and neither would surprise me. I don't think their roster as whole is all that great past those two players.
-
Lincoln County at Mercer County Predictions/Updates
Beat down. Mercer up 61-41 with 3 min left. Jackson gave up pulled starters
-
12th Region Week 11 Rankings and Review
I love Burgin. But for District Championship there is no where to park and 3 rows of bleachers. Really hurts the crowd and amount of people that can attend.
-
12th Region Week 11 Rankings and Review
Trinity Christian's facilities are worse than Burgin's and that is saying something. Really neither place should host any post season tourney.
-
KHSAA Sweet 16®️ Draw
Will be interesting to see Anderson play a good team away from home. Anderson got beat by 17 at Simon Kenton. DCA is a really good team and they have one of the best post players in the state. Their guards are probably below average so will be interesting to see what they do in region. Their best wins of the season are probably West Jessamine or Wayne County.
-
Pulaski vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
I saw Wayne beat SW and played Pulaski close. Is Wayne that good or these teams have an off night?
-
12th Region Week 10 Rankings and Review
Mercer plays at Pulaski tonight. Mercer coming off a bad loss to Collins and Pulaski coming off a loss to a 10-12 North Laurel team. What kind of size does Pulaski have?
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
College basketball players absolutely lift during the season and all year long. College football players lift during season and all year long. I can guarantee you Reed Shepherd or any UK basketball player would not go in on a game day or day after a game and do the same workout that a UK lineman would do in the off season but that is what we expect out of a high school basketball player. This has nothing to do with Boyle specifically because there are several schools throughout the state that do this. Lifting needs to be sport specific especially during the season. Most Strength/Weight coaches in high school are a member of the football staff. College baseball players lift during the season too but would never have a pitcher do a football weightlifting session the day before, day of or next day after pitching. Having a high school pitcher bench press any time near a day they are pitching is a sure fire way for a shoulder injury. I know it is supposed to be "Optional" at these schools but I would say for the most part it is not really optional for football players. Again nothing specific to Boyle but general throughout the state.
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
Mercer County does this also with lifting before school. I see it both ways. I could see a potential fatigue problem game day and next morning after a game. If Mercer were to play at Pulaski on a Tuesday night and not get back until after 11:00 then a turn around of lifting at 6:00 am the next morning. Stacking days like that can fatigue the body could lead to injuries. Rest is as important as anything for young kids. I have seen baseball kickback on this at Mercer more than basketball.
-
Danville Christian Academy 44 Boyle County 33
Who was he guarding for Boyle?
-
Mercer County 46 Mercy 37
Louisville Mercy is ranked 16th in the state?
-
New Rules and Points of emphasis this season?
12th region refs will be glad to know this. Nothing they love more than winding up and taking 2-3 over exaggerated steps into a charge call 15 times a game.
-
New Rules and Points of emphasis this season?
I know college changed the charge rule so that there shouldn't be as many charges as in the past. Are they doing the same in High school?
-
Mercer County 62 Somerset 60
Good early win on the road for Mercer. Impressive without Barnes. Ellis is a definite problem especially for teams that don't have an inside physical presence. It looks like Somerset shot higher % from 3 point range than from 2.
-
Cats' Pause 12th Region Rankings
Mercer will be ok. Will be up and down to start the season out. They are down two starters from last year in back court. Mayes decided not to play and Drakeford out with injury. Goodman a backup physical big man also out with injury. With addition of Barnes and new coach a lot to figure out but they will get there.
-
12th Region Boys Basketball Preview
I don't think it has been in question for a while. Had he tried to play football at the beginning of the season eligibility could have been an issue. I don't think it has been a question he would be eligible for basketball for a while now. Going to need him to be an efficient scorer.
-
Central at Mercer County Predictions/Updates
Titans probably an underdog but they are at home. Key will be if they can get their offense going against Central Defense. Probably going to need to be balanced on offense. Can Mercer stop Central's running game. Mercer has some weapons on offense. Should be a great night for Football at Mercer. They have had great atmosphere all year.
-
Cats' Pause 12th Region Rankings
I agree with you. I think they have the best roster in the region. Just a giant leap to go from never being able to make it out of district to winning region. if they have this same roster for a few years I would feel better. I would rather have dominant guards than bigs if trying to win region. Usually the team with best guard play wins. DCA has some good guards so we will see what happens. DCA PG last year lead team in FG and 3pt attempts with splits of 35%/26% not going to win a region championship with that formula.
-
Cats' Pause 12th Region Rankings
DCA has a really good roster. I don't think they have ever played in a region tournament. Not saying it is impossible but it is hard to go from never making the region tourney to winning it. The level of intensity in the region tournament can't be replicated in the regular season, AAU or any other venue. I think having players that have experience in it really matters unless you are just head and shoulders talent wise above everyone else which they may have that.
-
Cats' Pause 12th Region Rankings
Agreed. They are all great players but at this point I don't know who you replace them with in the top 10. Boyd is one that sticks out that I think should be top 10. Some on here may prove it as the season goes on. I have heard Drakeford got hurt in football and might be out for basketball season.