Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 62 Somerset 60

Featured Replies

Final per KHSAA. Quite a game to lead off with for both teams, considering both are projected to be in the upper tier of the 12th region.

Nice win for Mercer on the road to start the season. Played most of game without Barnes. Whitaker and Godfrey are as good as advertised. 

Ellis is the real deal for Mercer. Coach Adkins is a really good Coach! 

A little surprised in this result for game 1, especially being at Somerset. Seems like Mercer is getting it together sooner than I expected. Did Somerset have their football players?

Disappointing home loss to open the season for the Bunnies. 

Good early win on the road for Mercer.  Impressive without Barnes.  Ellis is a definite problem especially for teams that don't have an inside physical presence. It looks like Somerset shot higher % from 3 point range than from 2.

3 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

A little surprised in this result for game 1, especially being at Somerset. Seems like Mercer is getting it together sooner than I expected. Did Somerset have their football players?

I heard they had them but their first practice as a full team was just this past Saturday. So essentially two days to prepare. Mercer is good and this was a good win, but I wouldn't read a ton into it for Somerset. I'm sure the Jumpers will be fine once the football players get their basketball legs.

20 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I heard they had them but their first practice as a full team was just this past Saturday. So essentially two days to prepare. Mercer is good and this was a good win, but I wouldn't read a ton into it for Somerset. I'm sure the Jumpers will be fine once the football players get their basketball legs.

Can’t read much into any of this as it’s all speculation. I have said several times that most of the top teams seem to have a couple of top 10-15 players and seems to be a balance. Mercer going on the road and getting a win with basically getting nothing from one of their top two is a solid win. Somerset top two are good as I said and the Abshire kid played solid as a third for them so yes they will be fine. 

14 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

A little surprised in this result for game 1, especially being at Somerset. Seems like Mercer is getting it together sooner than I expected. Did Somerset have their football players?

They did.  But it looks like none of the scored.  So I can't imagine they were in full basketball shape yet. They also played without Coomer.   

12 hours ago, Co@chPitino said:

Disappointing home loss to open the season for the Bunnies. 

Not really unexpected.  They got zero points from their 3 football players and Jamison Coomer also didn't play.  Both of these teams will be fine going forward. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.