Everything posted by sshall
-
NKBBCA Award Winners Announced
Great job NCC Breds. Congratulation to all 3 young men.
-
2017 All "A" State All-Tourney Team
Looks like the choices was very fair.
-
Cordia and possible ESPN 30 for 30???
Short story after Breds knocked them off. Ha
-
Newport Catholic 62 Highlands 47
Couldn't agree more. Neff gives the team emotion and passion something that has been missing from the start of the season. Neff was missed during the time off from injury and last night showed how much he was missed. He is the spark plug. I just want to add last night game was something to be remembered not so much for the game its self but both sides student section showed so much spirit and it is what makes high school basketball so much fun. Great win Breds! Birds are a scrappy relentless team. Great job
-
Covington Catholic 72 Campbell County 53
Great job Cov Cath on the win..
-
NCC hoops exodus
If you look at what is on the bench for NCC next year for varsity, as a good Varsity Coach would do is prep them talented freshman the way NCC seems to be doing. For one it's about timing. Hall and Pangallo was moved up yes, but only seen the floor when it was at blow out status. Zack and Grant would of been hard for them to beat out of a position. So alot of factors go into this decision I'm sure. One being preparing the best kids for the following year. I think it's smart. I also think if a ball player plays at a high level AAU circuit works hard in off session and maybe has a trainer and is a freshman deserves to move up to JV. Back in the day don't apply here AAU is a game changer. Can't compare. One thing I am on fence with its at 15 or 16 thinking they have done all they can achieve if moved up. A ball player should always be working on their game being better then the year before. It's a mental thing to maturity.
-
Congrats to Week 1 Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing Player of The Week Brennan Hall!!!
Great job B. HALL sky is the limit
-
Campbell County 74 Newport Central Catholic 63
Yes. I just went back on Hudl and viewed it again. Hall never clapped in anyone's face he yelled "let's go" as he was going back on D. Not justified at all.. Still weak in my view and the horse has been shot.
-
Campbell County 74 Newport Central Catholic 63
He was the momentum are you sure you watched the same game. After that the team went on to cut the lead to 6 before they had to foul . His team backed what you would call his "actions" I would call getting into the game showing emotion. He's a good kid plays hard and made an awesome shot at that time. We can agree to disagree... Good day.
-
Campbell County 74 Newport Central Catholic 63
Mouth in check? He said "Let's go" ... I think you are making to much of it. How many times have you seen passion after a great shot? Cc might of won the game but they didn't shut Hall down that's for sure.
-
Campbell County 74 Newport Central Catholic 63
Very weak.. See it all the time. Maybe it could be one of the refs was a graduate from Cc... I think so..
-
Campbell County 73 Holmes 63
Love the "desperation attempts" with minutes left. You play ball till the buzzer goes off. I don't view that as desperation.
-
Trinity 70 Covington Catholic 60
Great win Trinity...
-
Holmes 58 Buckhorn 39
What about Hollis?
-
Trinity 55 Cooper 53 (KOB)
Did Trinity have all the starters? Heard they had 3 starters out? How true?
-
Walton Verona 70 Highlands 62 (OT)
Great win Walton
-
Lloyd 70 Holmes 65
NCC blew a 17 point lead with a tech as well a couple of them if I'm not mistaking. Lloyd is a second half team that's for sure. Very surprised to see such low scores from big man Jaiden Greene. Lloyd don't play Cooper or Cov Cath this year that's a shame would love to see how that would go with the spunk of Lloyd. Sounds like Lloyd was being slept on.
-
All "A" Classic State Tournament Brackets Announced
Now this would be awesome.
-
Covington Catholic 91 St. Henry 33
I thought playing organized games was a 5 game suspension ? I could be wrong if I am please inform.
-
Lloyd 66 Newport Central Catholic 63
Totally agree spot on.
-
Lloyd 66 Newport Central Catholic 63
Hall played away from the ball. He had some real good passes to feed big men and caused some defensive turn overs. He took some 3 attempts only made one. At the last 2 min mark he was driving to hole more what he should of been doing more. Collopy subbed way to much for the first game. The new starters for varsity and I don't think he gave time to get a good rhythm going before he was already subbing. Hall should of been let loose to run the game. First game for Collopy to he's learning as well. Bad game at home to lose the streak that they had going. NCC should have won this game 17 points up not taking away from Lloyd they got into the players head of ncc and some costly technicals hurt them. I would of like to see a time out called after Pangallo tech to settle team down draw up play but none was called. I still look for a good team from NCC it's just the beginning. Good job Lloyd sure NCC will play again.
-
Newport Central Catholic 92 Dayton 39
Suck it up
-
Newport Central Catholic 92 Dayton 39
Zack is a great kid.. I know him watched him and have no problems with the comparison it's a major compliment my view is my view.. I didn't make the comparison nor did I make the Comment that it was too soon for the comparison. So.. Scroll back and start from the beginning.. It's always nice to visit this site and see that in order to comment against a comment it's up to CLYDE TO APPROVE..
-
Newport Central Catholic 92 Dayton 39
I do too.. Lol
-
Newport Central Catholic 92 Dayton 39
And who is your 'most' you mean what you consider...? Let's don't add others into this to create something you consider to be shots fired.. When it's a comment