Everything posted by lauch8
-
9th Region Preseason Rankings
I agree with the ranking except for Boone Co. at 7? I would put them last at 10. They weren't good at all last year and from what I've heard they have nothing in the pipeline. I heard they will be absolutely horrible!
-
St. Henry 4 Ryle 3
I've seen Mann pitch and he is a very good pitcher, which is what my point is. You throw your number one to try and make sure you advance and then come back with a pitcher like Mann in the next game. If there's no tomorrow then there's no sense in holding back your number one. If your number one gets bombed then you at least went down with your best but if you don't throw number one and yesterdays scenario happens your going to look foolish and get the heat that comes along with it. I've seen this scenario happen a lot over the years. Doesn't mean the coach isn't a good coach, just means he out smarted himself.
-
St. Henry 4 Ryle 3
I came to watch Ziggy and I was shocked that he didn't start. When there's no tomorrow always go with your ace. This one will haunt the head coach and the Ryle program for a long time. Congrats to St. Henry.
-
Ryle 5 Boone County 1
I have to agree with changeup, the top two teams in the 33rd have advanced. When your around or under .500 there's usually a reason. In the last 10 years I'd say this was one of the weakest Boone teams that I've seen.
-
Ryle 5 Boone County 1
Poor defense and poor hitting have plagued Boone all year and yesterday was no different. Congrats to Purnell on a great career at Boone. Congrats and good luck to Ryle moving forward.
-
9th Region Predictions
I've seen all of the ninth region teams at least once and a few twice and this is definitely one of the most competitive regions I've seen in a long time. I wouldn't be fooled by anyone's record, anyone of the teams could win the region. The only problem is that there will be a few really good teams left out after districts. Definitely one of the most interesting games will be the round one Boone/Ryle game. It's ashame that one of these teams will be heading home after the game. Should be a great game. Anyone know where or when this game is?
-
9th Region Preview 2016
Friend and Turner are both really good and can shut down anybody's lineup on any given day. I'm sure Reid and Phillips are very good also. The 33rd will be a battle just like it is every year.
-
9th Region Preview 2016
The 33rd district is a dog fight every year so I would expect that again this year. I think I would rate the 33rd as 1) Ryle, 2) Conner, 3) Cooper & 4) Boone. I think they are all pretty close in talent this year so I won't be shocked no matter who wins the 33rd. I agree with the top 5 in the 9th region listed above but again someone else could jump in their and win the 9th also. Looking forward to a really competitive year all around.
-
Beechwood's Brett Slusher Offer?
Outstanding student athlete and a good role model. He will be great at whatever he decides to do.
-
5 Mistakes of Pitch Framing
I've seen a lot of good catchers over the years but one of the best I've seen recently at framing and stealing pitches was the Roederscheimer kid that graduated from Boone County last year. Really smart catcher. I think he's playing somewhere in college but can't remember where. Anybody know where he's at?
-
10th region?
Mac Whitaker is definitely the best coach in the 10th region and also one of the best in the entire state.
-
Cream of the crop this year?
Seriously?? I have seen a lot of 2016 players in the state the last two years, you need to get out more. These two aren't even close to the best in the state.
-
Boone County's Jeffrey Purnell Commits
Congrats to Zig and Purnell! Both really good pitchers and really good kids! What about Stringer? Is he still headed to Louisville?
-
9th Region All-Star Games
Does anyone have any rosters?
-
9th Region All-Star Games
Has anyone seen any rosters for this event?
-
Ramey Named 9th Region POY
Congrats to all of the players listed as all stars, well deserved! Congrats to Ramey on a great year! Have to ask, how does the catcher from Boone (Roedensheimer) not make the list for catching? I've been scouting along time and he is the best catcher that I've seen in the northern Kentucky this year. The only catcher that I've seen close to him was the Capple kid from Dixie last year.
-
Highlands 4 Boone County 2
Congratulations to Highlands on the win. Really good game by both teams. Congratulations to the entire Boone team and coaches on a good year. Congratulations to the Seniors you've definitely left your mark on the Boone program and you should be very proud of what you've accomplished the last couple of years, you will all be missed. Good luck moving forward in the future you will all be great!
-
Boone County 3 Beechwood 1
You need to relax. I didn't announce Boone as the better team and I'm certainly not being arrogant or inflammatory. It was simply two good teams playing their tails off just like the other 3 games yesterday. You are correct, Purnell won't be pitching tonight (at least you got something correct) but that's ok, Boone will go with the next man up just like they have all season. One team will win and one will lose, that's just baseball.
-
Boone County 3 Beechwood 1
MLB does it to sell tickets and make millions on TV dollars. The region is setup as a 3 game series. The team that wins 3 in row wins the region. Congrats to Boone, Highlands, Ryle & NCC on first round wins. All 4 teams played great. Should be fun tonight. Good luck to all!
-
33rd District Tourney
Wouldn't want to face either of these teams in the region, both will be tough outs.
-
33rd District Tourney
Really good championship game. Boone was down 5-0 after 2 innings and then Battled their way back to 5-4. Game ended with the tieing run on third in the bottom of 7th. Congratulations to Ryle.
-
33rd District Tourney
Mr. Hellbird instead of making excuses for Cooper just congratulate the winning team. I've been around the game a long time and have never seen a school/program with as many excuses as Cooper has. Every year there's an excuse why they can't win a meaningful game and advance to the region. It seems to me that they need better talent and better coaching. Congratulations to the Boone players and coaches on another job well done. Good luck the rest of the way!
-
Early 9th region tournament thoughts
Highlands and Beechwood are clearly the two best teams in the ninth region. I would give a slight edge to Highlands as the best. I could see either one winning he ninth region. Two very nice teams.
-
Trinity 4 St. Xavier 2
Definitely a fun game to watch. I was very impressed with both teams.
-
Boone County 8 McNicholas (OH) 3
Sounds like the bats finally woke up for Boone. How did they score?