Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Preseason Rankings

Featured Replies

Since today is the official beginning of baseball tryouts/season, I thought I would take a stab at ranking (IMHO) the 9th region. Last year I had Beechwood 1 and Highlands 2 and they played each other in the championship.... and flipped the script on me.

 

1. Highlands (hitting will be the question mark for this team. The have the pitching for sure)

2. Cov Cath (Solid upperclass and talented younger players)

3. Beechwood (Young! Could be a 3.... could be an 8. coming off JV Championship)

4. Ryle (lost a lot of seniors, but solid kids move up)

5. Conner

6. Cooper

7. Boone Co

8. Dixie

9. NCC

10. St Henry

  • Replies 42
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you nailed the top 2, but I'd put Connor at 3.

Highlands should pitch its way to a region this year. But as is always true in sports...that's why they play the games

I agree with top 2 as well...after that I'd say (and I'm no expert)

3. Conner (Talented Sr Ace, good JR class)

4. Cooper (Good young up and coming team)

5. Ryle (No Ziggie so who's gonna step up and lead the staff, good JR class)

6. Beechwood

7. Dixie

8. NCC

9. St. Henry

10. Boone

IMO

1. Highlands (one of the deepest pitching staffs in the state)

2. Cov Cath

3. Cooper (this team will surprise many this year. Good young arms)

4. Conner

5. Beechwood

6. Ryle

7. Dixie

8. Boone

9. NewCath

10. St. Henry

Highlands will be a much better hitting team this year than last. I think the Birds should be a well rounded team. They will be much better up the middle imo..

Just curious, who do you guys have as the top arms at Highlands? I do agree that they will be a deep staff, but some of the pitchers I am thinking of are young and haven't seen a lot of varsity time yet.

Just curious, who do you guys have as the top arms at Highlands? I do agree that they will be a deep staff, but some of the pitchers I am thinking of are young and haven't seen a lot of varsity time yet.

 

Doty

Rom

Dreves

 

These are the first three guys that come to mind for me.

Highlands will be a much better hitting team this year than last. I think the Birds should be a well rounded team. They will be much better up the middle imo..

 

I thought all of their middle infield and centerfield were returning starters

I thought all of their middle infield and centerfield were returning starters

 

There will be some changes I believe..

Just curious, who do you guys have as the top arms at Highlands? I do agree that they will be a deep staff, but some of the pitchers I am thinking of are young and haven't seen a lot of varsity time yet.

 

They have 4 kids that throw mid to high 80's. 1 kid is already committed to play in college and 2 more are getting High D1 looks already. The 4th is a sophomore with a ton of potential and just hit 86mph at the PBR Pre Season All State Tryouts Sunday. Birds are loaded with pitching!

Who is the soph

Who is the soph

 

Cramer

Will Kavanagh (Frosh) get varsity time? I hear he is the real deal.

Will Kavanagh (Frosh) get varsity time? I hear he is the real deal.

He is, without a doubt, the real deal. Should be a starter and at the top of the order.

I thought all of their middle infield and centerfield were returning starters

 

Didn't the second baseman, Mayhew graduate?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.