9th Region Preseason Rankings

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the ranking except for Boone Co. at 7? I would put them last at 10. They weren't good at all last year and from what I've heard they have nothing in the pipeline. I heard they will be absolutely horrible!

If they are that bad they should not be in the Top 10 then. Being "last" in the Top 10 means you are better than over 1/2 the teams in the region........:sssh:

Honestly, I would have to think Highlands would be in the top 10 in the state... mainly due to it's strong pitching. Then I believe there is a bit of a drop-off. Cov Cath will come in barely in the top 25 and Beechwood around 30-35.....my guess.

I've been told that Highlands will probably be 1 or 2 when PBR comes out with their rankings..

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, the top 3 are:

1. CovCath

2. Highlands

3. Conner

There's more than a few ??? about most of the other teams in the region. Like...

Cooper has some solid pitchers and players, but is mostly the same team from last year that only won 8 games. Can this junior heavy team turn things around this year?

Beechwood lost a few GREAT players from last year. They still have plenty of talent, but are young.

Ryle lost the most starting seniors from 2016 than any other top Region 9 team.

Dixie returns some solid players but will likely lack depth in their pitching and hitting lineup. Same goes for St. Henry.

A team that will surprise some people this year will be Holy Cross. I'd rank them in the 8-9th spot in the Region.

IMO

1. Highlands (one of the deepest pitching staffs in the state)

2. Cov Cath

3. Cooper (this team will surprise many this year. Good young arms)

4. Conner

5. Beechwood

6. Ryle

7. Dixie

8. Boone

9. NewCath

10. St. Henry

This looks pretty good to me!

Pre season coaches poll was done last week for NKY. Don't know whole thing but top five were:

1. Highlands

2. CCH

3. Campbell

4. Conner

5. Beechwood

I didn't count Campbell because they are in the 10th Region. I would have them 3rd then behind HHS & CovCath..