33rd District Tourney

Congrats to the Rebels for getting their region ticket validated.

Good game for Purnell on the mound. Friend started off slow, but got his game going. Cooper defense was a little shakey tonight. Cooper played a better defensive game at their last meeting w/ Boone.

I assume there will be a Ziegelmeyer /Ostertag match-up tomorrow.

Hats off to Boone, they played with a lot of emotion from the first pitch. They were very aggressive on the bases, sometimes too aggressive. As a result one Boone player was ejected from the game for running over Cooper's third basemen. As was noted, Cooper's defense was not shakey, it was terrible. Boone scores two runs on an overthrow to third on a steal attempt. What made it bad was one of the runners scored from first base. Also Boone scores a run on a routine fly ball to right field. The runner tags up from second and advances to third and kept going all the way to home.

The emotion Boone played with is a direct result of their coaches, same with Cooper.

Hats off to Boone, they played with a lot of emotion from the first pitch. They were very aggressive on the bases, sometimes too aggressive. As a result one Boone player was ejected from the game for running over Cooper's third basemen. As was noted, Cooper's defense was not shakey, it was terrible. Boone scores two runs on an overthrow to third on a steal attempt. What made it bad was one of the runners scored from first base. Also Boone scores a run on a routine fly ball to right field. The runner tags up from second and advances to third and kept going all the way to home.

The emotion Boone played with is a direct result of their coaches, same with Cooper.

I hate games like that where of 9 runs scored only 2 were earned. Sloppy game all the way around for Cooper. They just have been snake bitten every year in district tourneys.

Mr. Hellbird instead of making excuses for Cooper just congratulate the winning team. I've been around the game a long time and have never seen a school/program with as many excuses as Cooper has. Every year there's an excuse why they can't win a meaningful game and advance to the region. It seems to me that they need better talent and better coaching. Congratulations to the Boone players and coaches on another job well done. Good luck the rest of the way!