10th region?

Baseball16

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think will be the best team in the 10th region this year? I look for Mason county to finally have a really good chance to make a trip to the legends field in the spring.

Who besides Williams do the Royals have coming back? He will be their best player next season, but i think they are still 2nd place in their district.

Bracken returns the entire team from last season the defeated the Royals 3 times last year. Scott returns seversl good players from last years championship team that made alot of noise at state. Harrison has several experienced players returning. While I am with you that thr Royals will be in the top 5-8 range all season they will have their work cut out for them to make it to state.

My way to early prediction for district champs in 2016 are Scott, Harrison, Bracken, and Bourbon

Who besides Williams do the Royals have coming back? He will be their best player next season, but i think they are still 2nd place in their district.

Bracken returns the entire team from last season the defeated the Royals 3 times last year. Scott returns seversl good players from last years championship team that made alot of noise at state. Harrison has several experienced players returning. While I am with you that thr Royals will be in the top 5-8 range all season they will have their work cut out for them to make it to state.

My way to early prediction for district champs in 2016 are Scott, Harrison, Bracken, and Bourbon

I think what the original poster is trying to say is this is Mason County's best chance to win the region it's going to have. I agree completely with everything you have said, they are definitely going to have their work cut out for them but I think they are a solid baseball team. They only lost 3 seniors, and are completely tearing it up in fall ball right now. They are no where near my favorite in the 10th but definitely will be my sleeper pick as the season approaches.

Who do you think will be the best team in the 10th region this year? I look for Mason county to finally have a really good chance to make a trip to the legends field in the spring.

I think the Royals should be happy if they win their district. Anything past a district championship would be bonus time for them.

The royals only lost 3 seniors. They're coming back this year with 5 seniors and 7 juniors. They have a lot of talent. If they can play as a team and work hard this winter and get their mind right. They're going to open a lot of people's eyes. Other than Williams, they have: Ritchie, bickley, Thacker, Morgan, smith, porter, jones, pitikas, Walsh, Nelson, and hill. They're going to be tough if they play the right people at the right spots.

Mason County is returning 8 starters this season. They easily have the best pitcher in the region with Darren Williams up to 87 MPH. This fall they destroyed Bishop Brossart, beat Bourbon 5-1, and beat Northern Kentuckys top travel ball teams. Mason Co only lost to Harrison Co last year 2-1 and Harrison's best player graduated. Mason Co was young and inexperienced last year, so place your bets on Mason Co. Bracken doesn't have a dominant pitching staff, and 0 above average hitters. They're a scrappy team. That's it plain and simple.

Mason County is returning 8 starters this season. They easily have the best pitcher in the region with Darren Williams up to 87 MPH. This fall they destroyed Bishop Brossart, beat Bourbon 5-1, and beat Northern Kentuckys top travel ball teams. Mason Co only lost to Harrison Co last year 2-1 and Harrison's best player graduated. Mason Co was young and inexperienced last year, so place your bets on Mason Co. Bracken doesn't have a dominant pitching staff, and 0 above average hitters. They're a scrappy team. That's it plain and simple.

Didn't Williams pitch in their district tournament loss to Bracken Co? Three words, Heart over hype.

We shall see about that.

Hope all the hype about the Royals is true, but until they are able to beat Bracken co. Head-to-head they still must be ranked 2nd in their district

This^^

Bracken County lost 0 seniors and have this year 4 seniors, 6 juniors, 1 sophomore, and freshman Tad Fisher who led the region in hits. I think Bracken was also playing some fall ball which by the way means nothing. I think Bracken and Mason are even as of right now. I think Bracken won last year because of their defensive and playing small ball that Mason could not defend. District tournament will be hosted at Bracken County this year also.

Edited by BrooksvilleBear
Grammar

My Polar Bears defeated the Royals 3 times last season, with excellent defense and smart overall play. The entire team will return this season with expectations being to repeat as district champs and to make some real noise in the region. With the district being held at the glacier it only helps the cause. Their schedule looks to be a little more difficult this season as it should prepare them for postseason play.

Mason indeed has one of if not the best pitcher in the region but the Bracken pitching staff are no slouches. Bishop is the ace,with Myers, Hamiliton, a pair of Jones, and Engnes all capable of pitching quality innings next season. Tad Fisher indeed lead the region in hits and his older brother Tanner swings a good bat as well. Bishop B. Jones and Lippert can all go deep. Hamiliton is also a good hitter in the 3 hole.

If anyone was young and inexperienced last year it was Bracken County, only having 2 upperclassmen starting every game. They had 0 seniors, mostly made up of sophomores, one freshman, and an 8th grader starting. Their schedule this year is a lot tougher, playing: Harrison, Brossart, Rowan, Belfry, Pikeville, Lewis, Boone, Paintsville, Fairview, Russell, Logan WV, and of course, Mason.

GRC was 40th District Champion in 2015. They were ahead of eventual state semifinalist, Scott, by 2 or 3 runs going into the bottom of the 6th inning in the 10th Region Semifinal.

GRC returns a great nucleus of players as they only lost 2 starters.

MC has talked the talk, time to see if they can walk the walk.

I would have to agree with this statement. Only problem I see is after D. Williams there's not much to talk about on the mound. He is there only hope.

14-9 was the combined scores in last years 3 games. All close games. Bishop tossed a shutout in game 1 at Mason. Close games like that it all comes down to coaching and that's where Bracken has the advantage.

Errors killed the royals in the district championship game. Another area where Bracken excels is on defense. A bases clearing miscue by the royals right fielder gave Bracken 3 runs in that District game and that was the difference in the game.

To be honest Ive see these kids on the field everyday the past couple weeks grinding working on defense where the take extreme pride in. If they ain't taking grounders they are in the cage. These boys are focused and chomping at the bit to prove last year wasn't a fluke and are poised for a repeat performance in 2016.

Scooter Charles will be a COY candidate in the 10th region this spring. He is the reason for the success. Yeah the kids have to play but they love playing for Scooter.