Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th region?

Featured Replies

Trame is a great coach, 2nd best coach in the region but he does not have the pedigree Whitaker has. No comparison.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac Whitaker is definitely the best coach in the 10th region and also one of the best in the entire state.

 

Historically yes. I would not trade Jeff Trame for him straight up today. Semantics.

Coach Trame led a baseball team last year who at the beginning of the season everyone thought they would be lucky to reach 10 wins, they managed to reach the Final Four. Coach Trame gets his players to buy in. Scott did not lose much from last years team, I fully expect them to make the trip to Lexington for a third year in a row.

Historically yes. I would not trade Jeff Trame for him straight up today. Semantics.

 

Trame has done more with less over the last two years. Whitaker has a great pedigree, has won titles, produced major league ballplayers etc. But right now, today....I'd pick Trame to coach my team.

Trame has done more with less over the last two years. Whitaker has a great pedigree, has won titles, produced major league ballplayers etc. But right now, today....I'd pick Trame to coach my team.

 

If you would take anyone in the 10th region to coach a baseball team other than Mac Whitaker you are misguided. How Mac Whitaker gets his kids to perform to their full potential is something you can't teach. Lately they haven't had the players to compete at as high of a level as usual. With all of state championships, amount of college and professional baseball players, national coach of the year recognitions for a school the size of Harrison County is remarkable. Harrison County hasn't had baseball tryouts ever that I can recall because of the amount of kids that are interested in baseball. The ones that are buy into his system and he gets the best out of every player.

If you would take anyone in the 10th region to coach a baseball team other than Mac Whitaker you are misguided. How Mac Whitaker gets his kids to perform to their full potential is something you can't teach. Lately they haven't had the players to compete at as high of a level as usual. With all of state championships, amount of college and professional baseball players, national coach of the year recognitions for a school the size of Harrison County is remarkable. Harrison County hasn't had baseball tryouts ever that I can recall because of the amount of kids that are interested in baseball. The ones that are buy into his system and he gets the best out of every player.

 

I'm not saying what Whitaker has done isn't remarkable. It is. And it might never be matched. But what Trame has done the last two years is pretty remarkable. He's won two regional tourneys without having the most talented team. Whitaker's style of coaching is going to be tougher and tougher to win with going forward. That's why I'd take Trame right now.

Who does Scott bring back other than Ohmer?

So, it's down to Bracken and Mason Co. I guess Harrison Co. & Scott should just hang up the cleats. Come on guys, not a team in the Region feels that the title does not have to first go through Harrison Co. That said, Scott has made it to Whitaker Park the last two seasons, and they are just NOW graduating all of those players who have done it the last two seasons. Scott should blow through the Region uncontested! But, it's nice to talk about others.

So, it's down to Bracken and Mason Co. I guess Harrison Co. & Scott should just hang up the cleats. Come on guys, not a team in the Region feels that the title does not have to first go through Harrison Co. That said, Scott has made it to Whitaker Park the last two seasons, and they are just NOW graduating all of those players who have done it the last two seasons. Scott should blow through the Region uncontested! But, it's nice to talk about others.

 

This thread should've just been titled the 39th District instead of the 10th Region. :lol2:

Who does Scott bring back other than Ohmer?

Scott returns Trame, Seay, Purnell, along with about 10 other juniors.

Scott returns Trame, Seay, Purnell, along with about 10 other juniors.

 

Wasnt the big Mann kid a junior?

Wasnt the big Mann kid a junior?

 

He's no longer at Scott. The family moved, and I believe he will be at Ryle this year.

He's no longer at Scott. The family moved, and I believe he will be at Ryle this year.

 

Wow.

Scott returns Trame, Seay, Purnell, along with about 10 other juniors.

I know of Trame and Seay for Scott , but what Purnell ? When I hear Purnell, I think of Boone County's Jeffrey Purnell.

I know of Trame and Seay for Scott , but what Purnell ? When I hear Purnell, I think of Boone County's Jeffrey Purnell.

 

Logan Pernell was a sophomore last year. Pitched a little, played a little in the outfield. Didn't play a whole lot, but will probably move into the starting lineup this year in the outfield, and be on the back end of the rotation. Scott is losing outfielder Eli Sowder, DH Ryan Seeney, OF Noah Back and catcher Brenton Hughes, in addition to Mann. Seeney and Mann were the only two on last years team that hit home runs, but this team didn't live on the long ball. I'd expect Scott to be better than most expect again, and they will compete for the region again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.