Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fanatic

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UK Fanatic

  1. The name sounds familiar ... Where is his previous experience?
  2. One other way ... If you have a district activity fund (where a school athletic dept. deposits some of their revenue at the district level instead of at the school level), there is much greater flexibility in how those funds can be spent. Redbook guidelines apply strictly to school activity funds. With the district activity fund, there just has to be an educational purpose, and that can be pretty broad. Biggest obstacle is that the district office wants to take on the "extra work".
  3. It's obvious Coach Carr cares about his kids, but that doesn't excuse what he apparently said. This is high school sports, and as an educator, I feel like you need to use the same type of language you would use or allow in the high school classroom. I feel like a good coach can get a team fired up and motivated without the language. The "words" I've heard tossed around (and inappropriate language in general) would get my athletes extra running if I heard them being used in practice. Needless to say, it wouldn't set a good example for me to turn around in use said language. No doubt these teenagers use the language, so I think we need to teach them they can have conversations without it.
  4. It may happen a lot, but it doesn't happen everywhere.
  5. Per Maysville media on Twitter, Mason County has a new coach. Kerri Stanfield stepped down. Zach Thomas, I think already in their school system, has been hired.
  6. UK HS College ..... I have no use at all for the NBA. I probably don't even watch 5 minutes a year.
  7. The Panthers were able to get out ahead in this one and stay there .... No come from behind win needed tonight.
  8. I would think after Mason's recent loss to Augusta and the way they gave up the lead in that game, they'll be extra fired up to take this one ..... Who wins, I don't know, but it should be a dandy.
  9. The Indians will host the Panthers in Mt. Sterling Monday night in the second semifinal game. The two have not played this season. Meaningless, but the last time Augusta and Montgomery County made it to the 10th Region Semifinals was 2 years ago in 2014.... and they played each other. The Indians sent the Panthers home, winning that one 69-58. Who wins Monday night and why?
  10. It's hard not to love the Panther's never-give-up attitude!
  11. I liked the Saturday split session for the quarter-finals.
  12. I've heard some coaches and ADs express that they dislike Sunday games/finals.
  13. Sounds like Bourbon nearly pulled the upset.
  14. I've seen this several times this year .... It's like they want to see what the effect is going to be before they call a foul: maybe it's if the shot goes in or whether contact with the ball handler is going to cause turnover.
  15. Who is the favorite in the 16th? If Ashland and Russell can get past the first round, looks like a possible heated semi-final game.
  16. Campbell County Middle School.
  17. Mason beat Scott by 8 in the regular season. Was that a close game throughout? Looks like one of a handful of games that Mason didn't win by at least 10 points.
  18. That's not real encouraging! Lol.
  19. Not sure. I assume you're implying it's too eary? If it's much later, you delay the second game start time. With what's probably a 2-hour drive from Campbell and Scott to Montgomery, it would make for an even later night out during the week.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.