2016 10th Region

We are about 3 1/2 months away from tryouts and practice getting underway. What is the views on the 10th? Is Scott still the team to beat? Will the 37th maintain its dominance or will there be a surprise team come out of nowhere? Volleyball is a pretty predictable sport for the most part but maybe this season there could be some better parity across the region.

What say you???

My preseason rankings:

37th

1. Scott

2a. Brossart

2b. Campbell

4. Calvary

5. Silver Grove (if they have a team)

38th

1. Harrison

2. Pendleton

3. Nicholas

4. Robertson

39th

1. Bracken

2. Mason

3. St. Pat

4. Augusta

40th

1. MoCo

2. GRC

3. Bourbon

Paris does not have volleyball

Ranking the districts

1. 37th

2. 40th

3. 39th

4. 38th

Edited by polarbear98

I would think that for volleyball, the closer the 10th gets to NKY and Lexington, the better it is. Looks like your rankings reflect that.

That's a fair assessment papa. The other districts are getting better and my hope is it starts to be more uniform across the region in a couple more years.

Scott losses 5 Seniors from thier back to back Regional Champ Team (Kallmeyer, Tapp, Bishop, Berning and Farrell). But this will be more of a reloading year for the Lady Eagles. Look for Kelly Franxman and Jordan Tapp to pick up where they left off last season. Also look for Kimberly Davis and a host of talented underclassman including Madison Fields, Topanga Thomas and Summer Segrist to play big next year. Never count anyone out. There is a lot of talent in the 10th, but I like the Eagles chances.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott losses 5 Seniors from thier back to back Regional Champ Team (Kallmeyer, Tapp, Bishop, Berning and Farrell). But this will be more of a reloading year for the Lady Eagles. Look for Kelly Franxman and Jordan Tapp to pick up where they left off last season. Also look for Kimberly Davis and a host of talented underclassman including Madison Fields, Topanga Thomas and Summer Segrist to play big next year. Never count anyone out. There is a lot of talent in the 10th, but I like the Eagles chances.

No one will come close to beating Scott.