Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott/Augusta predictions (10th Region Quarterfinals)

Scott vs. Augusta (10th Region Quarterfinals at Montgomery County) 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Scott vs. Augusta (10th Region Quarterfinals at Montgomery County)

    • Scott (13-16)
      38%
    • Augusta (22-6)
      61%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Brad Carr's Eagles & Brian Kirk's Panthers wrap up Quarterfinal Round action in a Thursday night-cap.

 

Augusta got the best of Scott, at Scott, on January 19th by a score of 67-58. Panthers are arguably the hottest team in the 10th right now, and the senior trio of Maddox, Snapp, & Crawford have accomplished more as a group than any other class in school history. Scott possesses arguably the 10th's most elite scorer in junior guard Jake Ohmer, and the supporting cast has shown improvement throughout the season, particularly junior Vinnie Duimlao.

 

Will the Eagles avenge the earlier loss or will the Panthers continue their winning ways?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

This one was the hardest 1st Round game for me to predict. Augusta is playing with confidence right now, and it's hard to go against the Maddox/Snapp/Crawford trio. But at the end of the day, it's harder for me to go against Brad Carr in March. Eagles in a nail-biter 62-59, which was the exact same score the last time these 2 played in the 10th Region Tournament (2013).

Yes, the RP kiss of death. I was really worried until now. LOL

Augusta by 12

If Augusta beats Scott by 12 I'm going to go out and find myself an accommodating bridge abutment.

Having come off of two recent stingings by Scott, I probably have overblown confidence in the Eagles, and need to come to the realization that we were victimized by bad match-ups and aggressive Eagles play

 

Augusta beat Scott in Taylor Mill by going to a 2-3 zone. It just can't be that simple. Giving the Scott staff the best part of a week to prepare for the Panthers, I look for a dogfight.

Sentimentally, I'm rooting for Augusta to win the state tournament, so a Panthers win would be gratifying. However, learning of an Eagles win wouldn't surprise me in the least.

 

How's that for a non-committal, committal?

Scott by 2

Having come off of two recent stingings by Scott, I probably have overblown confidence in the Eagles, and need to come to the realization that we were victimized by bad match-ups and aggressive Eagles play

 

Augusta beat Scott in Taylor Mill by going to a 2-3 zone. It just can't be that simple. Giving the Scott staff the best part of a week to prepare for the Panthers, I look for a dogfight.

Sentimentally, I'm rooting for Augusta to win the state tournament, so a Panthers win would be gratifying. However, learning of an Eagles win wouldn't surprise me in the least.

 

How's that for a non-committal, committal?

 

When did you go PC on us?

Augusta is and has been playing their best ball of the season over the last month. No reason to think the run stops here. In their earlier matchup with Scott, Augusta played very well defensively in the second half and were efficient on the offensive end. I'm expecting another grind it out game with the Panthers moving on.

The big 3 get the majority of the attention, and rightfully so, but Pugh and Shoemaker make the Panthers a complete TEAM.

 

Panthers by 5.

  • Author
Yes, the RP kiss of death. I was really worried until now. LOL

 

You're welcome.

I agree that this is a tough matchup to choose a winner. I am going to take Augusta in a close one. Ohmer will get his but it won't be enough to get the win. Augusta by 6.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.