Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SportsFan62

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SportsFan62

  1. I would imagine they ask all the coaches of the 9th, as for which ones actually respond and give their opinion, your guess is as good as mine. As for Zach Barnett goes, I wouldn't say he will be in the middle of the list at any point in this season. Maybe towards the bottom of the list if he has a good season but I'd still say its a stretch. He is good don't get me wrong, but from the games I have seen, he makes alot of shots, but also misses alot. He is very quick and can handle the ball pretty well but his size will hurt him if he drives to take it in the paint. I notied he has a very very quick shot though which is definitly a good asset. Hope him and the rest of the Crusaders have a great season!
  2. I don't think a small realignment would be a terrible idea for some schools. I can't say a whole lot about teams farther down south, but I have always found Walton Verona's schedule a little weird. They play a few teams around here but most of their away games it seems are about 30 minutes to over an hour away. I just feel like if they were in the 9th playin teams like Boone, Dixie, Lloyd, St. Henry and so on that are 10-15 minutes away it would make more sense to me.
  3. Good coaches are obviously key to a good team, and will keep them in some games, but he cant play the game himself, he will need some talented players to win games which they do have, but not a ton of varisty experience which I think may hurt them. And RiverDog, this is Scott High School not Scount County, I am assuming you misread the thread name when you made that post?
  4. As babb said, that is probably as far as you could get from the truth. Last year, (Trame's first year as head coach at Walton) was there best year in awhile. Not to mention, his brother was a center last year and Trame preached about getting him the ball down low more and more so he could use his size. Now if you ask me, if he ends up anything like his brother size wise, I would say that is the kind of coach I would want.
  5. I don't know how you can say that. If it was something like going from Holmes or Boone or somewhere that has been very successful in NKY lately to a school like Villa who has not done as well, then yes maybe a poor decision. While Walton usually has a decent team, they have not recently been a powerhouse. Anyways I doubt the decision even had anything to do with basketball. I have a family member on the team and can probably easily figure out the reason but until I do or someone else who knows the REAL reason, lets quit making blind assumptions. Make on the topic though, as Im sure he will be a good player in the future if he continues to work hard, I didn't see him being a huge contributor in the upcoming season. Sullivan Hargett Monday and Brockman on defense are IMO going to be the main factors in WV having a good season.
  6. What an excellent story, very inspiring young man right there!
  7. From the records it looks like it should be a good game. Boone being 27-11 and Butler being 25-12-1. Curious to know the story or reasoning behind there tie if anyone on here knows anything about that? Obviously being from NKY I am cheering for Boone so lets go Rebels!!
  8. Seeing that he got drafted I would say the decision to walk onto the baseball team was a very good one!
  9. Obviously I can't speak for Clyde, but I am assuming he is referring to the metal bats of college kids as compared to the wood bats they use in the bigs. I would be willing to bet the stats would be very different if he was using a wooden bat.
  10. Before I comment I would like to say that I am a St. Henry grad, played baseball all four years, and my senior year Cov Cath killed us. Just destroyed us, so to say the least, I am not CCH's number one fan. Cov Cath's last couple of classes are down. This coming from the same guy that previously posted he new more about and forgot more about baseball than someone else posting in this thread. I agree this year they did not have as strong of a year as the normally do, but it was by no means an awful season. BUT, if you can name a better pitcher catcher combination in recent years in Kentucky high school baseball as Maile and Isler, then I will shut my mouth and never post on here again.
  11. Think about it. They are good ball players and plan to play the game at the next level. If they want to be a good college player and possibly make it to the NBA would they be better off playing at Lex Cath and an Indiana High School or playing at St. Ben's where the competition will be much higher and they will imporve there game alot more. A big reason they go to places like that are exposure, but a lot of it has to do with the competition and becoming a better basketball player.
  12. Cov Cath usually gets almost all of Blessed Sacrament and St. Pius. St. Henry usually gets most of St. Henry grade school, MQH and St. Paul. There are some that don't go to the school most of the other students are, but for the most part thats usually how it goes with those 4 grade schools. There are schools like IHM and St. Agnes where I would say its about even between CCH and SHDHS.
  13. Burns transferring will hurt them in the future especially if he gets as big as his brother. Rebounding could be a problem they will need to work on to stay in games. I believe Monday is the biggest player this year and will have to do a lot on the boards. Sullivan should have a pretty big year he is a very athletic kid, he can shoot, drive, handle the ball, play defense and is very quick. I imagine Hargett will take the point a majprity of the time as he did a pretty good job of it last year when he ran the point. Brockman is a very good defender and is probably one of the quickest and fastest kids in the region, but he needs to work on his offense because they will need contributors on the offensive end.
  14. I agree it would be tough for basketball because there are far less players on the court than the soccer field, I was just throwing it out there because I did think it was odd and didn't know if it was a school thing or just a soccer coach thing. Being such a small school though it would be possible they don't cut any. Many of the kids that go there are going to get a good education at a Catholic school and don't want to play sports. Im curious to know how many people they have that go out for the team each year
  15. Yes they go every year I was sure which weekend it was though. I will try and get all the information I can on how they do down at camp.
  16. I can't speak for the basketball team, but I don't believe the soccer team cuts anyone. Obviously there are some that don't play much if any but from what I have heard the soccer team doesn't cut anyone. Does anyone know if this is the same for the basketball team? This would explain why they dress so many kids.
  17. You can't say Cov Cath didn't play small ball because they did. They played it pretty well aside from the last inning, Boone just played it better. The bunt for a hit in the bottom of the 6th I believe it was, was absolutely perfect. You can't place it any better than that. This was a very very good game, the momentum seemed to switch about every inning or two. Congrats to Ronald Cotton on his grand slam. Not only was it a huge point in the game, but just an exciting regional moment for the senior.
  18. Edit: My mistake you are correct he was a senior. He is a very talented player the only thing that hurt him is he didn't get a ton of playing time. While he still played some good minutes, he could have got more if not for Boone's pretty good guards that were a little ahead of him talent wise.
  19. Who started for each team? Any details on the game?
  20. Anyone have any updates on this game? It is probably close to over but I am about to head over there to catch the second game possible the end of this, anyone have a quick update before I head over?
  21. He did not seem to throw hard. The game I was at, he did not seem to throw hard. Obviously since everyone is jumping all over what I said he had an off game when I was there. Terribly sorry I offended everyone by not being impressed with him that game.
  22. Ill have to stop by and see a few games next season and see how they do at the next level. Congrats and good luck Ryan!
  23. Wow most games that long would start to bore most people but that sounds like an excellent game! Congrats and good luck to Shelby at state!
  24. I guss I didn't make myself clear when I said I only saw him once and he didn't impress me. He may very well be a very good pitcher, but did not have a good game when I was there. Not once did I say he didn't throw hard or that he was a bad pitcher. One game he threw and I was at he struggled. That is all.
  25. I agree, they always seem to be undersized and less talented but they play their hardest and they always seem to stay in some games they might not be expected to.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.