Saint Henry 2010/2011

I look for Zach Barnett to have a pretty good year at the guard, he has a pretty good shot, decent ball handling and is quick. After that I see them struggling, they won't have much height or much varsity experience but they could surprise some teams.

The only returning starter is Zach Barnett. Zach really played well and began to get comfortable in the offense during the 2nd half of the season last year. His speed, defensive skills, and shooting really have improved over the past 3 seasons. His best asset seems to be taking the ball to hole strong, but he needs to do this a bit more now that he's known as a 3pt shooter.

Sam Dedden is the player to watch. He will be a junior and has a lot talent. He's long and athletic. Reminds me a lot of Ben Kuebbing or Bennie Bessler. I expect him to start from day 1.

Darius Meiman has a lot to learn to be a big impact at the Varsity level. I see him playing both JV and Varsity again this season, with his role developing a bit as the season goes. He's got a bright future at St Henry.

At the point guard spot, I would expect to see Ben Hils (younger brother of Jake) take over at some point next season. He'll be a sophmore and as a freshman impressed the staff very much.

From what I know the incoming Freshman class will have a good amount of talent. Which could be a good thing for this young team, but with Dixie loaded this season.....the Cru has some work to do.

Barnett has a very quick jumper and will definitely lead the Cru next season.

I would expect Meiman to log Varsity minutes especially since they lost so many starters and they are a small school.

The incoming sophs are a group of overachievers and Hils is a very nice point guard with good handles. His size is his only downfall, if he has to face bigger stronger kids at that position he could find himself in trouble but he also has a bright future.

Barnett has a very quick jumper and will definitely lead the Cru next season.

I would expect Meiman to log Varsity minutes especially since they lost so many starters and they are a small school.

The incoming sophs are a group of overachievers and Hils is a very nice point guard with good handles. His size is his only downfall, if he has to face bigger stronger kids at that position he could find himself in trouble but he also has a bright future.

I agree with this, but if you remember his brother Jake from last year was also pretty small too very similar build as Ben does, and he did a decent job running the point last season, so lets hope Ben can do the same!

On Darius Meiman, he will definitely have a good career at St. Henry but I can't see him making a huge impact this coming year. He should get some playing time no doubt, but having almost no varsity experience will hurt him. It is a big jump playing JV to varsity so I see next season being a learning and maturing season for him. Look for him to have a big junior and senior season for the cru!

I agree with this, but if you remember his brother Jake from last year was also pretty small too very similar build as Ben does, and he did a decent job running the point last season, so lets hope Ben can do the same!

On Darius Meiman, he will definitely have a good career at St. Henry but I can't see him making a huge impact this coming year. He should get some playing time no doubt, but having almost no varsity experience will hurt him. It is a big jump playing JV to varsity so I see next season being a learning and maturing season for him. Look for him to have a big junior and senior season for the cru!

I agree about Meiman. He will see time this year. I know he was probably upset he didn't get more time last year, but that was a pretty good group of Seniors ahead of him.

Yes and a big group of seniors. That is one thing I always question about St. Henry, they always keep almost all the seniors that try out and it takes away from the playing time of some of the better underclassman that need some varsity playing time to develop and get themselves ready for their junior and senior years.

I have to agree they do carry alot of Seniors each year but that is the coaches decision and it seems to work for his teams each year. The Crusaders will have Senior Zach Barnett returning. Zach of all returning players will have the most varisty experience. THere will be 3 other seniors from last years roster Jon Patula limited varisty minutes, along with Alec Beeghly who got a few minutes of varisty at the end of last season and Jake Goetz who got a few minutes of varisty time at the end of season also. Junior Sam Dedden got varisty minutes throughout the year and will have to be a key factor on the boards with Beeghly this year for the once again undersized Crusaders. Sophmores Ben Hils and Darius Meiman saw also some varisty action at the end of last season. Barnett is the scorer for this team and then its anybody guess after that.

Senior Jake Goetz is very capable of running the point and should be given the chance to run the team at the beginning of the year. Ben Hils will be a good backup as he gets more varisty experience. The key for this team will be Meiman the kid can score and this team will need someone to take the pressure off Barnett as teams key on him to start the season. St. Henry will probably struggle a little this year in the beginning but will be ready by the ALL A . Good Luck this year.

The only returning starter is Zach Barnett. Zach really played well and began to get comfortable in the offense during the 2nd half of the season last year. His speed, defensive skills, and shooting really have improved over the past 3 seasons. His best asset seems to be taking the ball to hole strong, but he needs to do this a bit more now that he's known as a 3pt shooter.

Sam Dedden is the player to watch. He will be a junior and has a lot talent. He's long and athletic. Reminds me a lot of Ben Kuebbing or Bennie Bessler. I expect him to start from day 1.

Darius Meiman has a lot to learn to be a big impact at the Varsity level. I see him playing both JV and Varsity again this season, with his role developing a bit as the season goes. He's got a bright future at St Henry.

At the point guard spot, I would expect to see Ben Hils (younger brother of Jake) take over at some point next season. He'll be a sophmore and as a freshman impressed the staff very much.

From what I know the incoming Freshman class will have a good amount of talent. Which could be a good thing for this young team, but with Dixie loaded this season.....the Cru has some work to do.

Which incoming frosh are heading to St. Henry? I know they have several feeder schools but also compete with Cov Cath for the new talent?

Cov Cath usually gets almost all of Blessed Sacrament and St. Pius. St. Henry usually gets most of St. Henry grade school, MQH and St. Paul. There are some that don't go to the school most of the other students are, but for the most part thats usually how it goes with those 4 grade schools. There are schools like IHM and St. Agnes where I would say its about even between CCH and SHDHS.