Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SG ESQ

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SG ESQ

  1. He’s talking about pitchers.
  2. Long time member of BGP Always liked my man PP92 Regarding tonight as a father- I get it. You’re a fantastic advocate for your school and more importantly a good Dad.
  3. PBR is legit. They were good to my son. Because we live in NKY he did an event in Dayton OH. He got an invite to the Ohio showcase. They treated him with the same respect as if he were an Ohio player. I say this because the perception is they are state centric. Chris Fuller (KY), Chris Valentine (OH) and Adam Akin (TN) know their stuff. They have connections. These showcases force the boys to perform under the lights under pressure. Plus as to the three guys I mentioned above they are truly invested in promoting kids.
  4. Played in the 1981 tournament as an 8th grader. We drew the host. Good news was we scored more than any game we did the entire season. Bad news was the host Colonels took us to the woodshed. Still had a great experience and I still have the program.
  5. Ok. That's what I thought. Then the courier journal article used the incorrect mascot (see above Dayton v Newport summary).
  6. When did Dayton change its mascot from Flyers to Green Devils?
  7. He's got SG blood in him. Grandpa was a heck of a player. Glad to hear he's back. Great family.
  8. The reports of [the Birds'] death have been greatly exaggerated...
  9. I bet I'm correct that's the first varsity win for Dee. And a shutout makes it all the much better. Years ago his big brother was a good mentor to my son. Great family, great kids. Congrats. #bigbluewreckingcrew .
  10. I've been a member of this site for 16 years and now all of a sudden you're on the baseball forum? Spare me the passive aggressive stuff. Nice win Birds. #bigbluewreckingcrew .
  11. Someone commented on Dave's efforts with CC Knothole, but I wanted to echo that point. He has a long history of making a difference in the lives of young people. Congratulations and thank you!
  12. N Sigh.... Let's leave the Trains out of this...
  13. I am old. How old? Old enough to have played before there was a 3 point line. When I played, it was very common to shoot well beyond where the 3-point line is now. If you were a good shooter, and you were open, most coaches gave you the green light. And, because there was no 3 point line, no one gave it any thought that you were too far out. We averaged probably 65-70 points a game - so even without the line, we scored more than what many teams do now. My point of all of this is that moving the line will not decrease the attempts. Yes, it will probably lower the percentage a bit, but it will not alter the strategy (IMO). I say keep it where it is.
  14. I don't coach but just want to say that McKell alum Don Gullett may have been the greatest athlete in KHSAA history. Dude. Could. Ball.
  15. Prayers sent. Great kid. Played summer ball with my son. Get well BH.
  16. J If they had no maintenance responsibility I see no way it could proceed. There's no dominion and/or control. Stated another way - they couldn't be negligent even if they were so inclined. But therein lies the rub - what is the maintenance on a turf field? Can anyone be negligent? Conceptually what is a breach? It would seem to me that a MTD is appropriate? BTW - Hope all is well.
  17. Look, I have no idea if the suit had any merit from a causation basis, but this statement is a red herring. Judge Ward's ruling was based on sovereign immunity. That is a doctrine that prevents plaintiffs from suing governmental entities under certain circumstances. It had nothing to do whether the judge felt that the school was negligent. Just wanted to clarify this point.
  18. 1. Your analogy to top academics makes no sense. I don't understand the point you are making. One can be a top student and never participate in academic competitions. That's a red herring. 2. They're kids. They have a four year window, and for most, that's it. Most won't play at the next level. Play as many (or as few) sports as you want. 3. If you are ok with boys playing multiple sports, then we're on the same page. However, the last sentence of your post suggests that you really aren't ok with the boys playing multiple sports. Frankly, some of your prior posts reflect that very premise. 4. I'm "ok" with one thing and one thing only. The boys playing whatever they want to the best of their ability. And, I submit that will not result in the football program "sliding."
  19. No. Highlands (like any other school) needs its athletes to play whatever sport interests them. A vibrant athletic program where the boys are playing as many sports they want is best. That's what Highlands needs. And, apparently to your chagrin, that's the way the athletic program is conducted. As an HHS parent, I fully support the manner in which coaches work together and encourage boys to play as many sports at HHS as they desire.
  20. TNU has been the top team in the first two years of the conference. Won the conference tournament both times. They missed on an at large each year by one slot. That won't be an issue any longer due to the conference now having the AQ. KWC has four NKY boys on the roster.
  21. Should have added the following: GMAC gets an automatic qualifier beginning this year. NCAA D2 tournament expands to 56 teams this year. GMAC Conference Tournament is played at Prasco Park in Mason. We're hoping that continues.
  22. Salem will be leaving. Malone comes on board next year. ODU, Walsh, Lake Erie, Hillsdale, and Findlay join in 2017-2018. The rumor is that GMAC wants to add four more to give it 16 total. Hopefully, they will add to the south. The current footprint leaves KWC and TNU with a lot of long road trips.
  23. Again we are far afield from my usual domain With that said, I "think " the underlying premise is that the constitution is a floor. What I mean by that is that states can give additional rights but they cannot take away the basic rights afforded by the U.S. Constitution. Someone much more intelligent than me can interject to the contrary.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.