Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2016/2017

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2016/2017 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Highlands? Remember, please be constructive.

Will the Birds improve on their record from last year? I think so, they have a couple new additions in Angel (likely to play and help with athleticism) and Traylor (3or threat).

 

Posey should have a very good Jr Yr with his Varsity experience. The Birds need some aggressive big kids in the paint. Its been years since they have had any real size.

Aggressive big kids in the paint? What do you call Finfrock. Arguably their best player last year.

Aggressive big kids in the paint? What do you call Finfrock. Arguably their best player last year.

 

..and certainly aggressive.

Aggressive big kids in the paint? What do you call Finfrock. Arguably their best player last year.

 

What did he avg in pts and rebs per game?

Kyle Finfrock is leading returning scorer (9.8 ppg) and leading returning rebounder ( 9.4 rpg ) for the Birds.

Kyle has the ability to be one of the top bigs in NKY next year. The addition of Traylor will also be key in their success. I will add with bias nobody had a better summer than LaFrange. He continues to get no love here but ask Snapp at Newport his thoughts on the kid. I should know I watched every summer game. He shot 3 at high % last year and really has worked on his game going to the basket. Posey needs to distribute and find the hot hand. I expect Noe to have a good year. Race also got stronger throughout summer.

Kyle Finfrock is leading returning scorer (9.8 ppg) and leading returning rebounder ( 9.4 rpg ) for the Birds.

 

That's solid for a big in the paint.

Kyle has the ability to be one of the top bigs in NKY next year. The addition of Traylor will also be key in their success. I will add with bias nobody had a better summer than LaFrange. He continues to get no love here but ask Snapp at Newport his thoughts on the kid. I should know I watched every summer game. He shot 3 at high % last year and really has worked on his game going to the basket. .

 

I checked out his stats from from last year. I'm always curious as to what people consider a high %. He shot 39.2% from behind the arc. 45.5 % total.

Luke LaFrange can definitely stroke the 3 and is a gym rat. He and Traylor give the Birds some excellent options for Posey to deliver dimes to on the wings.

 

Its nice that LaFrange, Race, Traylor all can continue working on hoops thus fall heading into the season without any football conflicts. Are there any other kids I'm missing who will contribute at the Varsity level and are not playing a fall sport?

I checked out his stats from from last year. I'm always curious as to what people consider a high %. He shot 39.2% from behind the arc. 45.5 % total.
it was better, but he pressed toward end of year. In any event more basketball only's in the program with some good multi spot athletes. I certainly expect an increase in wins and a better showing overall. They definitely have more kids that can put the ball in a basket. The program had a good summer, I would 't sleep on HHS, they are going to surprise some folks.
Luke LaFrange can definitely stroke the 3 and is a gym rat. He and Traylor give the Birds some excellent options for Posey to deliver dimes to on the wings. Its nice that LaFrange' date=' Race, Traylor all can continue working on hoops thus fall heading into the season without any football conflicts. Are there any other kids I'm missing who will contribute at the Varsity level and are not playing a fall sport?[/quote'] JR's Noe, Gabbard for sure and Uhlenbrock , Schuett are other basketball only juniors as well. Salters could be a wild card. A lot different than years past.

Are the BullyBirds going to do that thing again this season where they start their season a few weeks later than everyone else? By time they played first game last season, everyone else was in mid-season form. They were playing catch-up all year and never caught up.

Will the Birds improve on their record from last year? I think so, they have a couple new additions in Angel (likely to play and help with athleticism) and Traylor (3or threat).

 

Posey should have a very good Jr Yr with his Varsity experience. The Birds need some aggressive big kids in the paint. Its been years since they have had any real size.

Whats the story on Traylor? Name doesn't ring a bell.

Are the BullyBirds going to do that thing again this season where they start their season a few weeks later than everyone else? By time they played first game last season' date=' everyone else was in mid-season form. They were playing catch-up all year and never caught up.[/quote'] Unfortunately that was based on need because most varsity ready athletes came from football and they usually have a deep playoff run. This year deeper and more basketball ready talent is available. Season starts earlier.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.