Has the high school 3-point line become "too easy"?

Been thinking about this a lot over the past few weeks...maybe because my team has been giving up 3 pointers by the basket load this year. But I am really starting to wonder...has the 3 point shoot in high school become a little too easy? Seems like I see kids now who I wouldn't really consider good shooters in the past drilling 3's at a high rate. I know some who don't like the 3 point line at all and wish it would go away...I'm not going to say that, but I think it might be time to look at moving it back a notch or two. Opinions?

That's probably why college (women's too as of this season) and NBA/FIBA moved it back. With all the specialization of youth sports today, it makes sense that as kids start becoming more competitive at an early age, the three point line becomes easier and easier. I would not be surprised if they moved it out a foot in high school within the next 10 years.

But if you ask Gregg Popovich, we should get rid of it all together.

I think its fine, there might be a few kids that shoot it better. Over all it seems the same as past years, a few teams or kids shoot it well. Would like to see some numbers on it, that might change my mind. When 40% is a really good number, don't think it needs moved.

I guess you want to raise the rim to 11 feet as well? %'s are still not that great except for a few. It all changes after 4 years if they continue to play anyway.

3 point line eas never a staple of the game to begin with unlike 10 foot rim. I have no problem fiddling with the 3 line.

The game of basketball is changing, teams are becoming less big and physical and moving to smaller and quicker players. Look at the NBA for example, the Warriors shoot 3's like crazy and aren't very physical yet are still beating top teams. Tall strong physical athletes like Dwight Howard aren't relevant anymore. It's just the start of a new generation of basketball players. Young kids are going to watch Steph Curry (their role model) and try to be just like him. Creating a wave of 3 point shooters for the next decade or so.

The line should stay where it is. This is far from college basketball. No reason to treat it as such. I know kids shooting the three ball better in college than they did in high school. The line is fine. Why are we always looking to punish players who have worked hard to excel? Everyone is dunking! Raise the rims!!!! Everyone is big and fast!!!! Widen the lanes!!!!

Why do we always have to make things tougher? Just play the game. It is not an easy game to play. Those that work hard to excel should reap those benefits.

Edited by PurplePride92

The line should stay where it is. This is far from college basketball. No reason to treat it as such. I know kids shooting the three ball better in college than they did in high school. The line is fine. Why are we always looking to punish players who have worked hard to excel? Everyone is dunking! Raise the rims!!!! Everyone is big and fast!!!! Widen the lanes!!!!

Why do we always have to make things tougher? Just play the game. It is not an easy game to play. Those that work hard to excel should real those benefits.

This!