Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Highlands 51 Boone County 37
Wow regionals is going to be fun just to see who gets to play Holmes in the finals. There really is no clear cut second team.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
Isn't this the same game plan Holy Cross used that got chastised on here?
-
9th Region D1 POY
I don't think there's anyway Kowolonek is in the conversation.
-
9th Region D1 POY
No doubt. I'm not saying he'd get my vote, but he is definitely in the conversation.
-
Holy Cross (Covington) @ Newport (01/13)
That's unfortunate. When I saw them in the LMIT I thought he looked to be a guy with some upside. He was made good decisions with the basketball, which this team desperately needs.
-
Lloyd/St. Henry (01/13)
St. Henry 61-48... with them pulling away in the second half. Faust has done another nice job without much talent.
-
Holy Cross (Covington) @ Newport (01/13)
What's up with Greene? I heard he didn't play last game for the Wildcats. Is that true? Will he play against Holy Cross?
-
NCC vs Dixie Heights
Big day for Jake Geisler and Grant Pangallo... Breds 53-41
-
9th Region Division 3 P.O.Y
- Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
I think it's more like you seem to have a personal vendetta against Maile. It would be great if anyone else was a capable scorer on that team, but they really aren't.... at least not consistently. Maile needs more touches. They should implement a rule like Holy Cross had last year with Sorrell, where he touches it on every single possession. You keep wanting to play a "team" game, but what's best for the team is for Maile to touch it everytime down and take the majority of the shots.- Blake Bryan NKY Leading Scorer
Lol really? Get over it. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read. This isn't football it's basketball. You don't retaliate. What does football have to do with this at all? I really doubt Romes or Daniels minded at all they're big boys, so why are you whining about this?- 9th Region Division 3 P.O.Y
I disagree.- Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
IDK about that... She was bad, but I don't think Ron Arnsburger exactly looked knowledgeable himself.- Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
It was actually Riley Slusher Housely R Johnson and someone else I am absolutely certain. Then Holy Cross put in it's JV with 1:40 left and he put in Herndon, McClendon, and Hayes. The JV's were only in for less than two minutes. It has no effect on the game whatsoever... just saying. Oh yeah, and CardinalNation was right because there were only three possessions when the JVs came in. McClendon missed a drive, HC hit a three, and then the last one where Herndon dribbled out the clock.- Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
That was about to be my comment. I haven't seen yet what positives he brings to this team.- Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
The problem is you take reasonable statements and make them a little ridiculous and state them as fact. There's a great chance that HC will lose to both of those teams and end up with the 4 seed. There's also a great chance that they beat one of them. They could possibly beat both, although I don't see it happening. You are out of your mind to think that there is no way that they could ever beat Bwood or CCH this year.- Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
Lol exactly. I think ETA might have been gabbin a little too much during this one.- Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
Anyone who caught the ball inside for Holmes got double teamed. They help out in the post. It's not like they were chasing Pittman and doubling him all over.- Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Can anyone give a recap of the game? I think we all got the idea that it's a good win for Beechwood. Who played for CovCath? Did Maschinot run the point alot again? Who played well? Who had all the turnovers that have been mentioned? Were there three to four sophs on the floor together again?- Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41
Wow... ETA I think everyone would agree Holmes is the better team, and I usually agree with you... However I couldn't agree less with you on this one.- CovCath/Beechwood (01/09)
He's not even kidding. That's capacity.- Newport 60 Newport Catholic 59
This seems to happen all the time in this game. Newport is all jacked up for the "rivalry"... NCC comes out flat expecting to walk all over them and they lose. Then they play later when it matters and NCC blows them out.- Newport 60 Newport Catholic 59
Newport won on a buzzer beater.- Blake Bryan NKY Leading Scorer
Saying that how could you say an 18 year old has an advantage on most starting lineups, and what difference does that make. Most seniors are 18 and I know he's just a junior but you can't honestly say he has an advantage over most starting lineups.- CCH Has a New (Assistant) Basketball Coach
:thumb: I believe you understand correctly. - Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50