Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final per Eta Roh who was at the game.

29 to 14 at the half.

Looks like the Indians played them evenly in 2nd half.

Did ETA say that the Indians played them close or are you going by the score only? If not, let's not make assumptions until we hear the whole story from people who were there.

Was headed to the game that shows on the scoreboard as starting at 745 and called PPaw to see where he was sitting to be told the game was almost over at 7pm. Nice work on the scheduling. I am guessing the girls game was after the boys game. I hope one day people will realize that not many people want to watch the girls games and quit doing this stupid scheduling. I'm guessing that 3/4 of the gym left after the boys game..I'm tired of living in a PC world...I'm done venting now

Holy Cross started the 2nd half on a 7-2 run and had it down to 9 at the start of the 4th. Holmes extended the lead in the first part of the 4th and kept HC at bay the rest of the way.

Not a good night for Pittman who only finished with 7 points, but Riley picked it up pouring in 17...

Was headed to the game that shows on the scoreboard as starting at 745 and called PPaw to see where he was sitting to be told the game was almost over at 7pm. Nice work on the scheduling. I am guessing the girls game was after the boys game. I hope one day people will realize that not many people want to watch the girls games and quit doing this stupid scheduling. I'm guessing that 3/4 of the gym left after the boys game..I'm tired of living in a PC world...I'm done venting now

Wife and I walked in at 7:00, there were 3:00 left in the 3rd period. Finally get her to go to one of these things and...:madman: Simple observation: I believe Coach H has got to start letting these guys play and stop being Mr. nice guy all the time. One of these times it's going to bite em in the backside.

Edited by Baseballguy

Just got in from the game. Game wasn't as close at the final might sound.

Holmes jumped out to a quick 6-0 lead and then HC started to slow the game down as they realized they couldn't run with Holmes or they'd be out of it by halftime. HC was down 11-3 with a little over a minute left. Holmes scored on a nice drive and bucket by Riley and then HC scored their first field goal of the game to end the first at 13-5 Holmes. Rico had 6, Riley 5, and JJ 2. Giwa had 3 for HC, all on free throws.

Second quarter, Holmes dictated the pace and held a 10+ lead throughout the quarter. Riley led Holmes in the first half with 11 points. Very boring game to watch with HC trying to slow the game because Holmes held a significant height advantage. Score was 29-14 at the half after Slusher of Holmes got a tip in at the buzzer. Pittman had ZERO points and was double and triple teams anytime he touched the ball.

Third quarter HC actually played well and won the quarter 17-11 behind four 3 pointers. Holmes played very sloppy and the refs tried to dictate the pace of the game. The woman referee was absolutely horrible both ways. Holmes took a 40-31 lead in to the fourth quarter.

Fourth quarter Holmes got their act together and built a 19 point lead with 3 minutes left in the game. Henley started subbing at this point and we'd see the JV the rest of the way. Holmes led 55-38 with 10 second left and HC hit a 3 to give you the final of 55-41.

Overall a pretty boring game to watch as HC played stall ball the WHOLE GAME. Riley led all scorers with I believe 17 or 18 points. Pittman finished with 7. I believe Rico finished in double figures as well. Not sure why, but Arnold didn't play at all tonight for Holmes.

Holmes jumped out to a quick 6-0 lead and then HC started to slow the game down as they realized they couldn't run with Holmes or they'd be out of it by halftime. HC was down 11-3 with a little over a minute left. Holmes scored on a nice drive and bucket by Riley and then HC scored their first field goal of the game to end the first at 13-5 Holmes. Rico had 6, Riley 5, and JJ 2. Giwa had 3 for HC, all on free throws.

Second quarter, Holmes dictated the pace and held a 10+ lead throughout the quarter. Riley led Holmes in the first half with 11 points. Very boring game to watch with HC trying to slow the game because Holmes held a significant height advantage. Score was 29-14 at the half after Slusher of Holmes got a tip in at the buzzer. Pittman had ZERO points and was double and triple teams anytime he touched the ball.

Third quarter HC actually played well and won the quarter 17-11 behind four 3 pointers. Holmes played very sloppy and the refs tried to dictate the pace of the game. The woman referee was absolutely horrible both ways. Holmes took a 40-31 lead in to the fourth quarter.

Fourth quarter Holmes got their act together and built a 19 point lead with 3 minutes left in the game. Henley started subbing at this point and we'd see the JV the rest of the way. Holmes led 55-38 with 10 second left and HC hit a 3 to give you the final of 55-41.

Overall a pretty boring game to watch as HC played stall ball the WHOLE GAME. Riley led all scorers with I believe 17 or 18 points. Pittman finished with 7. I believe Rico finished in double figures as well. Not sure why, but Arnold didn't play at all tonight for Holmes.

The woman ref was Lori Edgington. She is a Holy Cross graduate who went to Uk for basketball. She also reffed a game during the Lloyd Inv. Tour and was not to good there.

The woman ref was Lori Edgington. She is a Holy Cross graduate who went to Uk for basketball. She also reffed a game during the Lloyd Inv. Tour and was not to good there.

I agree about Edgington. She has been a bad ref for quite a while.

Riley 17 pts

R Johnson 12 pts

J Johnson 8 pts

Pittman 7 pts

D Johnson 6 pts

Slusher 4 pts

Housley 1 pt

Pretty boring game, HC slowed it down very much. I did think they played the right defense against Pittman, which left Riley wide open all night. Iwa played a real good game, shot better than usual. Overall good win for the Dawgs!!! :flame:

Pittman not getting double figures even in a slow down game is surprising to me. Holmes keeps rolling along. Doubt they lose very many more. One more regular season loss would be about it and to who I don't see it?? Congrads to the Bulldogs on another W......

Pittman not getting double figures even in a slow down game is surprising to me. Holmes keeps rolling along. Doubt they lose very many more. One more regular season loss would be about it and to who I don't see it?? Congrads to the Bulldogs on another W......

He didn't really seem all that interested to me. Simply never got in to the flow of the game...

Wow... ETA I think everyone would agree Holmes is the better team, and I usually agree with you... However I couldn't agree less with you on this one.

Just a few thoughts!

• Holmes seems to play to the competition which has to be tough on Coach Henley
  • When they decide to turn it on, particularly on defense, the game is over especially against NKY teams (ie: against St. Henry when it was a 2 point game in the third quarter)
  • Pittman did get double teamed many times but he just couldn't handle the ball tonight, pressure or not. It was almost comical at times.

Edited by SportsFan62