Holmes 55 Covington Holy Cross 41

I wouldn't call it stall ball at all. They are running offense despite the long possessions.(it's actually there style of play believe it or not)

Overall, Holy Cross was a better shooting 1st quarter, and a couple breaks going their way, away from making this game go down to the wire. Props to all Holmes players contributing to their win tonight. With Pittman not being much of a factor, it really showed how ALL their players can play, and it's great how they all have 3pt. range to go along with their great athleticism(amazing combination of talents).[/i]

It was very much STALL BALL, it's very boring to watch. Holy Cross' student section is rude, i don't remember them being that rude when i was high school.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA, I think everyone knows that Holmes is BY FAR the best team in the 9th and the solid number one in the state. So why do you insist on making it so that your team is soo dominant after every game. From the scores you sent me after each quarter, YES obviously Holmes was the better team, but it wasn't as lopsided as youre trying to make it.

HC can beat Beechwood and CovCath. Covcath can beat HC and Beechwood. Beechwood can beat HC and CovCath. It's pretty much not much of a difference in the three. Beechwood has a bit of an edge that is about it. I think it will be Beechwood and CovCath again at the end of all this, but don't count HC out!

ETA, I think everyone knows that Holmes is BY FAR the best team in the 9th and the solid number one in the state. So why do you insist on making it so that your team is soo dominant after every game. From the scores you sent me after each quarter, YES obviously Holmes was the better team, but it wasn't as lopsided as youre trying to make it.

I'm not trying to make Holmes sound even more dominant than they were? I was simply replying to the comments that this game was closer than the score indicates. It's not like Holmes pulled away at the end. They held a 15 point lead the majority of the game, outside of the third quarter in which HC got hot from outside. Holmes was up 19 with a minute left and 17 with 10 seconds left. I wouldn't call that being close. I think too many HC fans are just trying to get satisfaction out of losing by 14 points when really the margin could have been much worse. If HC played any other team last night and lost the way they did, I don't think people would be singing the same tune.

HC can beat Beechwood and CovCath. Covcath can beat HC and Beechwood. Beechwood can beat HC and CovCath. It's pretty much not much of a difference in the three. Beechwood has a bit of an edge that is about it. I think it will be Beechwood and CovCath again at the end of all this, but don't count HC out!

Sure any of those possibilities can happen. But RIGHT NOW, Beechwood IMO is playing the best ball. They are very much like Holmes without the height or obvious athleticism. I agree that I think it will be B'wood and CCH at the end too, and I'm certainly not counting HC out because they are a solid defensive team. But having seen all three, that is just my opinion.

The woman ref was Lori Edgington. She is a Holy Cross graduate who went to Uk for basketball. She also reffed a game during the Lloyd Inv. Tour and was not to good there.

I don't find it fair that she can ref Holy Cross games being a Holy Cross grad.

I don't find it fair that she can ref Holy Cross games being a Holy Cross grad.

I believe that there is a five-year-out rule, stating that a graduate of a specific high school can officiate that school's varsity games so long as he/she has been a graduate for over five years.

Someone might want to quatify or verify that statement.

Egan was holding Pittman all night. I was in the first row by the score keeper.

He was never holding him. He kept contact, sure, that was the way everyone should guard Pittman. Pittman started to get frustrated with Egan's defense when he was not getting his, which then led to Pittman pushing and shoving. If anything Pittman could have been called for several offensive fouls. Egan was not doing anything wrong or illegal guarding him, just playing good tough D, which Pittman has not been real use to this year.

And thanks for letting me know where you were. I was there too.;)

Well she certainly didn't help HC if that's what your getting at.

Not saying she helped but, second half foul difference was Holmes 13 Holy Cross 7...she made practically all of those calls.

Let's also not forget the lane violation that she called and then overruled when Giwa was at the line. She gave him the ball, he took a dribble and the HC player on the block stepped out of the box and headed toward half court...she then overturned her call for whatever reason after talking to the other referee.

Not saying she helped but, second half foul difference was Holmes 13 Holy Cross 7...she made practically all of those calls.

Let's also not forget the lane violation that she called and then overruled when Giwa was at the line. She gave him the ball, he took a dribble and the HC player on the block stepped out of the box and headed toward half court...she then overturned her call for whatever reason after talking to the other referee.

Actually, the players were in the wrong spots and the HC player was moving so the Holmes player could get his right spot. They lined up too far down, using the fist block space. In the girls All A a few years ago, she overturned an out of bounds call and it cost HC the game and a chance to go down state. It was the worst call that I have personally ever seen.

Edited by Ram