Highlands 51 Boone County 37

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly game. Neither team looked good, and Boone looked terrible. I am not totally surprised by the result for reasons I don't care to discuss anymore. It was a VERY physical game. Earls did not have a good game for Boone. Nobody really stood out to me offensively on either team. Highlands sat in a zone in the second half, and Boone continued to try to pound the ball inside. Congrats to Highlands.

Ugly game. Neither team looked good, and Boone looked terrible. I am not totally surprised by the result for reasons I don't care to discuss anymore. It was a VERY physical game. Earls did not have a good game for Boone. Nobody really stood out to me offensively on either team. Highlands sat in a zone in the second half, and Boone continued to try to pound the ball inside. Congrats to Highlands.
With the zone buster in Scott Co. Did Boone have enough good outside shooters to pull the Birds out of the zone?

With the zone buster in Scott Co. Did Boone have enough good outside shooters to pull the Birds out of the zone?

Hard to say, they have rarely attempted 3's this year. Players look tentative when they do shoot them, and when they do, there's little rhythym or flow since they don't shoot them much. Only 1 or 2 3s were attempted until the last minute, when it didn't matter.

I don't understand why a kid would choose to be a bit player on SC where he could play a much larger role with kids he played with his whole HS career. To each his own I guess.