Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Beechwood 53 Covington Holy Cross 45
I don't know that he's only 5'9". He only looked maybe an inch or two shorter than Romes who was guarding him and he's 6'1"-6'2". Still he's strong for a point guard and his moves were very effective so the height doesn't matter.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
You realize it's two days away?
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I agree that CovCath is going to be one of the few teams that is happy that HC is slowing it down this year. This game is going to be one of the most intriguing of the year in my opinion. I'm not sure what to expect from it.
-
Holmes 69 Dixie Heights 46
Oh ok thanks.:thumb:
-
Holmes 69 Dixie Heights 46
How come? Do you not know?
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
So if I'm following this correctly... you want a starting lineup out of the Indians of Giwa, Lea/Eastin, Fortner, Sullivan, and Egan???!!:scared:
-
Beechwood 53 Covington Holy Cross 45
Both had decent games and won the battle of the bigs. Egan had seven. Sullivan had five. Smith had three for the Tigers. Snyder had seven.
-
Holmes 69 Dixie Heights 46
I've yet to see him or hear about him doing it in a game that was close. It seems like when his head gets out of it (ie easy wins) is when he gets a little out of control.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)
I liked HC's chances better if they beat Beechwood. It's going to be tough to go into CovCath for a must win.
-
Holmes 69 Dixie Heights 46
Lol you say you know he's just a freshman, but then you expect him to not get pushed around by one of the best athletes in NKy. I don't think Zeke will have any trouble putting on some muscle as he gets older.
-
Beechwood 53 Covington Holy Cross 45
I wouldn't expect to see them make a late comeback. That's why they run the offense they do, because they don't have scorers outside of Giwa. The problem is when they have to hurry up and try to score they really have no options outside of Giwa who the defense obviously keys on. Couple that with the fact that he can't shoot very well from the outside and it makes it tough for the Indians to comeback late in the game. On a sidenote Pohlgeers had a big night for the Tigers... that was the best I've seen him shoot.
-
Lloyd 57 Dixie Heights 54
Gotta think the exact opposite of what you said.
-
Lloyd 57 Dixie Heights 54
Who do they play in Covington? Are they good?:idunno:
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
The defensiveness just isn't needed, and I disagree with you. I don't think NCC would beat them 10 out of 10 times. I see Danville as a team very similar to Newport, who beat NCC once this year already. I was just saying the problems Danville had weren't consistent with the excuses you were making.
-
Conner 71 Highlands 56
Conner is looking like a very dangerous team as of late. They already played Holmes tough once. They could really be a sleeper come tourney time.
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
You have to be kidding... Again let me explain this, I'm not a NewCath fan. I just happened to be at the game to watch some good basketball. What does Shelby Valley have to do with this game. Shelby Valley is a very good ballclub, and was able to stop NewCath from getting a lot of the plays they wanted from what I hear. I'm not bashing Danville. It's just that a power outage didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. NewCath was just the better team, and they would probably beat Danville 7 or 8 times out of ten.
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
It wasn't about them not being there. It's not like they played that bad. They just aren't a disciplined team, and they aren't very well coached. NewCath runs some of the best set plays in NKY, and they worked all night against Danville. Again it's not like they played bad. In fact, they made most of their open shots. They just didn't get the kind of looks that NCC got, and their press that I'm sure they rely on against a lot of teams didn't work against a disciplined ballclub like NCC.
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
I'm not even a NewCath fan. It just wasn't even close as far as coaching and discipline goes. NewCath got open look after open look, and didn't even really have a great game out of most of their usual suspects. Danville looked like Newport with a little less talent. They have some speed and athleticism and one decent post player who doesn't get enough touches. They force way too many shots, they don't run any type of offense, and they don't understand the concept of team defense. Unless they were going to learn all of those things in three days of practice that NCC probably didn't have either then I don't think it was going to make a difference.
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
Ok well let me help you out here... It could have been 70 and sunny and it wouldn't have made a difference.
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
... the game?
-
Newport Central Catholic 57 Danville 43
Just curious... Were you there?
-
36th District Draw
Well at least it's not NCC/Highlands in the first round like last year.
-
NewCath 53 Newport 47
Lol exactly. Luther didn't score any in the last two minutes. McDaniel had all their points during that time except for two points by Darnell.
-
Holmes 69 Largo, MD 62
I read that, but again like I said before, you are saying he is a post player which he isn't at all. Like GT says, he is a MAC level recruit as long as he continues on the path he is on.
-
Holmes 69 Largo, MD 62
You haven't watched them at all if you think his skill set is that of a post player. Just because he rebounds and plays defense doesn't make him a post player. He's an athletic wingman who has a decent jumpshot. I'd look for him to improve his three-ball and be more aggressive with it next year, and he will no doubt be a solid d-1 prospect.