Everything posted by BadJ
-
New Webster County Football Coach
Good luck and congratulations
-
2009 Bath County
Golly moses I'm glad that boy is gone, he was a stud.
-
What Are "They" Doing to Kentucky High School Football and Sam Harp's Slippery Slope
AMEN..... Morgan county is just figuring out that there are 2 seasons in the county: football season and getting ready for football season. In MC I'm actually very lucky. Coach Perry encourages the roundballers to play football. In a small school we need to share athletes. I'm originally from PA so I don't buy the basketball is king stuff. . If you force the kids to make a choice, they might not make the one you want them to.
-
What Are "They" Doing to Kentucky High School Football and Sam Harp's Slippery Slope
#1's against JV's breeds complacency. Which is not good for Friday night in September.
-
What Are "They" Doing to Kentucky High School Football and Sam Harp's Slippery Slope
7 on 7 is a great way to see how your kids COMPETE if nothing else. I'm not a throw the ball around guy, but I want to see hom my kid does when he's pushed. You can only see that so much with intrasquad competition.
-
2009 North-Eastern Kentucky Linemen
Nate Cantrell (jr) at Morgan County is 5'11" 245lbs benching 335 and full squatting 455. We should see results next year from him. We have 3 VERY solid kids who played allot last year as freshmen. Jeff Smith 6'0 215 Jamie Ferguson 5'10 205 Dustin Brewer 5'11 185 All three are now benching and power cleaning over 200. Jeff is running track and ran a 29 second 200. Justin Rister is pushing 250 on bench and PC dead lifting 450. Yes, it's a different world over here in West Liberty than in the past.
-
Warren Central Coaching Vacancy
You mean I won't get rich from coaching HS football? Good thing I have this high paying teaching job.
-
Prayers for 2 Corbin Football Players
Good luck and God Bless these young men.
-
Helmet Decals... Please Help!!!
Simply excellent Thank You
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 16th Region Contest
Morgan
-
Helmet Decals... Please Help!!!
wow I didn't mess that up. Hope you can use that
-
Helmet Decals... Please Help!!!
-
Middle School - Football Feeder Programs for High School
Morgan has 1 middle school feeder.
-
What Team Is Going To Be The Biggest Surprise In North-Eastern Kentucky?
I sure hope so. We have seen gains across the board on all of their lifts and if they stay with it I'm 100% sure the success will come. Thanks for the words of encouragment
-
What Team Is Going To Be The Biggest Surprise In North-Eastern Kentucky?
Morgan county has had 20-30 kids in the weight room 5 days a week since the end of football season. The kids have said this is the first time they've ever had organized lifting.... so, take that for what you will. I know when I came at spring break I'd have 3-5 kids. I'm not sure Highlands has to worry....YET, but we'll surprise a few this year
-
Gridiron Dynasties
I've read the book. A great and must read for ANY coach. These programs are what all programs, including the elites in KY aspire to be. One of the things I found fascinating and refreshing was the belief in a spiritual aspect of the game and life. How many schools have an active FCA? I know ours does not but I will be pushing to get it going. The other thing was the "culture" as everyone is refering to. You can read at least 2 or three other threads on this site alone (I'm too lazy to look) that read about parents/administrators hindering programs or coaches needing thick skin. These elites do not have that problem. I have coached w/ some very good coaches. First and foremost Charlie Hovis in VA and the late Jack Young in PA. These guys never had the problems with parents I read about on this site and have experienced here. It just doesn't happen. Until we get a football mentality through out the state the few teams/ schools that are winning will continue. Maybe as coaches we should make it a must read for administrators and parents.
-
What does it take to build a dynasty?
These days you need facilities to support a weight program. I agree that you can't change that 5'5" 140 into 6' 200 with those 40 times but you can develop that kid into someone who can contribute with proper training. If that kid is 5'5" as a 9th grader you never know what he'll develop into. You need the belief in a system and the courage to stay with it when things are bad. I have heard SO MANY times "that's not the way we do things" and continue to do things my way. I EXPECT to win in Morgan County. Community support for the program is imperitive when building a program. You can do things much quicker if you have that support.
-
Kentucky Sends 12 Players to the FBU All-American Bowl
We are all very proud of Walker here in Morgan County. I look forward to seeing him and his buddies on the varsity level. Walker is the one that got this recognition but there are 5,6,7 more that could have just as easily been chosen. The great thing about the middle school team is that, it is exactly that a TEAM. Look for great things from this group. Walker we did, however, miss you in the weight room. Nets it's getting crowded in there!!! HELP!!!!
-
Highlands Cannon Crew
Prayers from Morgan County for a speedy recovery
-
Class 2A - Morgan County @ Corbin
They're already winning by 10?
-
Class 4A - West Jessamine @ Harrison County
Go West, young man!
-
I Think I Can! I Think I Can! I Can Actually Win a Contest (Week #8)
Calloway County Christian County Knox Central Harlan County Breathitt County
-
Can't Guru Just Let Me Put the BGP Logo on a T-Shirt Instead? (Week #7)
Ashland Paul Blazer Beechwood Boone County . Mercer County Corbin
-
Alright! Forget The T-Shirt, I'll Take A Moral Victory Contest (Week #6)
. Louisville Holy Cross Lexington Christian Trinity Clay County Mason County
-
Prestonsburg 48 Morgan Co. 14
Clock was not a factor. Class act on the Pburg sideline. Coach could have named the score. #5 is a horse.